[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LaMont Jordan Owners

Vet

What you saw last night is what you're going to get all season.  18 carries, 70 yards.  A few impressive runs, and alot of nadas.  Zack Crockett carrying the ball in the 2nd half while LaMont catches his breath and nurses his leg cramps.

I'm sure he'll score 6 or 7 TDs, and he may break one or two long runs on a draw play against the Chiefs or some other lame defensive team.

But any of you who drafted him high are going to be sorely disappointed.  :D

977988[/snapback]

As I recall, he also had a couple catches for about 30 yards. So thats a 100 yard game against one of the best defenses in the league. No TD, but for a fantasy 2nd RB, that's still a solid game.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of you who watched the game last night, how many noticed the stellar late 3rd and 4th quarter game plan of the Raiders? Down 9 with whole quarter to play, seemed that Collins and the Oak coaching staff had only one thing on their minds and that was throwing Hail Mary's 30-50 yrds down field to Moss in triple coverage. While Jordan was swinging out of the back field wide open in the flats. I have both Moss and Jordan so I just wanted to see yards, Collins just seemed to want to show off his fargn' arm, play'n chuck...chuck rather than moving the ball. With so many DB's down field covering the WR sure seemed like the smart thing to do would have been working underneath. :D

I remember when I was laughed at for saying that Jordan is a better reciever than Curtis. He is, OK, not by a lot, but he is. If he didn't get leg cramps, he would have rushed for 100, most likely. Oakland still had time to run the ball in the third Quarter, especially when the D backs off the way NE did. They were much more preoccupied with Moss, and that will continue to be the case in most games. In addition, I really don't think the Raiders can have much success just airing the ball out all the time without establishing some running game, based on the poor protection the offensive line afforded Collins. Even when the Pats rushed only 3 in the second half, they were all over the backfield. Remeber the play where Gallery got pancaked by Seymour, and still got a holding penalty?

Jordan had 23 touches for a combined 110 yards, and I suspect he will have more than that on a regular basis. The TD's will come. Turner will run the ball this year, and Jordan owners will be pretty happy with him. Yes, I have Jordan in one league as my #2 RB, after taking P Manning in the first round, and getting Jordan in the third. I saw nothing last night to make me regret the pick.

And you know this because of his 268 career carries as a Jet, right?

He is a backup being put into a starters role for the first time in his career. Of course there will be fatigue early on. He was also rushing against a very good defense. When Jordan gets in better game shape, and has good matchups, he will put up solid #2 RB numbers. He's big, he can run, he can catch. Even with the tough matchup and conditioning problems he had 110 total yards. Not too bad.

977998[/snapback]

exactly---give hime 2-3 weeks to build his stamina and look out--as well, i am pretty sure that will be the toughest defense he faces this year, defending champs, on their home turf, season opener, prime time---c'mon----save this post original poster 1100 rush, 350 receiving and 12 TD's --bank on it

his carries might suffer with Oakland playing catchup every week. but he looked good to me. that first TD pass to Anderson looked like Jordan would of got in if they indeed ran it.

the one thing that i would be afraid of is his bad conditioning. Taking breathers with 18 carries seemed lame to me. I'm not sure how fast these NFL players get in shape, but I imagine it's not easy.

I remember when I was laughed at for saying that Jordan is a better reciever than Curtis. He is, OK, not by a lot, but he is. If he didn't get leg cramps, he would have rushed for 100, most likely. Oakland still had time to run the ball in the third Quarter, especially when the D backs off the way NE did. They were much more preoccupied with Moss, and that will continue to be the case in most games. In addition, I really don't think the Raiders can have much success just airing the ball out all the time without establishing some running game, based on the poor protection the offensive line afforded Collins. Even when the Pats rushed only 3 in the second half, they were all over the backfield. Remeber the play where Gallery got pancaked by Seymour, and still got a holding penalty? 

Jordan had 23 touches for a combined 110 yards, and I suspect he will have more than that on a regular basis. The TD's will come. Turner will run the ball this year, and Jordan owners will be pretty happy with him. Yes, I have Jordan in one league as my #2 RB, after taking P Manning in the first round, and getting Jordan in the third. I saw nothing last night to make me regret the pick.

978650[/snapback]

there was no reason to regret taking Jordan or Collins...I have both and want R Moss if I can get him...

