[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I suck at fantasy football

steeler

I'm not gonna review all the mistakes I've made, but this one is really pissing me off this afternoon.

I started A. Brooks who right now has 2 yards passing and 7 yards rushing for a whoping .8 points instead of B. Volek who had 20 points so far.

And I don't waste my time being pissed about starting the wrong guy if I didn't even consider starting a player who produces on my bench... that's dumb. But this morning I went back and forth on who to start between Volek and Brooks and I clearly made the wrong move.

GOD THIS GAME IS FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Hold on now. As a Brooks owner, one virtue that you should've developed by now is patience. He may suck rocks fr 3 quarters, but will get his garbage time yards and TD. In the end, he'll end up with a decent fanatsy output most of the times. In the process, will he give you heartburn and lost hair? Why yes of course..But when all's said and done, you'll still be considering starting him again next week. :D

I've been wrong on that front many times this year too.

An example? I picked up McGahee in one league about a month and a half ago...I have not started him yet though until this week. After I watched him go for 4 TDs on my bench last week against a solid D I figured he should be golden this week against a Miami D that can be run on. WRONG.

I also started Brooks (over Griese) and Buffalo D/ST in 2 different leagues and somehow Miami and Feeley are shredding them...hopefully they won't take my playoff hopes with them in the one leauge. :D

Hold on now. As a Brooks owner, one virtue that you should've developed by now is patience. He may suck rocks fr 3 quarters, but will get his garbage time yards and TD. In the end, he'll end up with a decent fanatsy output most of the times. In the process, will he give you heartburn and lost hair? Why yes of course..But  when all's said and done, you'll still be considering starting him again next week. :D

594022[/snapback]

At this rate, I just hope he doesn't get pulled from the game at halftime.

just one of the brutal parts of FF, that "coulda, shoulda, woulda" second guessing. after MUCH deliberation, i started julius over both pittman and domanick today and might be kicking myself, both DD and Pitt have TDs and nice yardage so far against tough defenses. you just never know how the chips are going to fall. :D

TD Brooks to Horn :D

594046[/snapback]

That was good, but now he just fumbled and gave up great field position to Carolina. Anyone else thinking Haslett might throw Bouman in there in the second half? Man I hope not...I really need some points from Brooks.

That was good, but now he just fumbled and gave up great field position to Carolina.  Anyone else thinking Haslett might throw Bouman in there in the second half?  Man I hope not...I really need some points from Brooks.

594069[/snapback]

What happened to the fumble, did it get overturned?

Was leaning on Bulger in two of my favorite leagues, he gets hurt, didn't start Portis, he is doing good and cut Volek a couple days ago and theres more, but I'm too depressed to dig any deeper. One week its cloud nine and the next its neck deep in shi!t, what a hobby! :violin:

Edited by Retrograde assault