[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF- payouts this year and next season?

Zooty

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few hours later, Dustin replied:

Scott -

Respectfully, the World Championship of Fantasy Football will not be responding to demands from any association. It has, and will continue to, respond in a manner as deemed appropriate by company counsel to the players who are currently awaiting the awards process to resume as we work through a transaction involving ownership of the World Championship of Fantasy Sports.

Best Regards,

Dustin's Lawyer

http://www.wcofs.com[/color]

Fixed

All I know is that Dustin is from STL. I'd hate to run into him after a few cocktails in my system.

Edited by twiley

Now the question seems to be whether someone get sent to pound-you-in-the-ass prison for a substantial time. That's a buttload of money that they've bilked people out of.

BB, for some odd reason, this description made me laugh so f*cking hard, literally spit a little sausage pizza out onto my keyboard.

BB, for some odd reason, this description made me laugh so f*cking hard, literally spit a little sausage pizza out onto my keyboard.

Ditto...also not sure if BB use of the word "buttload" was an intentional pun or not but(t) it made me laugh too.

Heard you on Red vs. Blue this past Friday Mark...still love your Confessions book...I am not a reader at all but I could not put your book down - even bought an extra copy for a local leaguemate.

KO'd

Ditto...also not sure if BB use of the word "buttload" was an intentional pun or not but(t) it made me laugh too.

Heard you on Red vs. Blue this past Friday Mark...still love your Confessions book...I am not a reader at all but I could not put your book down - even bought an extra copy for a local leaguemate.

KO'd

Thanks, KO...appreciate the 2 copy purchase. Yeah, that was a fun podcast. Though I reached that point where I was like, "Man, even I'm noticing that I'm not letting them get in a word edgewise"...normally, it's the hosts who wont shut the f*ck up and the guest who has to fight for airtime.

• 1 month later...

Aug/11

Is the WCOFF Broke?.1 Comment · Posted by FPA - Scott in Fantasy News

.This evening, the WCOFF announced draft slots for their 2011 event. This would normally be an enjoyable experience for us all, however this year, many players still await their 2010 prize payment, so it just adds to the complete strangeness at the WCOFF as to what is really going on. The team counts for those signed up to play for 2011 are as follows: 110 for Saturday’s event and 71 for Friday. That’s a far cry from previous year participation and rightfully so without paying their 2011 prizes owed. As for unique players, we counted a mere 130 players signed up for a WCOFF event. Players are advised to use extreme caution before entering this contest until further details about payment are made clear.

The FPA went on record earlier this summer to state we could not possibly support any contest which had outstanding player balances owed and we wholeheartedly continue to stand by that position. It’s also important to note that just last week it had appeared a deal was done, which would have seen industry veteran Ian Ritchie and original WCOFF co-founder Emil Kadlec in charge but with major acquisitions of this size, the devil was in the details and that particular deal is now off the table. Now it seems the saga continues as we wait for a new transfer of ownership to take place. What we’re about to share with you is a very unfortunate turn of events.

The WCOFF’s principal front-man Dustin Ashby emailed “some” of their players this evening with a list of options available to them.

Here is the email below:

To summarize the options presented to players who have requested their award:

1. Loan the business a portion, or all, of your balance requested. You will earn 8.5% interest annually and agree to a 24 month term. You will receive equity in the company, equal to 10% of the balance of your original loan amount. Principal to be paid down from a pool funded by 5% of the company’s revenue. (5% of the company’s annual revenue beginning in 2012 will go to fund a pool used to pay down principal owed).

2. Apply money you have on account to a 2011 contest. For every dollar converted to a 2011 entry you will receive a 10% rebate. (For example, if you apply $2,000 towards a 2011 contest, you will receive an additional $200 on your Member Account which you can use for a future entry fee.

3. Elect to receive 25% of your award balance owed in the form of a cash payment with the remainder deferred and paid back pro-rata from a pool funded by 5% of the company’s revenue. (5% of the company’s annual revenue beginning in 2012 will go to fund a pool used to pay down principal owed).

This so-called “option list” shines a very negative light on the real possibility that WCOFF does not have the necessary funds to make players whole. Many “reasons” were shared with players by Mr. Ashby by phone earlier this Spring; first that it was “an accounting snafu”, then billed as “transaction delays”, but now it obviously makes one wonder if there’s any money at all to pay the players what they’re owed.

