[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To You Huddlers Who Dont Want Kids

spain

Both my sister and I were adopted. Suffice it to say I have enough issues with adoption that I won't do that to a child.

this is the most inane thing in this thread (and that is saying a lot given spain's word barf). my wife was adopted as well and is very grateful that she was taken in by a loving family that worked hard to raise her right and provide for her. "do that to a child" sounds like you are equating adoption with some sort of abuse.

haven't you been listening to angelina jolie?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is the most inane thing in this thread (and that is saying a lot given spain's word barf). my wife was adopted as well and is very grateful that she was taken in by a loving family that worked hard to raise her right and provide for her. "do that to a child" sounds like you are equating adoption with some sort of abuse.

haven't you been listening to angelina jolie?

You obviously didn't continue reading this thread. I did say they were my hangups and not anyone elses. Try and keep up.

I find it somewhat interesting that Spain's position is somewhat similar to that of the Catholic Church.

Wrong. The Catholic Church's position is strictly missionary while I myself prefer the Reverse Cowboy with a Conoodle...

I think parents should have to take an intelligence test in order to have kids. The problem with children are anyone can have them.

That would be cool except Jesse Jackson would lead a protest of all the Democrats whose numbers will be dwindle significantly...

The wife and I will have kids eventually. We're still young so we've got time to enjoy the "non-kid" lifestyle.

You know..impromptu dinners out, weekend getaways, spending small fortunes on indulgences, etc. When the time comes..this income will be devoted to our kids. Spoiled little brats. :D

That is what my wife and I did. We've been together for 12 years, married for 7, and she is now 14 weeks pregnant with our 1st child. I'm 31, and she is 29, and we plan on having three spaced out about 2 years each. (I know, that plan might change) I wouldn't give up those 12 years & 7 years of marriage for anything, as we enjoyed everything you mentioned above, but, I hit a point about a year ago, where it was just time to move to the next stage in life, and I absolutely cannot wait until this baby is born. Time is dragging right now and she is only 14 weeks in !!!

As for people not having children, let people do what they feel is right for them. There is far too much judgment going on in this world. If something makes people happy, without hurting anyone else, why do people have a problem with it ? :D

I think my SO is starting to catch on that happy mouth fun time isn't going to get her pregnant. I'm thinking of telling her that it's the reason her hair always looks conditioned and wonderful. Any advice?

You obviously didn't continue reading this thread. I did say they were my hangups and not anyone elses. Try and keep up.

Exactly Kid, that was YOUR OPINION. Just like my initial post in this thread was my opinion. Unfortunately, some people cant just agree or disagree. They have to get about 9 miles deep into their little girlie man feelings. Nobody was even talking about or too you. I was making a statement about all of these idiots that I work with that blissfully are ignorant of the joys of having kids. Then you had to go all drama queen on me.

Well, for you jack asses who are so spoiled and selfish as to want to remain childless,

We are both 43 now so having more kids is probably not an option and my wifes tubes are tied.

Talk about your selfish jackasses. :D

That is what my wife and I did. We've been together for 12 years, married for 7, and she is now 14 weeks pregnant with our 1st child. I'm 31, and she is 29, and we plan on having three spaced out about 2 years each. (I know, that plan might change) I wouldn't give up those 12 years & 7 years of marriage for anything, as we enjoyed everything you mentioned above, but, I hit a point about a year ago, where it was just time to move to the next stage in life, and I absolutely cannot wait until this baby is born. Time is dragging right now and she is only 14 weeks in !!!

As for people not having children, let people do what they feel is right for them. There is far too much judgment going on in this world. If something makes people happy, without hurting anyone else, why do people have a problem with it ? :D

yup, same here. we were together 10 years, married seven before our daughter was born last year. my wife has an older brother who got married at 21. he had two unplanned kids very early. not only were he and his wife selfish to begin with, but i believe that, deep down, they resented the kids for "ruining" their 20-something carefree years. like menudo said, my wife and i reached a point where it felt natural to have a kid, after we had done everything we wanted to do as a couple.

like others have said, i would rather see someone choose not to have kids than have people bring into this world children they don't want.

What a lame ass thread. Nothing more annoying than a couple spouting off about the joys of being a parent, and ripping responsible adults who choose not to. They should be applauded, if, for whatever reason they don't want kids-

A lot of my friends are married and hear about their kids 24/7 - so who is selfish again?..........

Talk about your selfish jackasses. :D

:D Puddy getting his hands dirty. I better grab a second bag of :D for this.

You guys want to hear about my 7 year old's game last night? My 5 year old's TBall game tonight; I'll report back to you guys (Wildcat) later tonight.

You should adopt a black one. Now that would help you understand the meaning of life.

:D

Spain is a Typical Southern Republican who is obessessed with with other people's private lives and private decisions. He is frustrated with the fact that individual liberties still do in fact exist despite the fact they have slowy eroded away under the recent big government right-wing nut sack leech political control. Spain's rant is indicative of the the modern day mantra of the kooky Rebpublitard party and how out of whack they are with mainstream America. You extreme right-wing loonies with your jaded ideals are always a bit scary, but this crap is exactly why you guys only control congress one or two terms every 70 years.

Ah, the high and mighty people who have kids passing judgement on those who choose not to have them. Gotta love it.

So, I gather that it is a requirement for a married couple to have kids? If not a requirement, than it is a choice...or is it a desire? I guess you could say people who want kids for no other reason than wanting them are selfish? Because, they have no prior experience to base this desire from. And believe me, you aren't making the decision to have kids because the population needs the boost.

So, why have kids? Well, I for one would like very much to have kids when I get married because I've heard it is an incredible experience. Does that make me selfish? Well, yes, I think it does. The selfishness of wanting children is just that you are fullfilling a desire. The selfnishness of not wanting children is fullfilling other desires. What makes one better than the other?

Still wondering why Spain had his wife go through major surgery instead of getting a minor procedure done himself. :D

She may have had it done after the 2nd child was born, after she was open for a C-Section, if not and it was separate, I am in agreement, a Vas is nothing compared to the tube thing. I had a Vasectomy a couple of years back. Plus I can't get any chicks pregnant. :D