[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Couple observations

pedroz13

1 -- Boller is terrible. Seriously, he sucks. His INT was hilarious. He stared down his WR and threw it right to the LB. I mean what kind of sh** is that? He's not a rookie anymore. I mean if Peyton does something like that, you know that he must seriously have just had a brain fart or something. BUT when Boller does it (a guy who has yet to prove himself worthy of a first round pick), its just business as usual. Billick has to give up on the Boller dreams at some point.

2 -- Eli Manning's pass to Burress was beautiful. This kid is going to be a star....SOMEDAY. But it won't be this year. No way NYG is anywhere near the playoffs this year. Eli will have flashes of brilliance throughout the season though.

3 -- Losman is horrible, for now. It will hurt McGahee, Lee Evans and Moulds a lot and I wouldn't draft McGahee personally until maybe the 3rd round simply because of Losman. I don't get how (I realize I am not at Bills camp) they gave up Bledsoe for this kid so quickly. I understand McGahee over Henry from looking at the season as a whole, but the only throws I saw Losman make last year were a pass right to the LB in the Patriots game (I believe?) and a fumble. That was his day.

But thats just me, offering up some drunk observations.

Losman is horrible, for now.  It will hurt McGahee, Lee Evans and Moulds a lot and I wouldn't draft McGahee personally until maybe the 3rd round simply because of Losman.

926580[/snapback]

I wish McGahee was available in the 3rd round.

1 -- Boller is terrible.

3 -- Losman is horrible, for now.

But thats just me, offering up some drunk observations.

926580[/snapback]

4 -- Leftwich is every bit as terrible as Boller. I'm glad he had four great games last year in shootouts against againt three of the league's worst defenses, but don't let the stats fool you. The Jags may have a new coaching staff on the offensive side of the ball, but it's not going to help as long as Leftwich is behind center. He has no pocket presence (he was sacked at least four times), doesn't make his reads quickly enough, and tends to lock on one receiver (Jimmy Smith).

For those of you that have Reggie Williams pegged as a sleeper, don't waste your time. He's going to continue sleeping until we get a better QB under center.

The Panthers starters looked good, and the O line appers to be gelling. Gardner seems to be grasping the O, and how about Henning opening the game with two straight passes??? Smith looked back to his normal self-a little rusty, but that will come off-Peace PD.

One small cavet in Boller's defense on the pick.

It was former Ravens player, LB Ed Hartwell, who intercepted Boller and in an interview after the game, he said he KNEW the play. Gift interception.

Atlanta's D did look good though. 1st , 2nd and even the 3rd stringers all performed well. 1st string D was really a pleasure to watch and they didn't even have Kerney playing (nursing sore groin).

CB Jason Webster made a nice play in the endzone on Clarence Moore, with which he's probably assured himself of a roster spot. High pass with Moore in front of him, but Webster was able to time his leap perfectly and punch it out of Moore's hands. Pretty amazing play considering it was a tall pass to the 6'6" Moore & Webster is only 5'10". Baltimore had to settle for the Field Goal and their only score in the game. For whatever reason, over at NFL.com the full play by play lists Heard as making that play, but I can assure you, it was Webster.

Roddy White looked decent. Got his ankle tangled up in a tackle from behind late in the game. Later I saw him walking along the sidelines to the trainers room without a limp.

Oh yeah!

T.O. is NOT in the Bahamas working on his tan like he said he would be. He was in the stands at the game.

Broncos - Texans game:

Denver had a nice 4-down goaline stand from the ONE yd line. Shut down Dominick Davis totally.

Steven Alexander caught a TD pass, and a poorly thrown one at that.

Denver rb's didn't do squat. Mike Anderson started, then Bell came in.

Jerry Rice caught one ball, and got a look in the endzone, but the ball was overthrown.

WR Darrius Watts continues his inconsistent play. Catching some, dropping some.

Backup qb Bradlee Van Pelt looked pretty good. If he keeps playing at the same level as last night, he should be the lock for the number 2 spot behind Plummer. And don't think that the fans in Denver won't be calling for him to start sometime this season after Plummer starts throwing INTs----he's a local kid, played at Colorado State, and everybody loves him.

That's all I got. :D

The Panthers starters looked good, and the O line appers to be gelling. Gardner seems to be grasping the O, and how about Henning opening the game with two straight passes??? Smith looked back to his normal self-a little rusty, but that will come off-Peace PD.

926668[/snapback]

With Gardner now on the team, Colbert in his second year, and Smith back from injury, Delhomme should have another great season. This is probably the last year that he's going to come cheap in Fantasy drafts. I expect him to be firmly entrenched as a Top Ten FFL QB by this time next year.

The local paper today says Roddy has a high ankle sprain.

