darin3

Does Philly sit studs/regulars if Dallas wins?

Is Bryce Brown the backup to McCoy or is Polk?? I have McCoy and Brown, so I may be tempted to start brown if the situation warrants. Any chance Polk gets more touches on the event McCoy doesn't play?

IMO, if McCoy were go down, Brown would gets more touches (than Polk). I have a hard time believing the Eagles will play anyone except Shady (except for a few plays obviously) unless he gets hurt Edited by HowboutthemCowboys

I cant see theoretically how either team would have nothing to play for considering seeding is so close and important when it comes to the first and second rounds. The situation that occured a few years back with the Jets and Bengals sitting guys in a week 16 game was much different since they were both locked into their respective slots.

The difference between the third (facing NO/Car winner or fourth seeds (heading to Seattle) is EXTREMELY significant. While I can see the reasoning for taking it easy for certain guys (ie McCoy and Forre, I honestly cant envision a situation where they wouldnt go at least a significant portion of tomorrow nites game

The winner of the game has inside track to the #3 seed just win week 17 and they get it and avoid Settle...I would play for that.

Personally, I believe Chip Kelly. Only way starters are pulled early in some form is if the score is out of hand one way or another. And that probably wouldn't be until mid-4th at the earliest.

Just my :2cents:

The weather in Philly is going to give the Eagles more reasons to bench players tonight with a Dallas win earlier in the day.

At the half,

Giants 13

Lions 3

:what:

so since dallas won, foles is good to go tonight? all 4 quarters?

Edited by brg88tx

doesn't matter what Philly does tonight, they have to win next wk no matter what

They need to win next week, but if they do then this game can impact seeding.

Doesn't Chicago need to win this?

for a better seed, but need next week more

Doesn't Chicago need to win this?

No, win or lose they are playing for division title next week.

I bet both of these teams sit a bunch of players in the 3rd.

No, win or lose they are playing for division title next week.

GB and DET lost. CHI win tonight clinches, right?

yes

Yes, my bad.

I think I'm gonna hurl. Up 7.5 points, he has Foles and Forte....tick tock tick tock, please game end now....sit them both!

I think I'm gonna hurl. Up 7.5 points, he has Foles and Forte....tick tock tick tock, please game end now....sit them both!

sat em to late for me. lost by 2 going against files, mccoy, djax and forte.

"Kelly: No matter what, Eagles won't rest starters"

Chip is a man of his word

NFL screwed us by flexing this game to Sunday night and it was stupid you had New England at Baltimore I am pretty sure that been a fantastic game for Sunday night and it would not have screwed us in week 16.

Well the team that had nothing to play for kicked ass on the team that could win their division with a win, so none of that mattered. (No idea if any players sat out, I turned it off at 21-0.)

As far as the originally scheculed NE-BAL game, that was a blowout as well, and would not have been any better for SNF or made the CHI-PHI game better if played Sunday afternoon.

As far as the flex decision itself, my understanding from the NFL press releases is that it was done to better balance Fox (NFC) and CBS (AFC) games taken for SNF (or maybe primetime in general). They switched two games which were about the same to allow them to take a game for week 17 SNF from either CBS or Fox (if they stuck with NE-BAL on SNF this week they could not take a CBS game week 17). Again that would not have mattered, since PHI-DAL for the NFC East was going to be taken no matter what other options were available.