[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Look at my Roster" postings

conehead116

For three years I have been seeing these "look at my roster," or "evaluate my roster" posts and wondering if anybody else finds this as useless. My apologies if this offends anyone, but what exactly is the purpose of this other than to validate your prowess or placate your insecurites. I don't care if you have the best roster ever or the worst, it does not add anything of value to this forum to post it here.

Can anyone explain this phenomenon to me?

:D:D ::D

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like when kids do something they are proud of and want to show their parents...they want confirmation that they did a good job.  So to all those insecure huddlers...good job!  You're roster is awesome! :D

973187[/snapback]

I disagree.

Another thing.  Don't ask me to rate your team.  For the most part, it sucks. 

955718[/snapback]

I do find some use for them, sometimes.

If there is some thought in the post they'll include draft position, league size, scoring req., round they drafted players, and some insight as to why and what other choices they had (that's what I did anyway), then I see it as another mock example.

If someone else had the 5th pick in a 10 team and took Manning I'd be interested in seeing there team in case I'm contemplating the same thing.

But posting rosters with no information or thought, or posting a stacked roster because you drafted against "slows" is a waste of time IMO.

:D

the best responses to these threads are Grits and Shins....

973145[/snapback]

Yeah, the first time he did it it was almost funny. After about the 300th time, it's become more annoying than the posts themselves.

If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em. They're in the Advice Forum where they belong.

If there is some thought in the post they'll include draft position, league size, scoring req., round they drafted players, and some insight as to why and what other choices they had (that's what I did anyway), then I see it as another mock example.

If someone else had the 5th pick in a 10 team and took Manning I'd be interested in seeing there team in case I'm contemplating the same thing.

But posting rosters with no information or thought, or posting a stacked roster because you drafted against "slows" is a waste of time IMO.

973239[/snapback]

I agree. I'm just waiting for the second one like yours was. :D

973239[/snapback]

You will notice that I rarely 'rate' one of those and even contribute my own in that fashion ...

For three years I have been seeing these "look at my roster," or "evaluate my roster" posts and wondering if anybody else finds this as useless. My apologies if this offends anyone, but what exactly is the purpose of this other than to validate your prowess or placate your insecurites. I don't care if you have the best roster ever or the worst, it does not add anything of value to this forum to post it here.

:D  :D  ::D

973134[/snapback]

I totally agree...a complete waste of time...insecure mental midgets that need to either show off the fact they they drafted in a 6 team league with 5 other "challenged" individuals or find some comfort in fellow huddlers thinking they will not stink as bad as the rest of their competitive league thinks they well...that being said what do you think of my team this year?

Ok, how about rate my matchup? Who wins? :D

QB Matt Hasselbeck

RB Shaun Alexander

RB Steven Jackson

WR Chad Johnson

WR Michael Clayton

WR Ashley Lelie

TE Dallas Clark

PK Josh Brown

DT Bills

vs.

QB Trent Green

RB Deuce McAllister

RB Warrick Dunn

WR Randy Moss

WR Keary Colbert

WR Nate Burleson

TE Stephen Alexander

PK Jeff Wilkins

DT Bucs

Yeah, the first time he did it it was almost funny. After about the 300th time, it's become more annoying than the posts themselves.

If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em. They're in the Advice Forum where they belong.

973249[/snapback]

Hugh hitting the nail squarely on the head. :D

Ok, how about rate my matchup? Who wins?  :D

QB Matt Hasselbeck

RB Shaun Alexander

RB Steven Jackson

WR Chad Johnson

WR Michael Clayton

WR Ashley Lelie

TE Dallas Clark

PK Josh Brown

DT Bills

vs.

QB Trent Green

RB Deuce McAllister

RB Warrick Dunn

WR Randy Moss

WR Keary Colbert

WR Nate Burleson

TE Stephen Alexander

PK Jeff Wilkins

DT Bucs

973294[/snapback]

The top team wins fairly comfortably

Ok, how about rate my matchup? Who wins?  :D

973294[/snapback]

Those I do hate. At least with the "rate my team" posts you can sometimes find a hole in someones roster and give them advice on possible ways to address that hole, but the "who wins?" posts are completely useless. Are we all supposed to be psychics now or something? The best team does not always win. Just wait until the weekend is over and see for yourself you impatient bastages.

Edited by Skrappy1

That whole If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em doen't seem to hold water when the WDIS posts show up on the main forum.

They are totally worthless posts where the originator simply wants his ego stroked. Nobody cares about their teams but them.

Furthermore they push the WDIS and other posts that forum was intended for down and off the page.

I fail to see how my response to these types of threads bothers anybody but the originator of the thread ... shouldn't you be in If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em mode?

That whole If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em doen't seem to hold water when the WDIS posts show up on the main forum.

They are totally worthless posts where the originator simply wants his ego stroked.  Nobody cares about their teams but them.

Furthermore they push the WDIS and other posts that forum was intended for down and off the page.

I fail to see how my response to these types of threads bothers anybody but the originator of the thread ... shouldn't you be in If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em mode?

973315[/snapback]

They are totally worthless posts where the originator simply wants his ego stroked.  Nobody cares about their teams but them.

973315[/snapback]

It bothers me because you're on some mission to be a complete tool for how many years in a row now? :D:D

Let me add...it doesn't bother me that you're on a mission, or looking to be a tool....it is what it is. :D

Edited by gilthorp

:D  :D  ::D

973134[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly.

The way I see it:

YOU pay YOUR money. YOU draft YOUR team based on who YOU think will score YOU the most points. YOU have to live with YOUR decisions.

Why would the first thing YOU do after drafting YOUR team be seek approval/disapproval from people YOU do not know? Dont YOU value YOUR own thought process and decision making abilities more than some anonymous user on a message board? If someone says YOU have an awesome team, does that mean YOU do? If someone says YOUR team sucks, can/are YOU going to call a do-over and re-draft?

Prepare yourself. Draft your team. Start the guys you think will score the most. Dont worry what I think. :D