[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WestBrook

NSab

Money!

905668[/snapback]

But what I find interesting is he signed a one-year contract in June for approx. $1.6 million and now is holding out for a long-term deal. Why the change in heart - I would think he would have more leverage in holding out from the start. If he signed a one-year contract, they could work thru the long-term deal during the year. :D JMHO

Another Eagles note - Corey Simon, DL is another holdout and has the franchise tag on him.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what I find interesting is he signed a one-year contract in June for approx. $1.6 million and now is holding out for a long-term deal.  Why the change in heart - I would think he would have more leverage in holding out from the start.  If he signed a one-year contract, they could work thru the long-term deal during the year. :D  JMHO

Another Eagles note - Corey Simon, DL is another holdout and has the franchise tag on him.

905687[/snapback]

This is the suprise! We all knew about TO and Simon, Westbrook is playing his hand now.

But what I find interesting is he signed a one-year contract in June for approx. $1.6 million and now is holding out for a long-term deal.  Why the change in heart - I would think he would have more leverage in holding out from the start.  If he signed a one-year contract, they could work thru the long-term deal during the year. :D  JMHO

905687[/snapback]

I believe Westbrook signed the one year tender with the Eagles word that they would negotiate a long-term deal. From what I understand this has not happened to Westbrook's liking.

Corey Simon is a bum who has not lived up to his hype. The Eagles tried to trade him to Baltimore but Simon wanted more money them Baltimore was willing to pay him. Sounds to me like Simon wants to be paid a huge amount and fact is he hasn't shown he is worth it. I don't mind if Simon isn't at camp, but Westbrook is a huge part of the offense.

Fans always expect the players to honor their contracts, yet the owners can release a player at any time.  Most contracts pay the big money at the end so owners can effectively "use" players while the contract is at a bargain price then release the player when the meat of the contract is due.  That IMO is complete B.S.

905247[/snapback]

That is why there are signing bonuses. Take away signing bonuses and you have a point.

I believe Westbrook signed the one year tender with the Eagles word that they would negotiate a long-term deal.  From what I understand this has not happened to Westbrook's liking.

Corey Simon is a bum who has not lived up to his hype.  The Eagles tried to trade him to Baltimore but Simon wanted more money them Baltimore was willing to pay him.  Sounds to me like Simon wants to be paid a huge amount and fact is he hasn't shown he is worth it.  I don't mind if Simon isn't at camp, but Westbrook is a huge part of the offense.

905756[/snapback]

He signed the middle tender. If he didn't the birds could have offered him even less($800,000) as opposd to the $1.4 mill. Then B West heard about the the Deuce MCallister signing and got pissed. The birds are trying to drag things out as long as possible to see how Moats plays out. B West thinks he is the same caliber as say Duece M., they don't agree and neither do I. He is very valuble in this scheme of the Birds, but he is not an every down back due to his size and injurie tendencies. Hopefully they come come to some kind of middle ground, right now they are at least $5 mill . apart on signing bonuses.

The Eagles offered BWest somewhere around 4 million per year and he turned it down- he's citing Lamont Jordan's deal with Oakland as a benchmark- BWest want to be paid more than Jordan. This will all work itself out.

I don't have the details of Jordan's deal, but supposedly the Eagles offere more up front $$ (which makes sense since they are about 7 mil under this season's cap), but less per annum that LaMont. Westbrook is looking at average salary and say she wants more than Jordan :D

TAKE THE FRIGGIN $$ and be set for life :D

Edited by Marauders11

I think Westbrook should be paid Lamont Jordan money or even more. Jordan has yet to prove he can be productive as a starter. Westbrok has already proved that. As far as why Deuce McAllister deserves more then Westbrook I'm not sure I agree. Last years stats:

Westbrook = 1515 combined yards, 9 TDs, 73 receptions

McAllister = 1302 combined yards, 9 TDs, and 34 receptions

I think Westbrook should be paid Lamont Jordan money or even more.  Jordan has yet to prove he can be productive as a starter.  Westbrok has already proved that.  As far as why Deuce McAllister deserves more then Westbrook I'm not sure I agree.  Last years stats:

906733[/snapback]

The position is runningback. Westbrook is great out of the backfield, but pedestrian running the ball

The position is runningback.  Westbrook is great out of the backfield, but pedestrian running the ball

906737[/snapback]

But for what the Eagles do he is a perfect fit. So if he puts up similar/better numbers to McAllister and is such a good fit for this team, why wouldn't the Eagles pay him similar to McAllister. Plus Westbrook is only 25-26 years old. Listen, I agree the Deuce is a better bewteen the tackles runningback but Westbrook can hurt you on the ground and through the air.

I think Westbrook should be paid Lamont Jordan money or even more.  Jordan has yet to prove he can be productive as a starter.  Westbrok has already proved that.  As far as why Deuce McAllister deserves more then Westbrook I'm not sure I agree.  Last years stats:

906733[/snapback]

wow...that makes Westy look worse...

how many games did he miss?...2-3 tops?..

Deuce missed from the 1st drive in like week 2 to week 9 or something...I forget...

wow...that makes Westy look worse...

how many games did he miss?...2-3 tops?..

Deuce missed from the 1st drive in like week 2 to week 9 or something...I forget...

