[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR Keeper-Nate Burleson or Michael Clayton

i like clayton as the value pick and as the better player.

821384[/snapback]

Ditto.

Minnesota may be a slightly better offense to be in as a WR but Clayton is one of the best in the game and will be for years.

I'm going to agree with Clayton, especially for the price!

821499[/snapback]

Another vote for Clayton. He has great skills and is allegedly one of the smarter WRs in the league (for what that's worth).

WOW! A lot of love for the BUC.

DMD has Nate listed a slot or two higher on his board.

I think Clayton's price is great too but the lack of talent at QB and the addition of a SOLID runner really make me wonder about Mr. Clayton's second year.

Don't you all like C-Pepp and what he brings instead of ?? QB in TBAY?!?

Thanks for all the advice!

I am still thinking.

1)DMD has Nate listed a slot or two higher on his board.

2)Don't you all like C-Pepp and what he brings instead of ?? QB in TBAY?!?

822719[/snapback]

1)Only "a slot or two higher" tells me DMD thinks they're pretty similar. Probably separated by, as I mentioned earlier, the fact that MINN appears to be a slightly better system for a WR.

2)I'm not saying Griese is Daunte Culpepper and I know projecting stats over a whole season based on a partial season only carries so much weight but last season...

Culpepper(with Moss for 13 games) - 4700yds/39TDs/111 QB rating

Griese(projected from 10 games to 16) - 4100/32TDs/98 QB rating

Again, I'm not saying Griese compares to CPep as a football player but I can't agree with the assessment that there is a lack of QB talent in TB. In fact, I believe that Griese, beginning the season as the starter with a year in the system under his belt, will be better than last year.

1)Only "a slot or two higher" tells me DMD thinks they're pretty similar.  Probably separated by, as I mentioned earlier, the fact that MINN appears to be a slightly better system for a WR.

2)I'm not saying Griese is Daunte Culpepper and I know projecting stats over a whole season based on a partial season only carries so much weight but last season...

Again, I'm not saying Griese compares to CPep as a football player but I can't agree with the assessment that there is a lack of QB talent in TB.  In fact, I believe that Griese, beginning the season as the starter with a year in the system under his belt, will be better than last year.

822827[/snapback]

No BS coming from BS

I'm going against the majority here, but I would keep Burleson to be honest. I think that for Minnesota to let go of Moss, they must have felt very comfortable with the skills that Burleson has. I'm not saying he'll put up Moss numbers, but I think he will put up numbers worthy to be kept over Clayton.

1)Only "a slot or two higher" tells me DMD thinks they're pretty similar.  Probably separated by, as I mentioned earlier, the fact that MINN appears to be a slightly better system for a WR.

Again, I'm not saying Griese compares to CPep as a football player but I can't agree with the assessment that there is a lack of QB talent in TB.  In fact, I believe that Griese, beginning the season as the starter with a year in the system under his belt, will be better than last year.

822827[/snapback]

The main thing to keep in mind is that, assuming Griese is the starting QB, he loves to throw to Clayton.

Minn. will have much more of a running game than they have in the past, thus lowering Cpepp and Burelson's overall ranking a little. TBay on the other hand won't change their offense at all from last year. Even with a questionable running game Clayton had a great year last year as a rookie.

Most receivers make a nice jump between their rookie season and their 2nd season, so Clayton could actually do better. Burleson will probably end up with similar numbers as he did from last year.

I have to go with Clayton since i drafted him like you plus Minn wants to run the ball this season. Eventhough nate will be the main Wr he is no R. Moss his #'s will be good but nat as good as Clayton. I would try and trade nate to the person that has C. Pep

Clayton = STUD

Sorry boys but I'm with DMD on this one all the way. I really like Clayton but that Burleson kid is pretty darn special.

I don't think Clayton will have as many catches this year. Last season, their whole receiving corps and Charlie Garner all got hurt, leaving Clayton as the only option, and the youngster showed that he has good enough hands to be very productive. This season they'll have some more options at WR, and Cadillac should get his share of catches....all of this on an team that doesn't score that many points as it is and still relies heavily on their defense.

However, Burleson is the better talent and is in a far better situation. SOMEBODY has to catch all those TDs. "Oh, Duante likes to throw the fade!"====perfect, how about the guy who has one of the highest vertical jumps in the history of the NFL combine (not Randy Moss). The most amazing thing in watching Burleson though is how polished he is. Accelerates out of breaks, uses his hands, catches the ball at its highest point, etc... this kid is gonna be a good one

Edited by Seahawks21

Yup. Chargerz, It is as clear as mud now :D

I am still thinking but I really like the more POTENT offense theory.

I also think that Nate could POTENTIALLY have better numbers than Clayton.

Both are locks for top 15 WR's. Maybe only one in the top 10?

Make sense? No, not really but it sure is fun talking about it.

Thanks again ADVISERS!