[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Newbie Welcome Thread

rajncajn

I'm at Glenbrook north, nice to see all the crazy connections

920664[/snapback]

My wife grauated from Glenbrook South in 1981. Isnt Glenbrook North the school that had the hazing incidents a few years ago?

Yankees cannot call people carpetbaggers.  Besides my mom's side of the family has lived in Texas (the real South) since the 1800s.  :D

919351[/snapback]

Not one drop of Yankee blood in me. All my kin have been in Tennessee, North Carolina, and Virginia since we took the Drunk Injuns land. And our family motto is:

"Been proudly killin Yankees since 1861"...

Edited by spain

Who: Primetime, A faithful Miami Dolphins fan

What: University of Miami student by day, Sports talk radio host by night.

When: 21 years old. I hope the elder veterans out there aren't too hard on me.

Where: Miami, Fl

Why: I have been dominating my friendly private league and since I am a mean small thingie, I want to dominate even more than I do already. Thus, I decided the best way to do so would be joining the top FF website. I must credit MSaint for guiding me to the huddle. I learned about this site by reading his book "Comitted."

Fantasy Bio: This will only be my 4th year playing FF but let me assure you that I am just as hardcore as anyone out there. I have played in the same private league (very competetive) for 3 seasons and I have earned 2 first place finishes and one second place.

Who: Primetime, A faithful Miami Dolphins fan

What: University of Miami student by day, Sports talk radio host by night.

When: 21 years old. I hope the elder veterans out there aren't too hard on me.Where: Miami, Fl

Why: I have been dominating my friendly private league and since I am a mean small thingie, I want to dominate even more than I do already. Thus, I decided the best way to do so would be joining the top FF website. I must credit MSaint for guiding me to the huddle. I learned about this site by reading his book "Comitted."

Fantasy Bio: This will only be my 4th year playing FF but let me assure you that I am just as hardcore as anyone out there. I have played in the same private league (very competetive) for 3 seasons and I have earned 2 first place finishes and one second place.

921703[/snapback]

Dam....that's the nicest thing we've been called in a while!

Welcome PT52

Well, it's page 17 and I guess I should have traveled over here sooner. I mainly spend my time in Fantasy Football Advice, but I came over here because work is slow today and I just wanted to explore more of the site.

Who: mhayhurst from Raleigh, NC. Went to UF and I'm a HUGE Gators fan and TB Bucs fan

What: Television Producer/Editor

When: 28yrs old

Where: born in Florida moved to North Carolina for buisness and have been here 5yrs.

Why: I joined last year for advice and thoughts on FF. I've enjoyed it from day one.

Fantasy Bio: I've been playing for 4yrs now and joined the Huddle last year. I normally play in 3/4 leagues a season. 1 being an extremely competitive $ league, 1 normally a yahoo live draft random league, and 1 a local live draft league. Normally finish in the top of my leagues somewhere in the playoff jungle, but have never won :D

Great idea rajncajn. I'm sorry I didn't see this post earlier. Anyway...See you around the boards.

theohiostate., but the advice has been pretty good. Like I said I've been with the Huddle last year and found a few good guys to listen to what they had to say. I've been in the SB twice, but your teams have to be hot, and at that point in the season, if injuries come, you've pretty much lost.

Who: GpJoeyD

What: I'm a computer geek and manage the Help Desk and small company.

When: I'm 36 year young... and getting younger all the time!!!!

Where: I live in NJ just over the bridge from Philly and I'm Die-Hard Philly Sports Fan!

Why: Why The "Eff" not :D

Fantasy Bio: I've been playing Fantasy Football so long, I don't remember when it all started... I do remember that we had no internet yet and to wait for the Monday Sports page to figure out your teams points :D I usually play in about 3-4 leagues each season, 1 very serious and $$$$$, another for friends that is cheap and usually another Yahoo fun league and if something else come along, I'll jump. I've been a member of "The Huddle" for a few years now, but this is my first venture in the forums.

Anyway... Good luck to you all in all your leagues... my the Fantasy Gods smile on us all ... and on me more they anyone else :D

Who: SuperBalla...Balla...daddy...SB (SteelBunz fav)

What: Manage Sports Store...Look at T-N-A (Gawd is good)

When: 29 yrs of age. Cancer/Leo cusp :D I like to beat gutz?

Where: Dirty South Louisiana...

Why: I like Fantasy alot...