I almost had him...but I lunched on the basis that the pat's would shut him down and could get him definately after week 1...

there goes that idea...

his carries might suffer with Oakland playing catchup every week.  but he looked good to me.  that first TD pass to Anderson looked like Jordan would of got in if they indeed ran it. 

the one thing that i would be afraid of is his bad conditioning.  Taking breathers with 18 carries seemed lame to me.  I'm not sure how fast these NFL players get in shape, but I imagine it's not easy.

979044[/snapback]

i don't think it was conditioning. i'm pretty sure i heard dehydration and cramps. just didn't get enough fluids before and during the game. gotta suck in more than you want to keep hydrated. living in florida and golfing you learn this lesson. thats with a cart, i can't imagine walking.

As said before - 110 total yds against a very good D "sucks"?

Methinks Vet is beating his chest about his genius far too early.

979449[/snapback]

Hey look L.Jordan only got 110 yds combined against NE, he sucks :D

Seriously speaking, Vet must be glad that Jordan won't unseat Martin this year. Grandpa Martin will eventually get hurt this year, won't be able to take the punishment.

The one thing I noticed about Lamont Jordan in the opener was that he wasn't finishing off his runs. I don't know how many times he turned around backwards and tried to plow forward with his back. It looked weird. Put you head down man, and make those yards. I thought Jordan looked good for a #2 back. I was surprised he didn't get more passes in the second half, but Collins was clearly determined to throw it to Moss come hell or high water. The Raiders pass defense is AWFUL. That should translate to some garbage-time catches for Lamont, but will also effect his rushing carries/yardage. And I wonder if Oakland will pass as much inside the five as Minny did when Moss was there. That would cut into his TD totals. . .

Edited by CaptainHook

It amuses me to watch you Jordan owners scramble around trying to justify your pick.  If you got him in the 5th round or below or if he's your #3 RB, so be it - he's a good back-up.  If you got him in round 3 or higher or if god forbid he's your #1 or #2 back, you're screwed.

Yes, Hugh, I'm basing it on his 268 career carries as a Jet.  Plus his 17 carries as a Raider.  I don't know what else to base it on other than having personally watched every carry the guy has had as a professional football player.

And the Jets may lose to the Chiefs on Sunday (I doubt it, but it could happen) - but it will not be because of anything the Chiefs defense does.  It will be because they simply get outscored.

978502[/snapback]

Vet just curious as to why you think he was that poor this week? This is the NE defense although slightly weaker in defense than the last two years still very strong. They hardly ever give up 100 yard rushers. Yes, the two TDs may be saying something about his ability to punch it in, or maybe it was the genius of Turner to go against what others thought and ended up putting two TDs in. I just think you are being a little biased based on his non-performance in NJ. 70yrds/rush and 40yrds/rec against the Pats is quality for any RB. I'd still take him as my #2 RB. Just in case you're trying to yell at me for justifying my pick my team is at the bottom.

The one thing I noticed about Lamont Jordan in the opener was that he wasn't finishing off his runs.  I don't know how many times he turned around backwards and tried to plow forward with his back.  It looked weird.  Put you head down man, and make those yards.  I thought Jordan looked good for a #2 back.  I was surprised he didn't get more passes in the second half, but Collins was clearly determined to throw it to Moss come hell or high water.  The Raiders pass defense is AWFUL.  That should translate to some garbage-time catches for Lamont, but will also effect his rushing carries/yardage.  And I wonder if Oakland will pass as much inside the five as Minny did when Moss was there.  That would cut into his TD totals. . .

979647[/snapback]

That's what I'm talk'n about! :D I love Moss took him with 1.07 with a chours of :D from the other owners. I said the same :D when they stuck me with Duce at 2.04. Anyway, I digress, I'm coutin' on RM, but Jordon (4.04) was wide open for 10+ yd gains from the end of the 3rd qtr on :D . Personally, I thind Oak Coaching staff lost sight of keeping the game within winning distance and played into Patriot's hands.

Vet just curious as to why you think he was that poor this week?  This is the NE defense although slightly weaker in defense than the last two years still very strong.  They hardly ever give up 100 yard rushers.  Yes, the two TDs may be saying something about his ability to punch it in, or maybe it was the genius of Turner to go against what others thought and ended up putting two TDs in.  I just think you are being a little biased based on his non-performance in NJ.  70yrds/rush and 40yrds/rec against the Pats is quality for any RB.  I'd still take him as my #2 RB.  Just in case you're trying to yell at me for justifying my pick my team is at the bottom.

979701[/snapback]

I didn't say he was poor. I said if you drafted him highly and expect him to put up big FF numbers, I think you're going to be disappointed. I think what you saw Thursday night is about what you'll get from him on average over the course of the year - with a couple of big games thrown in against the Chiefs or some other weak defensive team.