It’s also important to note that Satellite leagues hosted by RTSports were up and running as of yesterday (accepting signups for individual leagues) however today those pages are down.

WCOFF”s backend software provider is RTSports. Their president, Mark Hanna expressed to our office they did not have a contract as of yet for 2011. Their role in the industry is an important one as true leaders in the industry so it will be interesting to say the least, to see what course of action if any RTSports decides. Will RTSports accept WCOFF leagues even though prize winners are still unpaid?

As many are aware, the FPA has been busy assembling a list of players still owed 2010 prize money and that list is already in excess of over $600,000 due. This is a sad state of affairs for anyone passionate about this hobby that enjoys over 34 million fantasy players world wide.

If you haven’t already, please submit your request to info@fantasyplayersassociation.com to be added to our growing player list of players owed. Your privacy is important and will only use the list to forward you any information we receive on plans being assembled by the fantasy community.

Edited by BillyBalata

Don't know what the link is about, it wasn't a link in the post i copied that from another board. i deleted that.

The post is from Scott from Fantasy Players Association, not Wcoff.

Edited by BillyBalata

Now me, personally, I did not win any money this year. However, back in January i put my $200 deposit down for this coming year. I was just in my account on the wcoff site, and there does not seem to be a record of my deposit anymore. :wacko:

I did get an email from them back then confirming my deposit and i was registered. I just replied to that email this evening asking if i could get a refund...

Now me, personally, I did not win any money this year. However, back in January i put my $200 deposit down for this coming year. I was just in my account on the wcoff site, and there does not seem to be a record of my deposit anymore. :wacko:

I did get an email from them back then confirming my deposit and i was registered. I just replied to that email this evening asking if i could get a refund...

If you paid with a CC you could try to dispute the charge.

Does anyone else wonder... are they really thinking they can hold a live draft in vegas now and someone owed money won't...um...come looking for them? :wacko:

they'll just send msaint out to appease the crowd and convince them to put down their torches

Does anyone else wonder... are they really thinking they can hold a live draft in vegas now and someone owed money won't...um...come looking for them? :wacko:

If I wasn't drafting at the FFPC I'd be sitting outside the MGM ballroom with a big bag of popcorn to witness that fiasco of a draft. I can't believe that draft will go off. Only 181 early draft positions split up between 2 draft days and times when normally I bet they have double or triple that amount by now...no one who isn't rolling over money into that contest from their 2010 winnings will sign up..unless of course they have no clue what is happening...but even then I think they won't be able to sign up as their stats provider has no contract with the WCoFF for this year...no backend league software = no league = no way to collect further league signups.

I think it'll be a huge draft room with like 12 tables set up in it if they actually hold the draft....how sad.

Hope all get paid from 2010 plus they ran a 2011 baseball contest too and there is no money to pay that either and that is not part of the $600k figure folks are owed....that will bump it up a couple hundred thousand...shameful.

KO'd

August 17, 2011

An Open Letter to WCOFF Fans and Players

To those members who have participated in the World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF) and World Championship of Fantasy Baseball (WCOFB) high-stakes contests the past few seasons:

As you probably already know, RealTime Fantasy Sports Inc. has powered WCOFF for the past 4 football seasons (2007-2010) and WCOFB since its inception in 2010. As usual, we began negotiations on a new contract with GridIron Fantasy Sports (which owns WCOFF and WCOFB) to power WCOFF for 2011 promptly after the 2010 football season ended (RTSports is currently under contract to run WCOFB until the end of this baseball year.) While in the process of renegotiating the contract, we understood that GridIron was recapitalizing its business to address payout issues for the 2010 season. Because we have not learned that those issues were addressed, we have been unable to reach closure of the renegotiation of our contract with GridIron and those negotiations have been suspended. For that reason, we also suspended the online satellite sign-ups at that time. (We have no control over the Main Event or other sign-ups because those were conducted by GridIron, not us.)