Fantasy Bio: Been playing FF for 7 yrs, been a Huddler for 2. Been on the boards for 2 :D . Didn't take me long to figure out this is the best **** FF site on the net. I'm in 6 leagues now (this is beginning to read like an AA meeting) 3 local 12 team keeper and 2 BOTH (Born Of The Huddle) leagues, one a 14 team hotdog eatin contest known as the 4983 :D and last but definately least, I'm real Hugh...but not called hugh by name.

I have met skylive5...and was runner-up newbie of the year...to old ballz rovers. Forget Jumpin Johnny...he wishes he was newbie of the year runner-up :D ... :D reminds me of Napoleon Dynamite and that cat that keeps throwin the football...poor guy. That JJ has been werked hard by balla in two leagues now...poor guy. :D

Edited by SuperBalla

Who: LosGatosEnFuegos, NYG fan from birth, but i haven't had TV for the last 5 years, so i end up following my studs' teams more than my Giants

What: recent college graduate, unemployed by day, poker player by night to pay the bills

When: 22 years old

Where: NYC

Why: i love football. i love competition. i'm a number crunching nerd. i was built for this.

Fantasy Bio: This is my 6th season playing in my family 12 team, keep-2 league, 2nd season at the huddle, and 1st time on the forums. I lost in the finals by 5 points last year because Marty Schottenheimer is a %@, and i'm out for blood this year. Like i said before, i haven't had TV for the last 5 years and keep up with all my games through NFL.com's gamecenter. Because of this, i have a highly statistical outlook on football in general.

I'm wicked excited about the coming season and about being a member of the forums. I hope all you vets can teach me a thing or two, and i might even find something intelligent to say over the next 5 months. Good luck all.

Who: Shotgun Messiahs

What: Warehouse manager for a pool distributor.

When: 31 yrs of age.

Where: Dallas, Tx

Why: It's about as close as I will get to real football. Just love being a FF Scout.

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for 5 years and won in one league twice. Just joined another BOTH league this off season. Played a few one year wonder leagues and won once in those.

Sorry it took me 4ever to respond to this.

I'm in.

Who: The GridIron Junky, always looking for that next football fix

What: Medical Physicist in a regional hospital

When: 35 and aging fast

Where: The deep south

Why: because I like it!

Fantasy Bio: Been playing for about 8 years; run my own league in my hometown

Well, it's page 17 and I guess I should have traveled over here sooner. I mainly spend my time in Fantasy Football Advice, but I came over here because work is slow today and I just wanted to explore more of the site.

924147[/snapback]

If you read this forum more often... you wouldn't need fantasy advice... :D

• 5 months later...

Who: rbmcdonald UT graduate and long time fan. Casual Texans fan. Been a member for four years, but only an active poster the last year. Apparently, my membership lapsed, so it only shows as a member since ’04.

What: CPA, work for an engineering firm.

When: 1961 (this way it is always accurate, and if you are too stupid to do the math, you do not need to know how old I am.

Where: Austin, TX

Why: Never played FF until 4 years ago. Seemed kind of stupid to me to buy a two month old magazine, for draft info.

Fantasy Bio: Stopped watching NFL when Oilers left Houston. Did not watch a game the whole time. I had never played FF. Friend tried to get me to join his league for several years. When Texans started playing, I started watching again and started playing FF. In four years, I have made the playoffs 3 times (8 of 16), Division winner 2 times (2 eight team divisions, with separate drafts), but only 1 – 3 in playoff games. Attribute all of my success to TheHuddle, the playoff losses are all mine.

Who: isleseeya ..die hard Giant Fan

What: Asst Vice President of a Container Ship Company..transports containers and cargo all over the world

When: 35 yrs of age. married with 4 kids

Where: New Jersey

Why: Love Football ..fantasy and real ..some of the stuff on these boards is very funny ..good stuff here

Fantasy Bio: playing only two years ..love it ..won my main 12 man league this past season in 2005 ..Thank you Steve Smith

Peace :D

i don't believe i ever did this ...

who: tonorator. it's all about the bengals.

what: group IT manager for one of the world's largest consumer goods companies.

when: 38 yrs of age. married with 2 kids - boys, 10 and 6.

where: temporary assignment in san diego for 1-2 years, then back to cincinnati.

why: the huddle is the best, is it not?

fantasy bio: did fantasy baseball for 12 years and burned out. shifted to football and rediscovered why fantasy sports are so cool. won the championship of my 20-team, 2-division local league in my first year of competition (4 years ago). have been in playoffs since, but can't seem to bring home the title again. looking for more leagues to join.

i also love playing the guitar, which i just picked up 3 years ago, and i'm an apple maniac.

Edited by tonorator