[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

AFC North

godtomsatan

Who wins it?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins it?

• Baltimore
    • Cincinnati
    • Cleveland
    • Pittsburgh

If I was to make a power ranking, Balt and Pitt would both be top 5. I don't know that either has a better team. If they played 10 times, I'd expect them to be 5-5.

I voted Baltimore, mostly based on the schedule. Pitt has one of the harder schedules in the league IMO. They have a lot of tough road games this year, but last year the road was very easy. To me, its not that they are significantly lessened in talent (although they are somewhat), just that the road is much harder than last year. I'll be amazed if they hit 11-5.

Baltimore, on the other hand, has improved its overall team and the schedule isn't too bad. No the D isn't what it once was, but if they just get something of an air attack, they will be very dangerous.

Cincy still doesn't have the chops to compete with either IMO, they can compete for a wild card.

And I just laugh at the Browns.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At least my obnoxious homerism is directed to my ONE team Swerski.

912117[/snapback]

What the fu@k do you care if I follow more than one team? And who the fu@k died and made you the Enforcer of Fandom Rules? My God, get a life.

I'd rather follow more than one team than be a obnoxious poem-writing jacka$$ homer.

By the way, just to clear things up are you a die-hard Bears fan ?

Yes, and a bandwagon Colts fan as well. Not that you should care or anything. :D

BTW, the Steelers may have been the first AFC team to go 15-1, but the Bears also did it back in '85.   :D

912007[/snapback]

15-1, Big deal. In 89, The Cowboys went 1-15, now that's hard too do.... :D

Go Browns

Edited by JoJoTheWebToedBoy

What the fu@k do you care if I follow more than one team?  And who the fu@k died and made you the Enforcer of Fandom Rules?  My God, get a life.

I'd rather follow more than one team than be a obnoxious poem-writing jacka$$ homer.

Yes, and a bandwagon Colts fan as well.  Not that you should care or anything.  :D

912253[/snapback]

Wow, sorry dude, we have gone back and fourth on this time in the past in a needling, joking manner. I guess I crossed the line.... my bad...

Wow, sorry dude, we have gone back and fourth on this time in the past in a needling, joking manner.  I guess I crossed the line.... my bad...

912326[/snapback]

That's the point. It's the same tired crap from you at all times. People are sick of it.

That's the point.  It's the same tired crap from you at all times.  People are sick of it.

912343[/snapback]

Sorry, was just having fun. What is the deal around here today? :D

Edited by Menudo

Wow, sorry dude, we have gone back and fourth on this time in the past in a needling, joking manner.  I guess I crossed the line.... my bad...

912326[/snapback]

Yeah, that joke got a bit old after the fourth or fifth time.

Apologies for my outburst and no hard feelings.

Yeah, that joke got a bit old after the fourth or fifth time.

Apologies for my outburst and no hard feelings.

912355[/snapback]

I apologize for killing that joke and I agree, no hard feelings.

Yeah, especially since the great pit-rats just fell behind my woeful Reds.  Now THAT'S pathetic baseball.  Are the Pirates the Golden-State Warriors of Baseball?

912396[/snapback]

The Pirates are pathetic, and not even close to a playoff contender, but they do it at a much cheaper price than some other teams who also never see the post-season. Until baseball comes up with some sort of a salary cap, I'll never be able to fully respect the sport, which is sad, because I love the game.

If I was to make a power ranking, Balt and Pitt would both be top 5.  I don't know that either has a better team.  If they played 10 times, I'd expect them to be 5-5.

I voted Baltimore, mostly based on the schedule.  Pitt has one of the harder schedules in the league IMO.  They have a lot of tough road games this year, but last year the road was very easy.  To me, its not that they are significantly lessened in talent (although they are somewhat), just that the road is much harder than last year.  I'll be amazed if they hit 11-5.

Baltimore, on the other hand, has improved its overall team and the schedule isn't too bad.  No the D isn't what it once was, but if they just get something of an air attack, they will be very dangerous.

Cincy still doesn't have the chops to compete with either IMO, they can compete for a wild card. 

And I just laugh at the Browns.

912182[/snapback]

actually the steelers technically have an easier schedule http://www.fftoday.com/sos/sos.htm

not by much, only 6 spots.. but they do edge out the ravens in this category. and i agree.. just laugh at the browns :D

actually the steelers technically have an easier schedule http://www.fftoday.com/sos/sos.htm

not by much, only 6 spots..  but they do edge out the ravens in this category.  and i agree..  just laugh at the browns :D

912683[/snapback]

Strength of schedule is a useless tool IMO. Just look at the road games between last year and this year. I think its pretty obvious.

BTW, the Steelers may have been the first AFC team to go 15-1, but the Bears also did it back in '85.  :D

912007[/snapback]

And the Vikings did it in 1998, lost in the NFC Championship game, and rebounded the following year with a 10-6 campaign.

Until baseball comes up with some sort of a salary cap, I'll never be able to fully respect the sport, which is sad, because I love the game.

912422[/snapback]

Explain the Oakland A's and the Minnesota Twins? Your Pirates, just like the Royals, Brewers, and Devil Rays are just poorly run organizations. Economic disparities have little to do with why your team's suck year in and year out.

