[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Larry Johnson Update: From KC huddler!

cmac

Here's what they are saying in KC.

Larry was at a bar in KC on Friday night into Saturday morning, he was there with a woman (not the one that he supposedly assaulted). His girlfriend of the last 2 1/2 years came into the bar and approached the woman that Larry was with. Larry went up to an employee of the bar and asked that they remove his girlfriend. The bar owners refused to throw his girlfriend out. She became more agitated and according to the Police statement, Larry pushed her back and she fell to the floor.

Now his girlfriend is saying that Larry didn't push her to the ground as the Police statement suggests. She says that she only reported the incident so that it would become public knowledge.

Here is the skinny. On the surface it looks like no big deal, no NFL stepping in, no team suspensions or anything like that.

However, Larry has a prior aggravated assault charge in Kansas, also where this bar incident occured. The prior charge was no big deal until this incident occured. It has been stated that it is possible that Larry could be charged with a "felony" due to the prior assault charge. Basically the prior charge was sort of suspended as long as no other incidents occured.

So this soap opera isn't over with yet. The official statement from the team is that are looking into the situation before laying out any disciplinary actions. Vermeil said that Larry's status with the team and his status with the league are currently in good standing and that nothing will change for this week.

The Chiefs' website does not list a #3 RB behind Johnson.  Any idea would back up Preist if Johnson were unavailable?

987937[/snapback]

Tony Richardson got some looks as the RB, despite him being a FB, a few years back when they didn't have LJ or Blaylock. That'd be the short-term solution. Wouldn't matter, Priest isn't gonna get hurt this season. :D

The Chiefs' website does not list a #3 RB behind Johnson.  Any idea would back up Preist if Johnson were unavailable?

987937[/snapback]

The Chiefs would likely activate McKenzie Smith, also known as Johnathan Smith. He played this summer in NFL Europe with the Amsterdam Admirals. He's pretty decent. Reminded me of Priest in his running style, his size and all. Don't get me wrong he's no Priest. But could be serviceable as a backup if needed.

Tony Richardson is getting up there in age now and he is not the player that he was a few years ago when he did get some of the carries. TRich is mostly a blocking Fullback.

I would look for the Chiefs to bring in a veteran Running back if something did happen to Larry Johnson due to this legal stuff.

This may not affect LJ as far as penalty/suspension, etc. but it goes to show that Priest will not be moved aside to let LJ take full control of the RB position. Priest is, not only a great RB, but is a good guy that the organization does not have to worry about legal trouble with. Coach loves him, city loves him, and his teammates love him. Vermeil seems like a guy who likes good character guys (despite drafting Lawrence Phillips). LJ seems like an angry thug, going back to his Penn State days.

Chiefs brought in Quentin Griffin for a workout last week ...

They planned for Robert Holcomb to be the RB3 but he got hurt already ...

I bet if LJ went out (I doubt it will happen) they would sign Q ...

T-Rich is getting too old to take many carries ...

Chiefs coach Dick Vermeil says the case won’t affect his status on the team. In fact, it’s clear the Chiefs need to get LJ on the field as much as possible. Priest Holmes looked very good in week one. Larry Johnson looked unstoppable.

Coach Vermeil originally planned to use Johnson every third series, but his performance could earn him a 50-50 split.

NFL coach Dick Vermeil has never used a committee approach before, but he admitted, “I’ve never had two guys like that in the past… If you’re going to have a problem, that’s the kind you want to have.”

Poppycock!

Arthur Bryants or Gates is where you get *real* BBQ in KC.  :D

991375[/snapback]

Can you provide websites/addresses for these places? I am heading down for the Raiders game on 11/6. Went a couple years ago for the Browns game and went to Jack Stack. Ok, but I would like something less..ummm...polished and corporate looking.

As apposed to Indy?  :D  :D  :D

990974[/snapback]

I'm not sure what people do for fun in KC, but this is what people in Indiana tend to do...

1. Watch car races

2. Watch Ron Artest make an a$$ of himself

3. Watch the corn and soybeans grow

4. Go to Home Depot

5. Drink

6. Smoke

7. Chew tobacco

8. Eat unhealthy food

9. Abuse your spouse