[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dolphins bought a tape that had Bradys signals

peepinmofo

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont give me those tears... this has nothing to do with my team (Bills). It just proves the fish cant win without trying to get an upper hand.

And tell me how it isnt cheating again?

I heard on colin cowherd today that the dolphins made the tape from a televised broadcast. IF this is true, I don't think it can be construed as cheating.

Dont give me those tears... this has nothing to do with my team (Bills). It just proves the fish cant win without trying to get an upper hand.

Who can win without gaining an upper hand? isn't that what winning is all about? You think the Bolts don't have the upper hand by having LT, the Bulls didn't win by having Jordan and the Yankees don't win because they have great resources?

Where does it state that a team has to use game film with no audio? And with NFL Prime Time, Edge and a whole host of pre, post, and weekly shows breaking down plays and signals, ANYONE can obtain this sort of information.

Signs are stolen in baseball and have been for years. Calls and plays have been stolsn/figured out in the NFL for years. It's all part of the game. The Fish would only have been wrong if they did not use this information.

I heard on colin cowherd today that the dolphins made the tape from a televised broadcast. IF this is true, I don't think it can be construed as cheating.

I agree. If in fact it WAS just from TV, theres nothing wrong... But buying a bootleg video would have to come from someone who was close to the field would be cheating...

Doesn's getting the upper hand usually contribute to winning any type of game? They used the resources that were provided to them. Nothing more. Kudos to Saban and the coaching staff. They just took a page right out of Billy's book.

Edited by goose228

It's the same thing as stealing signals from a pitcher and catcher. It's not cheating.

STEALING signs isnt cheating?

Thats like saying stealing cars is ok. In no way, shape, or form, is stealing ok. Unless youre stealing bases... But this is football... As I said above, if its from TV, its fine. But to get audio/video from someone on the field that is close to Brady, and has it very clear and defined, that is cheating.

STEALING signs isnt cheating?

Thats like saying stealing cars is ok. In no way, shape, or form, is stealing ok. Unless youre stealing bases... But this is football... As I said above, if its from TV, its fine. But to get audio/video from someone on the field that is close to Brady, and has it very clear and defined, that is cheating.

No no no. Stealing cars cannot be compared to stealing signs. One gets you in jail the other just is considered bad sportsmanship.

And how does the source (TV or from the game itself) matter? Where is it defined that it's cheating in the NFL rulebook? Please give me a link to this "very clear and defined" definition of cheating.

No no no. Stealing cars cannot be compared to stealing signs. One gets you in jail the other just is considered bad sportsmanship.

And how does the source (TV or from the game itself) matter? Where is it defined that it's cheating in the NFL rulebook? Please give me a link to this "very clear and defined" definition of cheating.

If you get them from TV, then ANYONE can do it. If you purchase a bootleg tape, then NOT everyone can do it, and thus it was made illegally. That would make it cheating.

MIA has owned Brady over the past several games anyways. What a joke. Even if they did...so what. It's not cheating. It's using available technologies to their advantage. Similar to stealing signals, etc. just done in a high tech fashion. Why do you think every coach has to cover his freakin mouth with the playbook sheet these days? They should change up their cadences and signals...end of story. Funny that it happened to a Belichick coached team anyway if so. Isn't he like a genius or something? :D

Edited by Hitman

MIA has owned Brady over the past several games anyways. What a joke. Even if they did...so what. It's not cheating. It's using available technologies to their advantage. Similar to stealing signals, etc. Just done in a high tech fashion. Why do you think every coach has to cover his freakin mouth with the playbook sheet? They should change up their cadences...end of story. Funny that it happened to a Belichick coached team anyway if so. Isn't he like a genius or something? :D

:D

He constantly figures out ways to mask his injuries, but can't figure out a way to mask signals :bash:

No, the burden of proof is on the prosecution. YOU tell me how it IS cheating.

From what I heard, they simply watched the telecasts. That's not cheating at all. Even stealing signs in baseball is acceptable (as long as they don't use hidden cameras or signaling devices during the games).

Even if, say, they obtained a tape of NE's practice from somebody inside the Pats organization, the blame goes on the mole for selling out his employer.