[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Antonio Brown has frostbitten feet

Wolverines Fan

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

What a child

It appears Antonio Brown has unfollowed both the Raiders and Derek Carr on Instagram. Welcome to 2019.

Sheesh, I wonder what the heck Carr did to get on AB's bad side.

You're right, AB is a man child.

1 minute ago, Gourdeau said:

I've seen all that and posted most of that. I'm wondering about a source that is saying that they are trying to void his contract. I haven't seen that yet. Just that they have that option legally. 

I wasn't trying to get involved, it was just reported earlier today that the Raiders were toying with the idea of looking to void the original $30M in guaranteed money.  That doesn't say that they would release him, but I can't imagine they'd keep him if they went that route.  

Either way, (selfishly) it makes no difference to me.  I have no stock in any Raider on any my fantasy teams.  .  

15 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

I've seen all that and posted most of that. I'm wondering about a source that is saying that they are trying to void his contract. I haven't seen that yet. Just that they have that option legally. 

“Technically” there has been no report I’ve seen that states the Raiders ownership is looking into the idea. I see your point. 

I haven't read a lot of the recent responses, but if he took a swing at Mayock, I'd imagine that's the last snap of football he's going to play.  I would not trade anything for this guy personally.  Sounds like he's in the throes of some mental health crisis.  Even if he does somewhat straighten out, I don't know why he would since he's been this way for over a year, he's 31 and getting worse.   There's no reason to take a chance on this guy anymore and risk blowing up your team.

And if he did take a swing at Mayock,that's great news for the Raiders because they can cut him with no additional $$, and end this situation sooner rather than later.  

Edited by purplemonster

23 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

And if he did take a swing at Mayock,that's great news for the Raiders because they can cut him with no additional $$, and end this situation sooner rather than later.  

The only positive out of a crazy situation.  They will end up losing a 3rd round pick for nothing.

Too bad that did not keep Ross.

I'm listening to the herd podcast from yesterday tight now. Colin Cowherd who is about the shock factor no doubt and is not always well liked. In this case he's talking on the fly because the news had just broken and Greg Jennings was on as a guest. He said that when all the helmet stuff started he had spoken to one of his great friends and ex nfl player who works at espn and has close ties to Mike Tomlin ( I believe source is Ryan Clark) source called Tomlin when the helmet stuff began. Tomlin apparently revealed that the football world has absolutely no idea how much stuff the Steelers covered up and kept quiet. For a number of years AB created an absolute circus. 

Pretty good source here 

Speaking on NFL Network Thursday night, David Carr said Raiders captains told coach Jon Gruden they're "fine" with whatever the organization decides in regards to Antonio Brown.

Carr (older brother of current Raiders starting quarterback Derek Carr) admitted AB is liked by his teammates, who have consistently "gone to bat for him" throughout his turbulent summer, but they may have reached a breaking point with his latest meltdown, which culminated in Brown threatening GM Mike Mayock. "They would love to have him back," explained Carr, echoing the sentiment expressed by Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus Thursday night. "But there's a culture they're trying to establish in Oakland and they're trying to do things the right way. And there's one guy that's kind of holding them up right now." Though the Raiders haven't officially announced Brown's suspension, Carr was adamant the disgruntled receiver would not be on hand for Monday night's opener against Denver. Brown burned every bridge on his way out of Pittsburgh this offseason and now seems poised to do the same in Oakland.

Sep 6, 2019, 8:50 AM ET

17 minutes ago, Gourdeau said:

Pretty good source here 

Speaking on NFL Network Thursday night, David Carr said Raiders captains told coach Jon Gruden they're "fine" with whatever the organization decides in regards to Antonio Brown.

Carr (older brother of current Raiders starting quarterback Derek Carr) admitted AB is liked by his teammates, who have consistently "gone to bat for him" throughout his turbulent summer, but they may have reached a breaking point with his latest meltdown, which culminated in Brown threatening GM Mike Mayock. "They would love to have him back," explained Carr, echoing the sentiment expressed by Brown's agent Drew Rosenhaus Thursday night. "But there's a culture they're trying to establish in Oakland and they're trying to do things the right way. And there's one guy that's kind of holding them up right now." Though the Raiders haven't officially announced Brown's suspension, Carr was adamant the disgruntled receiver would not be on hand for Monday night's opener against Denver. Brown burned every bridge on his way out of Pittsburgh this offseason and now seems poised to do the same in Oakland.

Sep 6, 2019, 8:50 AM ET

It reads between the lines that AB will be suspended.

I'm wondering if they are trying to decide to pull back the guarantees.  Maybe trying to work something out with Agent Drew.  Doubtful they will sign anything to pull back guarantees if there is future incidents.

Big mess.  Hopefully AB agrees to just shut up and play.