[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Le'Veon Bell = Lis Franc - ish

DMD

Are you saying the Steelers didn't do thier homework? Or just that you are a better judge of talent than the Steelers scouts...

I'm saying I know what I saw with Bell playing in the Big 10. Against average Ds or better he was an average RB at best. That was consistent throughout his career. And Mich St had a very good run blocking O-line.

PIT wouldn't be the first team to fall in love with a guy based on his combine workout. But PIT isn't going to open large running lanes for Bell, and based upon watching Bell quite a bit under those circumstances he's going to struggle at the pro level.

No, I'm not a pro scout, but NFL scouting departments are hardly infallible in case you haven't noticed. Yes, I think they dropped the ball on Bell. And if they are right and I'm wrong, I'll be right here to say so. Let's see what Bell does in that O - if he can stay healthy enough to get on the field that is.

I'm saying I know what I saw with Bell playing in the Big 10. Against average Ds or better he was an average RB at best. That was consistent throughout his career. And Mich St had a very good run blocking O-line.

PIT wouldn't be the first team to fall in love with a guy based on his combine workout. But PIT isn't going to open large running lanes for Bell, and based upon watching Bell quite a bit under those circumstances he's going to struggle at the pro level.

No, I'm not a pro scout, but NFL scouting departments are hardly infallible in case you haven't noticed. Yes, I think they dropped the ball on Bell. And if they are right and I'm wrong, I'll be right here to say so. Let's see what Bell does in that O - if he can stay healthy enough to get on the field that is.

Fair enough...

could be that I am just regretting my first round pick...

Per Rotoworld:

Le'Veon Bell (foot) told reporters Monday he's aiming for a Week 2 return.

"I'm going to try to be back for Week 2, but I'm not making promises," were Bell's words. We'll take it. Initial fears had Bell out until October at the soonest, but there's now optimism he'll return at some point in September. Despite one report from the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Isaac Redman is currently practicing as the Steelers' starting tailback -- not Felix Jones. Bell is worth rostering in all fantasy leagues as a bench stash. Sep 2 - 1:52 PM

Source: Jim Wexell on Twitter

I will be shocked if Bell plays week 2, but as a Bell owner, this does inspire some optimism.

Edited by BA Baracus

I could see him missing the first 4-5 games easily.

But let's say he really does have a chance for week 2. Pittsburgh has the MNF game in Week 2 - that's always a nightmare from the perspective of managing an injured player's role on your starting roster.

Was just coming here to post this as well.

Per Rotoworld:

A source tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the Steelers are now hoping to get Le'Veon Bell (foot) back in about a month.

So much for optimism that Bell could be back as soon as Week 2. Per the Tribune-Review, Bell has a "rare" mid-foot sprain that's being classified as a Lisfranc injury. It's the kind of ailment that only gets better with rest and sometimes ends in up needing surgery (see Maurice Jones-Drew and Santonio Holmes). We wouldn't expect to see Bell anytime before Week 6 and even that may be optimistic. The Steelers will start Isaac Redman again on Sunday. Jonathan Dwyer will mix in and Felix Jones may get a few change-of-pace snaps.

I have to say, it really is a bunch of BS that the teams are allowed to basically lie in their injury reports. If the guy is out for 6 weeks and they listed him as questionable in week 2, there should be fines handed out. At best, NFL injury reporting is a joke, at worst it's absolutely no barrier to gambling line fixing.