[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the most annoying commercial on TV is......

BeeR

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BeeR, you got me. Yes, the two 18 year old Italian twins that that live across the street and blast this rap stuff with lyrics like "and she aint afraid to admit she likes d### and gettin her Posly licked..." is clearly now mainstream Americana. I just haven't been able to keep up I guess. Oh, one of those twins was gone for a short time.... seems he hit his friend in the head with a hammer. They made him join the Marines... and 6 weeks later, he was back with a "medical" discharge. I guess I must hate Italians. I didn't know that before.
oh that's np, as it's not racist. Hating anyone of European descent (ie "the man") is in fact all the rage. And it doesn't matter if they try to pretend that they're black (who do they think they're kidding?). It's only if you're hatin on the brothers that you're racist. Got it?

As for the NFL NW, there ARE in fact some great shows on it. They get players on to break down game film plays in terms of X's and O's. They also do some X n O shows by ex-players and coaches. Pretty good stuff. It's not all bad....
Take your word for it - but near as I can tell the bad (or should I say "the suck") far out-weighs the good. I'd give a glance if it came bundled w/cable, but I wouldn't pay even fitty cint extra per month for it.

Anyway back to commercials.....

or a big, tricked out name tag.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that annoying commercial for "Shamwow" The guy that does those commercials is ripe for strangulation as far as I'm concerned! :wacko:

The guy that tells the camera man to pay attention? Yeah I have a lamp cord with his name on it.

I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned that annoying commercial for "Shamwow" The guy that does those commercials is ripe for strangulation as far as I'm concerned! :wacko:

He looks like he already was. Or at least has some serious in-breeding issues.

Anyway good call. I love how we all apparently pay $20/month on paper towels too.

All I can say is...........sham-WOW

Any hatred out there for the commish of the more taste league commericals?

Yes especially considering that the little bit of taste that the beer has is bad. :wacko:

More taste than what? A glass of water?

Edited by Zooty

Has the PDA one with the talking thumbs been mentioned? Annoying even creepy. wth

However there is a new worst-ever and it's not even close...actually there are several that do this I think......use that asinine obnoxious sound like a needle scraping over a record (ie LP - look it up kids). What brain-dead sadistic f*** decided this would make anyone want to listen to it ever again let alone by the product? I want to scrape a needle across their eyes.

Edited by BeeR

any hatred out there for the e-insurance cartoon with the pink-haired b!tch? I cannot STAND that one! How on the F is that gonna make me want to buy insurance? I'm too distracted by how bad it is to even listen to what they are saying.

Redeeming factor - They actually have a commercial where they play Cloud Cult and actually have a web address esurance.com/cloudcult. Cant think of a cooler band to link your product to.

OK, so the new geico commercial with the "somebody's watching me" song at the end has got to rank right up there.

Do you ever watch a State Farm or Geico commercial and wonder how much money they have left over from advertising to actually pay claims? They must have advertising budgets that are enormous.

We had another thread dedicated to that idiot. I think I proposed we resume the carpet bombing of Germany immediately to kill the plant that makes those things.

Do you ever watch a State Farm or Geico commercial and wonder how much money they have left over from advertising to actually pay claims? They must have advertising budgets that are enormous.

A contract with them would be cause for extreme celebration for me. They absolutely hire at Tier 1 Union wage. :drool:

Yet their premiums are still cheaper than everyone else. :wacko:

Jared commercials suck. Verizon commercials with the "Can you hear me know" guy suck. Ridiculous commercials for all the ridiculous new garbage reality shows the networks are coming up with suck. The Mac vs PC commercials make me want to beat someone to death! :D

And while they are not tv commercials, is anyone else sick to death of the all the radio commercials for companies that want to eliminate your debt or protect you from the IRS ruining your life? Seems like every other commercial on the radio now is one of these. They make me absolutely sick with the way they say "its not your fault" (as if people are minding their own business and then are attacked by a rabid swarm of credit cards that force them to go on a spending spree). As far as I am concerned, if you run up a tab on a cc, you should be held accountable for every penny. Why should anyone have any portion of their debt "forgiven" when everyone else has to pay back what they charge? And then there's the "we'll stop the IRS from ruining your life" ads that promise the expertise of people "who used to work for the IRS and know how the IRS works" to save you from the IRS (as if the IRS is some sort of boogeyman that hides in the shadows and jumps unsuspecting folks on their way home from church). Honestly, if the IRS is after you, isnt it because you have basically screwed up and/or owe them money? I mean, while they audit people randomly, I dont think they make a habit of picking on people for the sake of making their life miserable, do they? I just hate the way these commercials try to lure people with the "its not your fault" bit. The truth is, most of what happens to people IS their fault or at least they have made choices that contributed to the situation they end up in. No wonder we have an increasing number of people in our country that have a false sense of entitlement and can never admit anything is actually their fault. Its always someone else's fault and there is always someone else to blame on the way to shortcut out of your problems.

OK, my little rant is done. I am now going to call John Commuda(sp?) to find out how I can be completely debt-free in a couple months with the money I already make :wacko:

Edited by Delicious_bass