[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Look at my Roster" postings

conehead116

That whole If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em doen't seem to hold water when the WDIS posts show up on the main forum.

They are totally worthless posts where the originator simply wants his ego stroked. Nobody cares about their teams but them.

Furthermore they push the WDIS and other posts that forum was intended for down and off the page.

I fail to see how my response to these types of threads bothers anybody but the originator of the thread ... shouldn't you be in If you don't like 'em, don't read 'em mode?

i give this a 10.56

Edited by Yukon Cornelius

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that there is a large degree of people looking for validation when they post a "Rate My Draft" but I also agree with the thought that if done correctly (i.e. listing scoring, round taken etc as stated before) these can provide a small mock draft helper prior to a draft and advice whould be sought on possible ways to upgrade through trade and waivers.

No question these should be limited to the Advice Forum....

Teenage boy: Did you have one?

Teenage girl: I don't know. I think so.

Kids. If you have to ask, you don't have one. When you have one you'll know it. But nobody else really cares. And nobody will get quite the joy out of it that you will.

:D

I cannot imagine why somebody would ask for advice about their fantasy football team in a fantasy football forum...makes no sense...:D

could it be that most of those posters are relatively new to fantasy football and would like constructive criticism of their picks from people that have played longer...:D

I see nothing wrong with them...in fact, I'd rather read those than the really useless posts that put them down... :D

:D

I cannot imagine why somebody would ask for advice about their fantasy football team in a fantasy football forum...makes no sense...:D

could it be that most of those posters are relatively new to fantasy football and would like constructive criticism of their picks from people that have played longer...:D

I see nothing wrong with them...in fact, I'd rather read those than the really useless posts that put them down... :D

974044[/snapback]

Yet you apparently did read this posts that questions their validity. :doah:

If you were actually trying to find constructive criticism, wouldn't you go to the "Advice" forum? :D

My original question was aimed towards posts that are written in the form "Look who I got," not "How could I have improved my draft." Big difference in the tone of the two.

It's kinda like asking your buddies what they think about your new girlfriend. It's pointless. Your buddies don't have to live with her. You picked her. What the hell do you care if they think she's ugly. Will you get rid of her if they don't like her?

And if they happen to have inside information that she is a worthless skank, they might not even bother to tell you the truth. And even if they do you probably won't believe them.

I totally agree...a complete waste of time...insecure mental midgets that need to either show off the fact they they drafted in a 6 team league with 5 other "challenged" individuals or find some comfort in fellow huddlers thinking they will not stink as bad as the rest of their competitive league thinks they well...that being said what do you think of my team this year?

973288[/snapback]

No kidding! There's something just a little "It's BIG, isn't it, Baby?" about the whole thing. If you have to ask....

Edited to add: not that I've ever asked anyone that (ahem)...

Edited by Bonehand

Do you have any FF teams left?

973401[/snapback]

I am down to one this year, and frankly, I am surprised at how well I think I did in the draft, with much less prep than usual. I am pretty hopeful I can make the playoffs with it.

Wanna see it? :D

Furthermore they push the WDIS and other posts that forum was intended for down and off the page.

973315[/snapback]

Does any see the ironic aspect of this statement?

I totally agree...a complete waste of time...insecure mental midgets that need to either show off the fact they they drafted in a 6 team league with 5 other "challenged" individuals or find some comfort in fellow huddlers thinking they will not stink as bad as the rest of their competitive league thinks they well...that being said what do you think of my team this year?

973288[/snapback]

As a Kung-fu Midget... I may take umbrage to that comment. :D

But I don't... as I agree with what you're saying...