[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

American Idol

Menudo

• Replies 675
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen him mention it when specifically asked about it. if you're sick of that angle, blame the show's producers, not the guy himself.

no doubt the producers love the personal interest/tragedy/trying stuff...not hard to find it in years past but Danny's wife did just die and yeah right or wrong they are gonna milk it...at least the dude can sing...he sorta reminds me of a much more mature and complete "Archie" from last year.

My choices tonight:

Guy = Danny Gokey

Girl = Alexis Grace

Other = Anoop Desai

Just missed (maybe back for wildcard): Ricky Braddy, Tatiana Del Toro

The rest weren't very good.

I agree with you on your choices...Gokey= Easily makes top 12 b/c of his story and popularity- Along with a pretty darn good voice....

Alexis Grace= By far the best girl last night...

Anoop Dawg- My choice to make it to the top 2. We all know he didnt make the best choice of songs but I think he has a great voice and stage presence and will get another chance to prove it in the top 12.

So far it looks like the guys are dominating the girls this season....I still dont know who the best girl is yet like i do with the guys...I think Tatiana is annoying and crazy but probably has the best voice out of the girls this year....Its to bad I cant see her getting many votes to stay in the show b/c of her annoyance throughout the show :wacko:

I liked Alexis Grace last night, but honestly, I thought that song was crap. I was a little shocked when they said it was so good.

My wife and I agree with you 100%

We both said, "Great voice, but, the judges will rip the song choice" We were surprised when they all gushed over it.

Agreed on the roughneck over Anoop. I wouldn't doubt that Tatiana Del Drama gets in as a wildcard.

I would like to see her get a job on the show (associate producer maybe?) since she does have a background in the business as a 1stAD. She seemed genuinely devastated and the camera angle showing Simon's reaction while watching her was very intrigueing.

And Alexis Grace is pretty hot.

I would like to see her get a job on the show (associate producer maybe?) since she does have a background in the business as a 1stAD. She seemed genuinely devastated and the camera angle showing Simon's reaction while watching her was very intrigueing.

She is freaky hawt, and has an increible voice as well.

It's a little unfair to the contestants that the producers and editors get to tell a story through the qualifying rounds... I mean, they have to create entertaining television, but it means certain contestants start the voting rounds at a disadvantage... (Tatiana never had a chance, though I would not be surprised at all for the judges to pick her as a wild card). It also means that Gokey is a guarantee for the top 2 or 3 (barring some sort of major meltdown). Seriously, people are going to vote for who they remember and like from previous shows. The performance from last night has less bearing on the voting than it really should (which is why the dude who sang Gavin DeGraw made it - he is likeable, even though the song wasn't that great).

It's a little unfair to the contestants that the producers and editors get to tell a story through the qualifying rounds... I mean, they have to create entertaining television, but it means certain contestants start the voting rounds at a disadvantage... (Tatiana never had a chance, though I would not be surprised at all for the judges to pick her as a wild card). It also means that Gokey is a guarantee for the top 2 or 3 (barring some sort of major meltdown). Seriously, people are going to vote for who they remember and like from previous shows. The performance from last night has less bearing on the voting than it really should (which is why the dude who sang Gavin DeGraw made it - he is likeable, even though the song wasn't that great).

It is true, those three: Roughneck, Gokey and Grace all have compelling stories.

Roughneck -- everyman struggling to make ends meet. not prototypical star material.

Grace -- hot single mother, also struggling for her supercute baby girl

Gokey -- If you don't know it, I'm not telling.

America always loves an underdawg, dude.

I've only seen him mention it when specifically asked about it. if you're sick of that angle, blame the show's producers, not the guy himself.

100% agree. Gokey isn't milking anything... The show has brought it up through flashbacks or Seacrest. The only real time Gokey has brought it up was in the first episode he was in (part of his back story) and when someone else brings it up.

It would be more annoying if he was a chitty singer, but he actually has one of the best voices in the show. Still, this is another example of how reality TV is nothing more than the reality that the shows producers want you to see... It I were one of the no-name contestants, it would tick me off that the producers are favoring certain contestants with how they are portrayed.

That Tatiana bitch is off her freakin' rocker. I bet she's crazy in the sack. :wacko:

:D Did you hear the sound clip of her - I think it was in Hollywood week - where she said something to the effect of: "this is for all the guys I had to sleep with to get here". :D

It was a piss poor production of a TV show overall.

Totally agree. There were a couple instances where they switched to a camera that was filming... the ground. Then there was that whole "oops we queued up the wrong video" BS. :D

Um, BRB.

OK, back. You spin me right round baby right round.... hmm... BRB again.

:D

I have not watched too much of Idol this year but my mother, sister and godmother are over watching with my wife and I'm catching a bit of it tonight. What the hell happened to this show?!? and What the hell is wrong with the contestant Nick Mitchell?!? He has to be one of the worst I've ever seen on the show who's made it this far, just from seeing tonight's performance.

I am going to cast my first ever Idol vote and it is going for Nick the nut. :D I would not mind watching that sort of nut show a few more times this season. :D

:wacko: Well, you definitely have a point there, he is nuts! He's surely more about watching for the crazy things he does versus his singing talent. And after all isn't this what Idol is all about- "A singing Come-petition." :D