[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hawk AND Hodge?

Swiss Cheezhead

Excellent. Let's make it a 12-month sig-bet. February 2007 through February 2008 -- team with best record through regular season and playoffs (:D) wins sig.

1444311[/snapback]

Playoffs? :D

Barnett, Hawk, Hodge, Ben Taylor, Poppinga, Robert Thomas...

I suppose Taylor, Poppinga, and Thomas are good backups, but who's the SLB?

1444283[/snapback]

My best guess is Barnett moves to SLB so that Hawk can adjust to the pro game without having to focus on coverage responsibilities.

My best guess is Barnett moves to SLB so that Hawk can adjust to the pro game without having to focus on coverage responsibilities.

1444319[/snapback]

Agreed. From the other thread...

Can't see Hawk playing SLB at 6'1". If those three are the starters, it'll be Barnett at SLB, Hawk at MLB, and Hodge at WLB. Either way, we have good depth and talent.

1444309[/snapback]

...and the beauty is that Taylor and a healthy Poppinga give GB some VERY nice LB depth.

Actually, depending on how Poppinga's recovery is going, we could see him at SLB and Barnett staying in the middle.

...and the beauty is that Taylor and a healthy Poppinga give GB some VERY nice LB depth.

Actually, depending on how Poppinga's recovery is going, we could see him at SLB and Barnett staying in the middle.

1444442[/snapback]

That would work for me... I'm am absolutley ecstatic about having the linebacker position as one of our strengths... Imagine that... Green Bay Packers, and linebackers...

I'm really happy with the way things have turned out thus far, and a lot of picks coming up tomorrow... Good job TT :D

1444319[/snapback]

looks like this is a distinct possability

but HODGE could very well man SLB i will find it later but i read something that said he can play all 3 LBs spots but he would be able to shed the blocks etc at SLB better then Hawk and Barnett has the sideline to sideline speed to play WLB but with Hodge being a natural MLB I wouldnt be surprised to see

SLB Barnett

MLB Hodge

WLB Hawk

but until word comes out of packer land their is a hugh risk drafting Hawk in IDP leagues if for some crazy reason he ends up at SLB

.. Imagine that... Green Bay Packers, and linebackers...

1444455[/snapback]

Think of it as a long-overdue return to a historically strong position for the Pack - Clarke Hinkle, Bill Forrester, Dan Currie, Ray Nitschke, Lee Roy Caffey, Dave Robinson, Ted Hendricks (briefly), Fred Carr, Rich Wingo, Tim Harris, Tony Bennett, Bryce Paup...all fine players for the Pack at the position.

Think of it as a long-overdue return to a historically strong position for the Pack - Clarke Hinkle, Bill Forrester, Dan Currie, Ray Nitschke, Lee Roy Caffey, Dave Robinson, Ted Hendricks (briefly), Fred Carr, Rich Wingo, Tim Harris, Tony Bennett, Bryce Paup...all fine players for the Pack at the position.

1444467[/snapback]

What a nice position it is.

Hawk is not a middle linebacker, and wont be in the NFL.  He is more likely to go to strong side, with Hodge if he starts to go to weak side.  Makes no sense to move Barnett outside, as he has never played outside LB.

1444538[/snapback]

He'd also never played MLB before the nfl. He's shown he can adjust.

Will say this though....Packers had 7th overall "D" last year...lost 5 games by 3 or less in 2005...additions to "D"....add Favre back...Green back....Driver, Ferguson, Franks, Murphy(?).......Gado and Davenport still in fold....we look to challenge for the North title IMO and you know in playoffs...anything is possible.... :D:D:D:D:D:D:D