926712[/snapback]

High ankle sprains usually take a while to heal, so I'm betting he will miss time. Porbably won't be a factor until mid season....if then.

:D Paging Mr. Price. :D Paging Mr. Price.

Please step up to the plate this year, because you just got your starting spot gift wrapped and handed back to you.

High ankle sprains usually take a while to heal, so I'm betting he will miss time. Porbably won't be a factor until mid season....if then.

:D Paging Mr. Price.  :D Paging Mr. Price.

Please step up to the plate this year, because you just got your starting spot gift wrapped and handed back to you.

926728[/snapback]

This is sweet news to Price owners. But even sweeter would be if Philly comes a' knockin'

Saturday's :D

1. Panther's offense- Looked really ready to play. Gardner is going to surprise I think. Lefors should challenge sooner than later for the #2.

2. Eli to Burress combo could be ok, or at least better than we all thought.

3. Kurt Warner highlights looked good, and I like the #'s put up by Fitzgerald.

Saturday's :D

1. Losman sucks. Period.

2. SF offensive line. Barlow and Smith didn't have a prayer in the first quarter.

3. Tatum Bell, 4 carries for 6 yards was it? It was bad.

Observations from the Raider vs 49er game:

Raiders offensive line was giving Collins all day to throw and he was barely touched throughout the 1st quarter.

Jordan looked good in his limited action, he had a few good runs but was stopped in the backfield on one of them. More importantly he showed that he can catch the ball out of the backfield. He had 4 receptions for 23 yards (he had one 1-hand snag that he seemed to catch with ease)

Moss was used as a decoy and had 1 catch...most likely wont be featured until the season starts

Time of possession was like 22:30 minutes to 7:30 in the first half favoring the Raiders. Norv definitely displayed he tendency to want to control the clock.

The 1st team defense looked improved. Came out in the 4-3 (instead of the 3-4 like they did last year, 3-4 doesnt fit their personel). Sapp was the first to sack Alex Smith and the run defense looked pretty strong with their 4-man front (Hamilton, Washington, Sapp, Kelly). Hopefully Ryan sticks with the 4-3 this year.

The 49ers second and third string looked much better than the Raiders and gave Tui problems (threw an INT that went back for a TD). The Raiders two rookie corners (Stoudt and Washington) looked terrible and were burnt a couple times.

THe Raiders second string defensive line couldnt pressure Rattay like the 1st string pressured Smith in the 1st quarter.

Rattay had plenty of time to throw playing against the Raiders 2nd stringers. He threw some nice TDs to Brandon Lloyd and Arnez Battle. Brandon Lloyd looked good.

Walters looked good in his comeback effort and threw a nice TD in the back of the endzone after being chased out of the pocket by the 49ers. He had a couple INTs but 1 was a tip and another was a desperation throw with the clock winding down. Walters is the real deal and I expect him to move up to 2nd on the depth chart by the 3rd preseason game.

Edited by Return Of S&B

This is sweet news to Price owners.  But even sweeter would be if Philly comes a' knockin'

926733[/snapback]

With the news of the high ankle sprain to Roddy White, even if Philly did come a' knockin', they probably wouldn't get Price now. Maybe Dez White or Finneran?

I can definitely tell you this, in any trade scenario of a Falcons WR to Philly, T.O. would not be part of the equation. No way, no how will Art Blank relieve Philly of that cancer. Philly has got that malignant turd all to themselves.

Brandon Jacobs is a beast.

So there I was, at the bar casually watching the Giants-Browns scrimmage when in come #27.

I was reading 6'4" 267 so I'm thinking a Jerome Bettis type body. Only taller

Wrong.

This kid is lean. And fast. And good. Wow.

I wish McGahee was available in the 3rd round.

926585[/snapback]

Yes, this is my point...I think personally I'll let someone else grab him in the end of the first round or early second round. I do think he could be a stud, but I don't trust Losman.

Guest THEbigred

- Ramsey looked pretty good. (honest!)

- Plummer looked very good IMO. I can't believe I'm saying this considering how much I've ripped on him, but I wouldn't mind him as my starter.

- Palmer looked iffy/inconsistent.

- Losman....shall we say needs work. Nice pass to Evans for a TD though.

- Vick looked about as I'd expect. Unimpressive/overrated. Had his moments, but inconsistent.

- Orton should be the starter in CHI.

- Warner: man he looked crisp. If (I say if) he stays healthy.....big potential there...

- R Williams....I couldn't believe that was him, he looked so "smallish." Looked pretty average too, stats are misleading, although he did have a decent burst to the outside. (QBs sucked also; I pity Fin fans)

- Matt Jones: nice catch in the end zone. If that's a sign of things to come he will be a great red zone target.