[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The "Official" American Idol Thread

Chief Dick

Still not getting all the love for the chick that thinks she's Carrie Underwood: She's got a decent voice, but will lose the male vote if she continues to wear skin-tight pants wrapped around that hugh caboose. She's a wannabe, looked very uncomfortable on stage when interviewed, and will be exposed as just "good" at some point...not great.

The best part of the show is watching people like this evolve into more confident performers week after week. I have a feeling we are going to see some showstoppers coming from unexpected contestants. Those wow moments are the only reason I watch.

I agree about this girl's ass though, and she had a long time to shed pounds before the live shows began. She clearly doesn't want it badly enough.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice work menudo.

i think they got the top 13 right. i was amazed at that stefano dude's performance. he flat out nailed it.

my 15 year old calls the exotic flower chick darth maul. pretty funny. i like her.

the lauren chick is just good. yes, the caboose is big, but with some work, maybe she can use it to her advantage like kim k or j lo. i like her too.

i see a durbin/lauren final with lauren taking it. durbin will get a gig as the new singer for an established rock band.

very much liking the potential of this season now that they have cut some serious dead weight.

That Jacob Lusk dude might have an amazing voice but I couldn't care less if I never heard him sing again...

Fixed, and agree.

Oh... and Paul McDonald needs to un-quirk himself a bit if he thinks he's gettin' anywhere in this contest. James and Casey were solid. Naima or whatever her name is is really the only chick I like hearing sing. I just prefer male voices in music, I guess. :wacko:

Edited by darin3

Fixed, and agree.

Oh... and Paul McDonald needs to un-quirk himself a bit if he thinks he's gettin' anywhere in this contest. James and Casey were solid. Naima or whatever her name is is really the only chick I like hearing sing. I just prefer male voices in music, I guess. :wacko:

Naima (sp?) has kinda got that "I'd hit it / voodoo witch doctor" thing going on about her.

Naima (sp?) has kinda got that "I'd hit it / voodoo witch doctor" thing going on about her.

Yep. The type that you wouldn't necessarily go out of your way for, but afterwards, wow, that was pretty damn good. She reminds me a lot of Vietnamese food.

They gotta reign Jacob Lusk back in. He went too far out there last night and it wasn't what the judges made it out to be. I still think he's got a shot, but not for long with performances like that.

Casey was rock solid as usual. Lauren and Pia were above the pack.

I really liked James Durbin and Naima Adedapo for the first time.

Thia had the sweetest 30 seconds in that opening, but the rest of the song was meh.

I thought Paul McDonald blew chunks and Ashton is all style and no substance.

I am a big fan of james, casey, and jacob. those 3 are head-and-shoulders-above for me.

scotty is going to sell a lot of country records. he is a bankable commodity now. he won't win, but he'll make the top 5 or so, and use that as a laucnhing pad.

I was pretty into naima's thing, even though I think that producer tried to slick it up too much, making it more of a single than an AI performance. so I'm a little worried about her going home this week. I don't want to see that because I think she's definitely the best girl singer in it.

lauren was meh, but I think she's meh every week. pia gave a good performance for her. she can sing pretty well, and looks good. the problem for me is her voice just isn't that distinctive, and she is technically good but it just sounds a little forced and mechanical. haley, to me, sounded the best she ever has. she too always sounds technically pretty good, but her problem is she always tries to put too many cute growls and bends and dips in her singing. it often just sounds cliche and overdone, but last night she sang something where all of that cute stuff was part of the song, and as a result she killed it IMO.

thia I actually liked quite a bit for the second week in a row. she is my second favorite girl at this point.

karen sucked the most. but I'd be fine seeing stefano, lauren or ashton go home as well based on last night.

between james, casey and scotty, it's going to be tough for any of the women to make it to the end.

i like lauren but she mailed it in last night. she's had two weeks now of smiling poppy sap, so she's going to need to connect on some kind of an emotional level soon.

with the exception of jacob, one cool thing about this season is that all the singers are so likable. in the past, there were only about 3-4 that i wanted to see sing while i endured the rest. this season i pretty much enjoy them all. very strong talent pool.

i thought those producers would help reign jacob in a bit. if they can get him focused and get his runs and blabbering under control, he could be a powerful artist. as it is, he's nails on a chalkboard.

The right person got sent home tonight...

I have to ask if anyone else thought that diddy song sounded like an old song...I know it sounded very familiar to me but i can't figure out what song he "stole" the hook or the melody (not that there was much) or something from...anyone have any ideas what song it seems to have in it?

My wife turned it on for the last three minutes. First time I have seen any of it all season.

My thoughts are:

The Pia chick is attractive.

There is a chick that looks like a poor man's Carrie Underwood.

The one guy with the guitar who looks like Seth Rogan is terrible.

There is one guy that looks like Afred E. Newman from Mad magazine.

My wife turned it on for the last three minutes. First time I have seen any of it all season.

My thoughts are:

The Pia chick is attractive.

There is a chick that looks like a poor man's Carrie Underwood.

The one guy with the guitar who looks like Seth Rogan is terrible.

There is one guy that looks like Afred E. Newman from Mad magazine.

Props for the call on the Aflred E. Newman.

tonight sucked for the most part....bottom 3? Wack A Mole (Karen), Haley and Paul

agree that it sucked for the most part, and I agree with karen and haley being on the bottom. I thought paul was pretty good though. scotty was very good. I actually like jacob a lot no matter what he sings. lauren was better than she has been. pia was pretty good, but I'm still not a huge fan. thia was weak, she's been one of my favorite girls but she could go home this week. same with naima. I'm not a stefano fan, but he was good tonight. casey singing nirvana -- you know, you can try and be edgy and artsy on american idol to a point, but come on, bottom line is idol is as commercial as music gets -- to me it was just stoopid. just sing, bro, stop thinking you're some sort of artiste.

It was not good tonight. First problem, they had to sing songs from the year of their birth, and late 80's/early 90's pop music is a wasteland of crap. The best performance was Stefano, that's how bad it was. I don't think even Casey was very good. On the plus side, Lauren's big ass looked fantastic in those jeans. She proved it's all about packaging. I believe she also sang a number like the others, and afterward there was some discussion. They didn't mention her ass, so I missed what they were saying. Steven Tyler looked at her like she was a spiral ham and he's at the buffet with a plate.

Thia goes home.