[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Modern Warfare 2

kpholmes

PS3

I've played an hour of the campaign, the graphics are unbelievable...the story fairly disturbing

Multiplayer I've logged like 8 hours so far, but then put it away since they blew up their servers because of how many users and the fact that the invite system still doesn't work. All that is supposed to be fixed by tomorrow so I'll hopefully pick it back up this weekend.

Blows away COD4 from a graphics and gameplay perspective though, unfortunate that they can't get the MP correct right off the bat though

WD

I'd usually bring up the ole I don't have to pay for online play each year like you do at this point in the thread, but honestly I'd be willing to shell out cash never to have this problem again when an epic game like MW2 comes out

I actually don't pay for Xbox Live.

My account is in a rare circumstance where I bought Xbox Live when it initially came out for the original Xbox, and back then you only paid $60 for Live forever. When they moved to monthly/yearly payments, my account was grandfathered and I have never paid a cent since my initial purchase. They don't even have a credit card or mailing address on file for my account.

Its good. Honestly, I was expecting more. I think it reverts back to 4 quite a bit, which I'm aware is by design. It's fun, but I'm not sure I'll end up playing it as intensely as World at War. I've got it for the 360. Only played online so far. I'll get around to campaign sooner or later.

in my youngers days, i could sit and play a game like this for 7hrs straight. i was done after 1.5hrs last night. man, im getting old.

+1

I'm not shamed to admit I played for about 5 hours straight on Tuesday night, now the past two days I can't use my left hand...no more marathon sessions for me!

I bought it and loaded it onto my PC that just got Windows 7 last week.

It runs except for every pop up menu in the game has bad pixelation where the words are so I cannot read the options (like start or quit or important things). I can click on them and see where I go but I cannot play it until I fix it.

My son heard there was a compatibility issue with a patch for windows 7 but neither COD or microsoft has one. Otherwise all my graphics are fine so I am really, reallly reticent to mess with my video card drivers (Radeon GeForce 1300/1550).

So I have it but I cannot play it and it is killing me.

+1

I'm not shamed to admit I played for about 5 hours straight on Tuesday night, now the past two days I can't use my left hand...no more marathon sessions for me!

That'll kill your love life. :wacko:

(nothing personal, the joke was just there)

Mine is in the mail to me as I pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon. I'm out of town this weekend (going to the Nebraska vs. Kansas game) so I wouldn't have had time to play it yet anyway. I'll probably play through the single player campaign before I go online. They usually reuse some of the maps from the game and I'd rather just enjoy the campaign for awhile before I go online and pwn you noobs.

That'll kill your love life. :wacko:

(nothing personal, the joke was just there)

Mine is in the mail to me as I pre-ordered the PS3 version from Amazon. I'm out of town this weekend (going to the Nebraska vs. Kansas game) so I wouldn't have had time to play it yet anyway. I'll probably play through the single player campaign before I go online. They usually reuse some of the maps from the game and I'd rather just enjoy the campaign for awhile before I go online and pwn you noobs.

I knew when I typed that the response was inevitable lol :D

I bought it and loaded it onto my PC that just got Windows 7 last week.

It runs except for every pop up menu in the game has bad pixelation where the words are so I cannot read the options (like start or quit or important things). I can click on them and see where I go but I cannot play it until I fix it.

My son heard there was a compatibility issue with a patch for windows 7 but neither COD or microsoft has one. Otherwise all my graphics are fine so I am really, reallly reticent to mess with my video card drivers (Radeon GeForce 1300/1550).

So I have it but I cannot play it and it is killing me.

"It's not gonna have any of the problems Vista had...."

:wacko:

My one problem with the multiplayer is that it's a race to get the heartbeat sensor for your weapon.

BTW - DMD - there's a level titled just for you!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...