Finally, on last Friday evening, August 12th, we received an e-mail from GridIron claiming that "the WCOFF restructuring had been completed and an announcement would be made on Monday." GridIron requested we re-open registration to their online satellite leagues, in their words, "so we can roll these leagues out to our diehards who we will be communicating to on the Message Boards prior to our formal announcement on Monday. We want to give our diehards a feeling of 'knowing before anyone else' as a way to thank them for their patience." We decided to re-open registration only on two very specific conditions: 1) They made a public announcement, as promised, to their customers on every possible message board explaining the company restructure and how their indebted customers will be compensated and 2) they delivered a fully-signed copy of the restructure agreement to us so that we can be sure the announcement was legitimate. Failure to do both by then end of the business day on Monday, August 15th would result in registration being closed for good and all negotiations regarding any future contracts between RealTime Fantasy Sports, Inc. and GridIron would cease. Again, as I am sure you already know, no formal announcement was made and no fully-signed agreement was delivered to us. On Tuesday morning, August 16th, we formally notified GridIron that we would no longer pursue any contracts with them.

Let me make a few important points:

We have had a great relationship with the GridIron folks. I consider Dustin, Jesse and Jill to be very good people. Trust me when I state that our decision to end our relationship with GridIron was not an easy one. It is my sincerest hope that GridIron can right their ship and continue running a successful business in the future.

We have no other relationship with GridIron except that we power their games. There is no partnership, we are not owned in any way by them (nor are they owned by us), there are no shares of stock involved, etc. Although our offices are both located in the same city, there is no commonality of our businesses whatsoever. RealTime Fantasy Sports, Inc. has no connection with the operation of the games.

We do not know the details behind the negotiations between GridIron and their perspective buyers. In fact, I am certain there are others in this industry that know more than we do. Maybe they were, indeed, very close to a deal several times. Maybe not. If you have any questions you will have to direct them to the GridIron folks, not us.

Above everything else, we value our relationship with the customer the most.

To our customers: We do not run any contests with the payouts as large as WCOFF or the other high-stakes companies, but be assured that all our prize money is immediately kept aside and not touched. In the future we will consider using an escrow account of some kind as additional reassurance to our pay-to-play customers. I strongly suggest all other companies with pay-to-play contests do the same.

Finally, let me make one more important point: If you are someone who is happy to be witnessing these developments with WCOFF and WCOFB because you believe it will somehow help you in the long run, then you are not seeing the big picture. Everyone is hurt by these developments, as well as what happened with RapidDraft, SportsBuff, AFFL and other pay-to-play sites that have gone out of business. Of course the people who will never get paid are damaged, but so are other legitimate companies who run pay-to-play games as they will come under much more scrutiny. Those customers who like to partake in high-stakes contests will become more hesitant to sign up for those games. Fantasy software companies (like ours) will become more hesitant to power high-stake games, not because they are afraid of legal action, but because they do not want the stigma of being associated with companies that do not pay their winners as promised. There are no winners.

Lastly, a little perspective is in order. We can understand the frustration anyone would have if they were not paid their prize money as promised, but before you wish too much ill will on Dustin, you should know that he has been diagnosed with stage 4 melanoma and is currently undergoing extensive treatment to fight the disease. Please keep him in your prayers.

Thanks,

Mark Hanna

President and CEO

RealTime Fantasy Sports Inc.

Message boards at the WCoFF are essentially dark now. No new replies or posts being allowed. I posted something yesterday in reply to someone asking about an alternate contest (FFPC) and that question was later deleted as was my reply. I subsequently replied to their deleting the question and my response and was banned from their boards for a year. :wacko:

Next they began making FFPC appear as though it was a curse word and began making it appear as #### but the only other competing hsff contest still standing the NFFC had no such censoring...also made the name Jesse into a curse word and started ##### that for his name (Jesse Herron was a partner of Dustin Ashby in the WCoFF). It would be funny if it wasn't so damn sad. Super bad for all owed money and now like I said the boards are dead and with no backend service stats provider it is officially over although you'll likely not hear that from Dustin or anything else for that matter.

KO'd

I've always used mock draft central ADPs to help prepare for WCOFF. Their "WCOFF" ADP database was a great tool in past years. The sample size of "WCOFF" mock drafts is very low this year compared to previous.

I logged into mock draft central today and they no longer have a "WCOFF" mock draft database. It's apparently been replaced with a "Classic High Stakes League" database.

they'll just send msaint out to appease the crowd and convince them to put down their torches

Riiiight. And that's why I'm playing in the FFPC this year, Wiegie. Well played, though . . .