[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears to talk with Jeff George

Big Score 1

November 27, 2004

By Brad Biggs Staff Reporter

"With Krenzel down, the Bears are expected to gauge interest from Jeff George, who could be added with a roster spot created Friday, when left guard Ruben Brown was placed on injured reserve with a neck injury. Hutchinson will be the fourth starter this season, and George could be the fifth option as general manager Jerry Angelo realizes he must exhaust all possibilities after Thursday's embarrassment."

Chigago Sun Times

I wonder why Angelo waited so long? :D

November 27, 2004

By Brad Biggs Staff Reporter 

"With Krenzel down, the Bears are expected to gauge interest from Jeff George, who could be added with a roster spot created Friday, when left guard Ruben Brown was placed on injured reserve with a neck injury. Hutchinson will be the fourth starter this season, and George could be the fifth option as general manager Jerry Angelo realizes he must exhaust all possibilities after Thursday's embarrassment."

Chigago Sun Times

I wonder why Angelo waited so long? :D

576979[/snapback]

Two words: Jeff. George.

Yeah he is an a.s.s. but considering the following four words: Craig. Krenzel. Jonathon. Quinn. could he be any worse? :D

577015[/snapback]

No, he couldn't, but what's wrong with at least giving Hutchinson a shot? He must be truly dire if they think he can't replace either of the two idiots above him in the depth chart.

Jeez, this is so embarrassing I think I'll forgo wearing anything that gives me away as a Bears fan. Pass the grocery bag.....

No, he couldn't, but what's wrong with at least giving Hutchinson a shot?  He must be truly dire if they think he can't replace either of the two idiots above him in the depth chart.

Jeez, this is so embarrassing I think I'll forgo wearing anything that gives me away as a Bears fan.  Pass the grocery bag.....

577017[/snapback]

George is no prize, but 2 QB's ain't gonna make it. I think they get George and give the Hutcher the start in the next game.

I've been a Bear Fan for 40+ years. Alot of embarrassing years. Hard to say this is the worst, but it's right up there.

WHY CAN'T THE BEARS GET A DECENT QB?????????? :D:D

No, he couldn't, but what's wrong with at least giving Hutchinson a shot?

577017[/snapback]

According to the article, Hutch will get a shot and the next start. But if he falls on his arse, they don't want to have to go back to either Krenzel or Quinn.

According to the article, Hutch will get a shot and the next start. But if he falls on his arse, they don't want to have to go back to either Krenzel or Quinn.

577025[/snapback]

The Bears have started at least three different QBs every season for the last six seasons, I believe, some of the changes due to injury. This will make four QBs this year, and if George plays, it will be five. Anybody know what the NFL record is, or do we already have it?

FWIW, I think it's worth keeping Krenzel on the squad, since he is a rookie. There might be something worthwhile there, but he should be third string at best.

As for Quinn, if I was him, I'd be scanning monster.com.

Im surprised they waited this long too. They couldve had Tim Couch for crying out loud but they went with Quinn and Krenzel stupidly. Any veteran QB is better than these no name homo's. I dont see any chance of Chicago winning any more games this year unless they really start considering other QBs. Thomas Jones is the only "quality" player they have and even he cant deliver anymore like he did in the beginning of the season. I really was bankingon him to bring me to the playoffs and possibly championship this year but I really cant bank on him to do so anymore. My options right now are thin and im sure alot of TJ owners feel the same as I do.

Isn't Couch still available? :D

Plus i heard Cade McNown is available. B)

577100[/snapback]

There supposedly is something wrong with Couch's arm. Earlier in the year when Couch was in camp with Green Bay, I read where scouts said that he can't get the ball downfield anymore and it's gotten in his head where he looks like a deer in headlights. They went so far as to say they thought he was done. I thought they might have been exaggerating, but since he couldn't catch on in Green Bay as a backup even when Pederson went on IR, or when Grossman went IR with the Bears, there must be some truth to that. :D

There supposedly is something wrong with Couch's arm.  Earlier in the year when Couch was in camp with Green Bay, I read where scouts said that he can't get the ball downfield anymore and it's gotten in his head where he looks like a deer in headlights.  They went so far as to say they thought he was done.  I thought they might have been exaggerating, but since he couldn't catch on in Green Bay as a backup even when Pederson went on IR, or when Grossman went IR with the Bears, there must be some truth to that.   :D

577109[/snapback]

They decided they didn't want Couch and chose to go with Krenzel and Quinn. Couch's arm must really be messed up!

Edited by Wolverines Fan

They decided they didn't want Couch and chose to go with Krenzel and Quinn.  Couch's arm must really be messed up!

577124[/snapback]

Excellent point. I tried to find the complete article but could not, but was able to find this quote on CBS, from when he was in camp with Green Bay right before they cut him (they also ate his signing bonus, I think around $600,000 when they cut him so apparently he did look really bad):

According to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, a scout said Tim Couch has little hope for the future. "(Expletive), just pathetic," the scout said. "His arm really looks weak. He's not throwing a tight ball at all. Doesn't have any scrambling ability. He looks like a beat dog. He's in shock, dismay. I don't see any hope."
Edited by Skrappy1

If I remember correctly Couch has something wrong with his elbow. He was rumored to be coming to the Colts for a work-out. However, he was contemplating surgery at one point. He probably just decided to take the year off, and see if he can get on a camp roster next year healthy.

Edited by CaptainHook

George will help and the difference now is that George wants to play. I will still never forget when he played for the Vikings and fumbled the ball and then just stood there looking at it........there is no excuse for his past attitude but the guy can throw. I used him two different years (along with Barry Sanders) to win my league so I have a soft place in my wallet for him. It just works for me if he ends up playing on my favorite team too. I am going to go pick him up now, just in case!

You have to ask this question? :D  :D

577547[/snapback]

Sigh ... In Kordell's pro bowl year, when he was used correctly by the offensive coordinator and before he decided he wanted to prove he could be a traditional QB as opposed to a versatile weapon ... One of the great wastes of potential ...