[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the most annoying commercial on TV is......

BeeR

this topic can almost be pinned because of the never-ending development of new chitty commercials. So I have two new ones to add:

1. The new Gieco ads with the eye balls on a stack of money. If this was trying to be funny, the writer of this needs to be shot.

2. The Volkswagen ad with the old VW "Bug" interviewing people or other cars... definitely makes me want to buy their car...ya.

Edited by millerx

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this topic can almost be pinned because of the never-ending development of new chitty commercials. So I have two new ones to add:

1. The new Gieco ads with the eye balls on a stack of money. If this was trying to be funny, the writer of this needs to be shot.

2. The Volkswagen ad with the old VW "Bug" interviewing people or other cars... definitely makes me want to buy their car...ya.

Nod!!! It makes no sense!

i'm with you on the latest of idiotic Geico commercials, but this one might beat em all for me:

The tire commercial where the car is about to hit the squirrel and all the animals and the horsemouth b**** in the car scream...and scream...and scream...and scream...oh yeah that makes me want to buy your tires.

And if not mentioned before, "sham-wow" w/the inbreed looking guy has to be up there. Although I have to admit the new one he does is actually funny at times for the chopper thing.

lol (don't forget you're already spending what, thousands a month on paper towels so it sells itself)

Anyway we have a new winner: that SB Bridgestone commercial w/the b**** in her car screaming, then some dork walking by a guy's desk...rinse and repeat (over and over and over). wtph?? Obnoxious and bizarro are the kindest words I can think of, and that was even tho I muted it after about 5 seconds and went to the fridge - couldn't believe the exact same thing was still going on when I got back. I think I'll never buy their tires out of pure spite (unless I'm allowed to scream in the face of the people who approved this ad, over and over and...).

:wacko:

Edited by BeeR

lol (don't forget you're already spending what, thousands a month on paper towels so it sells itself)

Anyway we have a new winner: that SB Bridgestone commercial w/the b**** in her car screaming, then some dork walking by a guy's desk...rinse and repeat (over and over and over). wtph?? Obnoxious and bizarro are the kindest words I can think of, and that was even tho I muted it after about 5 seconds and went to the fridge - couldn't believe the exact same thing was still going on when I got back. I think I'll never buy their tires out of pure spite (unless I'm allowed to scream in the face of the people who approved this ad, over and over and...).

:wacko:

That wasn't Bridgestone, that was some job search commercial. Though I agree that it was annoying as hell. Just didn't want you to take it out on Bridgestone.

All those mentioned ARE annoying. But I have a new "most annoying" in my book.

I think the Teleflora 'insulting box of flowers' commercial will bite them in the ass.....hard. Instead of denigrating the guy who actually SENT the flowers for being a cheapass.....they insult the woman receiving the flowers as somehow not being good enough to get the 'good flowers'?? :wacko:

Holy cow......that was harsh! "Look at you.....you're a trainwreck. No one wants to see you naked. Go back to your romance novels and your smelly cat??" OMG.....I don't think I've ever seen MrBunz so speechless. We just looked at each other then said, "Well.....there's your next business casualty of the recession." Even with the game getting tight as he walked out the door for work......he was STILL talking about how assine that commercial was, shaking his head. :D

All those mentioned ARE annoying. But I have a new "most annoying" in my book.

I think the Teleflora 'insulting box of flowers' commercial will bite them in the ass.....hard. Instead of denigrating the guy who actually SENT the flowers for being a cheapass.....they insult the woman receiving the flowers as somehow not being good enough to get the 'good flowers'?? :wacko:

Holy cow......that was harsh! "Look at you.....you're a trainwreck. No one wants to see you naked. Go back to your romance novels and your smelly cat??" OMG.....I don't think I've ever seen MrBunz so speechless. We just looked at each other then said, "Well.....there's your next business casualty of the recession." Even with the game getting tight as he walked out the door for work......he was STILL talking about how assine that commercial was, shaking his head. :D

our group had the same reaction watching this. that commercial ensured that i would never purchase flowers from that company.

• 10 months later...
Casting a vote for the chick nail gunning the corsage onto the guy's jacket. Just plain dumb, and it won't go away.

And when "Do not attempt" appears on the bottom of the screen, I think to myself, surely I'm living in the stupidest nation on Earth.