Explain the Oakland A's and the Minnesota Twins? Your Pirates, just like the Royals, Brewers, and Devil Rays are just poorly run organizations. Economic disparities have little to do with why your team's suck year in and year out.

912895[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong, the Pirates are a poorly run organization, I completely agree. However, to say enonomic disparities don't effect baseball is one of the most laughable statements I've seen. The left side of the Yankees infield make more money this year than the entire Pirates 25-Man roster. You are going to tell me that is fair ? Of course teams with less money CAN do well, but the fact is that teams are not on an even playing field to begin with. Like I said, that is not to defend my Pirates who have been a pathetic organization for over a decade, it is just stating the shame that baseball has become.

I picked the Steelers. Part of that is the homer in me doing so. I think this will be a tough one to predict. The Steelers are a pretty solid team and I am not going to go over the details that already have been covered in this thread. The Ravens are going to be right up there too. If Boller can get the O going they could be tough to beat. The Bungles could indeed sneak up on people and could surprise the league if everything clicks in Cinci. I dont see the Browns in contention this year.

All I know is I can't wait for the season to start!!!! I want to see how it all works out.

The fact that there were some good debates in this thread all brings us to one great thing ...

It Must Be Football Season!! :D

Don't get me wrong, the Pirates are a poorly run organization, I completely agree.  However, to say enonomic disparities don't effect baseball is one of the most laughable statements I've seen.  The left side of the Yankees infield make more money this year than the entire Pirates 25-Man roster.  You are going to tell me that is fair ?  Of course teams with less money CAN do well, but the fact is that teams are not on an even playing field to begin with.  Like I said, that is not to defend my Pirates who have been a pathetic organization for over a decade, it is just stating the shame that baseball has become.

913034[/snapback]

Not that GTS needs my defense, but I don't think that's what he's saying at all. Of course the small-market teams are at a disadvantage, but they have been so consitently bad for so long they are obviously a pizz-poor organization. When other small-market teams can at least drum up a couple .500 plus seasons in a decade you've got to know your management, farm system and front-office just stinks. Like I said, the Warriors of baseball...

Damn Menudo, you are the homerist of homers. But hey, I can respect that. Tell the truth, you saw that story about the dead guy being put up in his easy chair watching the steelers and thought "Hey, I gotta make sure my wife sees this!", didn't you? :D

Not that GTS needs my defense, but I don't think that's what he's saying at all.  Of course the small-market teams are at a disadvantage, but they have been so consitently bad for so long they are obviously a pizz-poor organization.  When other small-market teams can at least drum up a couple .500 plus seasons in a decade you've got to know your management, farm system and front-office just stinks.  Like I said, the Warriors of baseball...

Damn Menudo, you are the homerist of homers.  But hey, I can respect that.  Tell the truth, you saw that story about the dead guy being put up in his easy chair watching the steelers and thought "Hey, I gotta make sure my wife sees this!", didn't you? :D

913296[/snapback]

As for the funeral guy, you got me pegged. :D As for the Pirates, how many times do I have to admit that they are a pathetic organization ?? :D

Pittsburgh homer all the way. Burgh fans have been spoiled with great and good teams for a long time. It has been quite awhile since we have been labeled a "bad" team. Trust me, I live in Arizona and have seen what a consistently bad team is all about.

Tell you the truth, another division title means nothing to me. I will never be satisfied with anything less than the Super Bowl championship. I do enjoy every game, but anything less than a championship is just another season. That is a result of the consistent success and ultimate choking every time we get close.

The Steelers/Ravens rivalary has been my favorite since the Browns left town. Great $hit talking between players and fans, and always a great 60 minutes of football. I look forward to the Ravens games more than any other. This year will be no exception. darn I hate that Ray Lewis.

Being a true Stiller fan, I cannot say that I think the Ravens will win the division. I do think it will be close, but in the end, it will be Steelers/Ravens/Bengals/Brownies.

Lets let the homers be homers, the realists be realists, and enjoy the season that is starting off in a few hours.

Pittsburgh homer all the way.  Burgh fans have been spoiled with great and good teams for a long time.  It has been quite awhile since we have been labeled a "bad" team.  Trust me, I live in Arizona and have seen what a consistently bad team is all about.

Tell you the truth, another division title means nothing to me.  I will never be satisfied with anything less than the Super Bowl championship.  I do enjoy every game, but anything less than a championship is just another season.  That is a result of the consistent success and ultimate choking every time we get close.

The Steelers/Ravens rivalary has been my favorite since the Browns left town.  Great $hit talking between players and fans, and always a great 60 minutes of football.  I look forward to the Ravens games more than any other.  This year will be no exception.  darn I hate that Ray Lewis.

Being a true Stiller fan, I cannot say that I think the Ravens will win the division.  I do think it will be close, but in the end, it will be Steelers/Ravens/Bengals/Brownies.

Lets let the homers be homers, the realists be realists, and enjoy the season that is starting off in a few hours.

913382[/snapback]

Great post :D I love the rivalry with the Baltimore fans on this board, and was truly just having fun in this thread.