906801[/snapback]

Actually, according to NFL.com, Westbrook played 13 games and McAllister played 14. McAllister also had about 100 more rushing attempts. Westbrook averaged 4.6 YPC McAllister had 4.0 YPC.

Actually, according to NFL.com, Westbrook played 13 games and McAllister played 14.  McAllister also had about 100 more rushing attempts.  Westbrook averaged 4.6 YPC McAllister had 4.0 YPC.

907102[/snapback]

I had McAllister on my fantasy team...

I feel like I am in bizarro world...

I swear he was inactive for at least a handful of games...or maybe the fantasy stats just made it seem like that?...

so he basically missed 3 games and had 1 game where he had under 10 carries....

McAllister had a high ankle sprain and gutted it out for most of the season. Plus, New Orleans tried to change their running scheme by going to one back sets. Comparing Deuce McAllister and Brian Westbrook is laughable.

McAllister had a high ankle sprain and gutted it out for most of the season.  Plus, New Orleans tried to change their running scheme by going to one back sets.  Comparing Deuce McAllister and Brian Westbrook is laughable.

907378[/snapback]

Exactly. McAllister would be scary in Phili, where Westbrook would be avg. in NO. Not even a close comparison.

The Doors

The End lyrics

This is the end

Beautiful friend

This is the end

My only friend, the end

Of our elaborate plans, the end

Of everything that stands, the end

No safety or surprise, the end

I'll never look into your eyes...again

Can you picture what will be

So limitless and free

Desperately in need...of some...stranger's hand

In a...desperate land

Lost in a Roman...wilderness of pain

And all the children are insane

All the children are insane

Waiting for the summer rain, yeah

There's danger on the edge of town

Ride the King's highway, baby

Weird scenes inside the gold mine

Ride the highway west, baby

Ride the snake, ride the snake

To the lake, the ancient lake, baby

The snake is long, seven miles

Ride the snake...he's old, and his skin is cold

The west is the best

The west is the best

Get here, and we'll do the rest

The blue bus is callin' us

The blue bus is callin' us

Driver, where you taken' us

The killer awoke before dawn, he put his boots on

He took a face from the ancient gallery

And he walked on down the hall

He went into the room where his sister lived, and...then he

Paid a visit to his brother, and then he

He walked on down the hall, and

And he came to a door...and he looked inside

Father, yes son, I want to kill you

Mother...I want to...flip you

C'mon baby, take a chance with us

And meet me at the back of the blue bus

Doin' a blue rock

On a blue bus

Doin' a blue rock

C'mon, yeah

Kill, kill, kill, kill, kill, kill

This is the end

Beautiful friend

This is the end

My only friend, the end

It hurts to set you free

But you'll never follow me

The end of laughter and soft lies

The end of nights we tried to die

This is the end

897645[/snapback]

:D

Exactly.  McAllister would be scary in Phili, where Westbrook would be avg. in NO.  Not even a close comparison.

907728[/snapback]

I agree the McAllister is a better running back. My point is that I think Westbrook deserves a good amount from the Eagles because he is a perfect fit for their offense. Can another RB come in and put up better numbers, sure. But where and how would they acquire that RB? Fact is that they have the guy right now so they should pay him and get it over with. It's not like he just signed a 7 year deal and a year later he wants more money. Westbrook is the second most important piece to the Eagles offense next to McNabb.

I agree the McAllister is a better running back.  My point is that I think Westbrook deserves a good amount from the Eagles because he is a perfect fit for their offense.  Can another RB come in and put up better numbers, sure.  But where and how would they acquire that RB? Fact is that they have the guy right now so they should pay him and get it over with.  It's not like he just signed a 7 year deal and a year later he wants more money.  Westbrook is the second most important piece to the Eagles offense next to McNabb.

908161[/snapback]

I think I agree with what you are saying. I don't think a lot of RB's could come to the Eagles and do what Westbrook does. If they can't get him and still not have TO, they are gonna be in big, big trouble. Westbrook is no doubt the second most important piece to the Eagles offense next to McNabb. Anyone who disagrees with that hasn't watched the Eagles enough. They should lock him up.

Edited by Goopster24

The Eagles offered BWest somewhere around 4 million per year and he turned it down- he's citing Lamont Jordan's deal with Oakland as a benchmark- BWest want to be paid more than Jordan. This will all work itself out.

I don't have the details of Jordan's deal, but supposedly the Eagles offere more up front $$ (which makes sense since they are about 7 mil under this season's cap), but less per annum that LaMont. Westbrook is looking at average salary and say she wants more than Jordan  :D

TAKE THE FRIGGIN $$ and be set for life :D

906581[/snapback]

They offered him 9 Mill. up front bonuses and $4 Mill. per year on Sunday night and he turned it down.

NSab, do you have a link?  I have heard different figures.

909330[/snapback]

Gargano on WIP.

I think we'll know what he's doing if he no-shows on monday...

1. if he no shows on monday...it means a)he doesnt care about losing the money and B)he doesnt care about being on the team another year...

2. he could have every intention of signing that deal, but doesn't want to report to camp (IE: TO, Buck, Pinky)...it's too darn hot...so he'll just sign his new deal later, when he feels like reporting and all these fines won't count against his deal...

3. Westy is healthy going into week 1, fresh...

4. I hope this is true... :D