[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The most feared and respected coach

Goopster24

I just finished reading a pretty good book called "Bloody Sundays" by Mike Freeman. This book was written I believe on the heels of Gruden's Super Bowl Victory. In the book, Freeman calls Gruden "the most feared and respected coach in the game today" and he puts him ahead of such names as Billicheck (sorry about spelling), Parcells, Cowhler, etc. Who does everyone think is "the most feared and respected coach in the game today"? Homers, let's be a little realistic. I'll give my opinion after I see a few.

Feared and respected by HIS players-  Parcells

Feared and respected by the NFL-  Belichick

910220[/snapback]

Antonio Bryant didnt respect or fear him last year when he threw his jersey in Parcells face...

I still say Gruden. Give it two seasons, and everyone will be back on his bandwagon.

Yeah, that sure served Bryant well.  Now he's a Brown.

910425[/snapback]

Yeah, and the cowboys receivers are Keyshawn (5.2 in the 40) and Fairy Glenn.

Anyway, how can the answer be anyone but Bellichik? The Pats make sideline adjustments while their opponents are still running plays off the script.

Yeah, that sure served Bryant well.  Now he's a Brown.

910425[/snapback]

Yeah, bash the browns... But the bottom line is they now have the right regime in place, Gm and coach...

Give them two more years in the off season and drafts, and the browns will be returned to the glory days.

And if I remember correctly, Parcells had Bryant on the team for a month or so after that happened... blah to Parcells.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Yeah, bash the browns... But the bottom line is they now have the right regime in place, Gm and coach...

Give them two more years in the off season and drafts, and the browns will be returned to the glory days.

And if I remember correctly, Parcells had Bryant on the team for a month or so after that happened... blah to Parcells.

910497[/snapback]

Oh, I wasn't bashing the Browns... much. My point was that Bryant got himself a one way ticket out of town with that move, is all.

I just finished reading a pretty good book called "Bloody Sundays" by Mike Freeman. This book was written I believe on the heels of Gruden's Super Bowl Victory. In the book, Freeman calls Gruden "the most feared and respected coach in the game today" and he puts him ahead of such names as Billicheck (sorry about spelling), Parcells, Cowhler, etc. Who does everyone think is "the most feared and respected coach in the game today"? Homers, let's be a little realistic. I'll give my opinion after I see a few.

909699[/snapback]

I am sure the same book mentions how Rich Gannon is one of the best QBs in the game. A lot of things can change in 3 years, Bellichick hands down.

Its gotta be Mike Tice.

Hard to say that with a straight face, sorry.

But seriously folks...I would have to say maybe Cowher. His teams seem to be prepared for every game and HIT HARD, all the time. I know Billick, Belichick are getting a lot of nods on this post, so I wanted to bring someone new to the table.

Most Respected: Belichek for his current success, Gibbs for his career success

Most Feared for his coaching prowness: I'll say Belichek for now, but we'll see how he does without his 2 shadows this season.

Most Feared Physically: Cowher, do you really want to get in the way of that chin. :D