And for what it's worth, I loved Jordan when he was with the Jets and would have liked to have seen them keep him. It was a bit disappointing when he showed up for camp fat and out of shape every year, but he was a good change-of-pace back and was good at spelling Martin for a few plays here and there while the old man caught his breath. But there is no way I would have given him starting RB money to stay and there is no way I would have drafted him as anything other than a back-up on my fantasy team.

Just one man's opinion. I'll either be proven right or wrong over the next 16 weeks.

I think what you saw Thursday night is about what you'll get from him on average over the course of the year - with a couple of big games thrown in against the Chiefs or some other weak defensive team.

979742[/snapback]

Well, 110 total yards x 16 games = 1760 total yards. Throw in a few big games (like you said above) and he nears 2000 total yards. Let's just add in a low guess of 8 TDs for the season. Are you saying you wouldn't be happy with Lamont as your RB2 with those stats? If so, what kind of stats do you expect your RB2 to have?

he had 5 rec. for 40 yds....

that is what I drafted him for...he played a top defense that shuts down the run and still put up 20 pts on my bench...

the pts for receiving he got was 13...got the other 7 on his rushing yds....

imagine if he got a TD...I would have kicked myself for not starting him..

oh...and he played the patriots....I guess Brian Westbrook sucks too...

978017[/snapback]

yep, glad I have Jordan on one of my teams. I thought Oakland did pretty well against NE @ NE considering the number of stupid penalties they made and that int really put them in a hole. I think Jordan will get plenty of yards, catches and TD's this year. He will be solid as expected. The person I am most concerned about and I dont even really like OAK is Collins. As Collins goes so go the Raiders.

yep, glad I have Jordan on one of my teams.  I thought Oakland did pretty well against NE @ NE considering the number of stupid penalties they made and that int really put them in a hole.  I think Jordan will get plenty of yards, catches and TD's this year.  He will be solid as expected.  The person I am most concerned about and I dont even really like OAK is Collins.  As Collins goes so go the Raiders.

979862[/snapback]

Collins seemed a little too jumpy the other night....

It appeared he wanted to show the rapport he has with Moss by feeding him the ball and keeping him happy on primetime...

I guarantee we'll see more throws to the other wideouts :D ...especially when Gabriel comes back...

The one thing I noticed about Lamont Jordan in the opener was that he wasn't finishing off his runs.  I don't know how many times he turned around backwards and tried to plow forward with his back.  It looked weird.  Put you head down man, and make those yards.  I thought Jordan looked good for a #2 back. 

979647[/snapback]

I'm glad you brought this up because I was thinking the same thing. I didn't see it so much as weird as showing inexperience. The reason he ended up trying to run backward is because he was using spin moves in the hole and in traffic. That works in the open field but it's just plain old stupid in the middle of a scrum.

All that said, I too thought he looked like a good #2. In fact, we will see several #1s this year put up similar numbers against the Pats D.

yep, glad I have Jordan on one of my teams.  I thought Oakland did pretty well against NE @ NE considering the number of stupid penalties they made and that int really put them in a hole.  I think Jordan will get plenty of yards, catches and TD's this year.  He will be solid as expected.  The person I am most concerned about and I dont even really like OAK is Collins.  As Collins goes so go the Raiders.

979862[/snapback]

I'm glad you have him too, Sweetheart.

And I'm glad that you're glad that you have him.

And I'm glad that you'll be glad when you finish in the middle of the pack in your league, Sweetie.

Yeah, I can see how the Pats defense might confuse him.  This being only the tenth or eleventh time he has faced them.  :D

980100[/snapback]

I couldn't pass up the chance to research this. LaMont toted the rock a total of 11 times for 44 yards in his 4 years as a Jet. That hardly qualifies as experience. Plus, those 11 carries are over the last 4 years, and I'm quite sure the Patriots defense has changed quite a bit by then.

I think your avatar ruined your case more than actual stats or how LaMont looked on Thursday. People just assume you are mad that LaMont moved on up to a starting gig.

Yeah, I can see how the Pats defense might confuse him.  This being only the tenth or eleventh time he has faced them.  :D

980100[/snapback]

Bilichick does that and has done that alot since 2003...especially when the Raiders OL isn't all that good...

but as i said...I drafted LaMont Jordan in my league because of his affect in the passing game...

even Thomas Jones was in the top 15 in my league because of his effectiveness in the passing game...and westbrook was the 7th best back....