[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Along the lines of the NFL Players being hip to FF

Vet

Living in Greeley (old training camp) and Denver, I used to party with a lot of the Broncos players and give them crap when they didn't score. Elway does have huge hands... they remind me of Evander Holyfields hands; "Evander, can I have my arm back now??!"

I met Marshall Faulk, Thurman Thomas and Barry Sanders before and after games with them when I was at U of Wyoming. Now that I think of it, that would be a hell of a backfield!  :D

1015047[/snapback]

You ever meet Elam? That dude is as country as they get. He looks stronger then I would've imagined. He could probably beat up your everday schmo.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy and coworker of mine (actually a non-posting Huddler) were walking through Detroit Metro airport and saw Barry Sanders and his young son walking together right in front of us. I had a copy of whatever fantasy magazine I purchased that year in my briefcase and he just happened to be on the cover. I didn't want to interrupt him for an autograph, so I didn't. A week or two later he announced his retirement from football. I wish I would have asked even though I'm not big on autographs.

I know a few ex-cardinals players but that doesn't count either.

1015086[/snapback]

I played against Nate Poole when I was in high school. They beat us at their place my junior year and he spit on our coaches shoes and spit on our chearleaders. We had a guy on our team named Carl Bradley that was an all Big East DT that put a whoopin on Poole. Carl's in a league I commish and he's become friends with Nate over the years.

I know a few ex-cardinals players but that doesn't count either.

1015086[/snapback]

You're talkng about baseball. I thought you were talking about the AZ Cardinals. Nate Poole is the guy that made that td reception 2 seasons ago against the Vikings. That catch kept the Vikes out of the playoffs and got the Packers in. Poole was given a key to the city.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

You're talkng about baseball.  I thought you were talking about the AZ Cardinals.  Nate Poole is the guy that made that td reception 2 seasons ago against the Vikings.  That catch kept the Vikes out of the playoffs and got the Packers in.  Poole was given a key to the city.

1015107[/snapback]

I added to my previous post.

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

Payton use to come in to my place of work all the time for his kids birthday party. Real nice guy. Spared no expense on his kids party. :D

Mom calls me up all the time telling me people she meets from ESPNZone. She's had A. Green on her fantasy team for years, he came in and she got to meet him. She told him thats he's been on her FF team for years and asked what he thinks of the upcoming years. Ahmad told her to keep him, so she then proceeded to dump him off her team. :D

She's also met Chambers (Were big Dolphins fans, got signatures :D ), Kearse, and every Bear out there from the past 5 years except Mushin, Orton, and Benson. I don't think they have been in yet.

Edited by Def.

Payton use to come in to my place of work all the time for his kids birthday party.  Real nice guy.  Spared no expense on his kids party.  :D

Mom calls me up all the time telling me people she meets from ESPNZone.  She's had A. Green on her fantasy team for years, he came in and she got to meet him.  She told him thats he's been on her FF team for years and asked what he thinks of the upcoming years.  Ahmad told her to keep him, so she then proceeded to dump him off her team.  :D 

She's also met Chambers (Were big Dolphins fans, got signatures  :D ), Kearse, and every Bear out there from the past 5 years except Mushin, Orton, and Benson.  I don't think they have been in yet.

1015185[/snapback]

Where is there?

You ever meet Elam?  That dude is as country as they get.  He looks stronger then I would've imagined.  He could probably beat up your everday schmo.

1015060[/snapback]

Elam is a good old southern boy, but I never talked to him much... I was always looking at his wife! I think her name was Tammy, ex cheerleader and proud of it. Unfortunately I never saw him in Hawaii :D didn't get to make the trip as a scrub!

Elam is a good old southern boy, but I never talked to him much... I was always looking at his wife! I think her name was Tammy, ex cheerleader and proud of it. Unfortunately I never saw him in Hawaii  :D  didn't get to make the trip as a scrub!

1015217[/snapback]

I never met her but my father has and that sounds about right.

I went to the 75th anniversary gala for the Redskins a couple years back. Met John Riggins, he had a harem of chicks fawning over him. Smoked a cigar with Daniel Snyder. Had drinks with Sonny Jurgenson who was supprisingly very nice. At each table one of the 75 greatest Skins had a seat. My table had an old linebacker John Starks. He had some chick with him and got all sloppy drunk by the end of the night....

Oh, and I waited on Tim Couch and his girlfriend @ a place in Ft.Lauderdale called Shooters. He was cool. Alot of football players drive there boats to Shooters. Junior Seau is there like every weekend. Jason Taylor has a sweet yacht and comes there occasionally.

Other notable celebs I met @ Shooters waiting tables and bartending... Mariah Carey (yacht called the Milk & Honey and a poodle that she walks on the docks, not so hot in person)

Matt Damon (pretty down to earth)

Tommy Lee Jones (dick)

Scotty Pippen (dick)

Proly more i cant remember.

Good story here: A few years ago, I was in my home town (Peoria, IL) at a Bradley basketball game with a friend of mine who had Marcus Pollard on his fantasy team. We saw Pollard after the game (He's an alum of Bradley). We talked to him for a few minutes and my friend closed by saying "you're on my fantasy team and since we met today I'm gonna start you tomorrow." Pollard smiled and said good luck etc... Next day he goes out and scores 2 TDs and a bunch of yards. I think it was his best game of the season. That was pretty tight.

Good story here:  A few years ago, I was in my home town (Peoria, IL) at a Bradley basketball game with a friend of mine who had Marcus Pollard on his fantasy team.  We saw Pollard after  the game (He's an alum of Bradley).  We talked to him for a few minutes and my friend closed by saying "you're on my fantasy team and since we met today I'm gonna start you tomorrow."  Pollard smiled and said good luck etc...  Next day he goes out and scores 2 TDs and a bunch of yards.  I think it was his best game of the season.  That was pretty tight.

1015460[/snapback]

You gotta change that avy dude. It really pisses Jesus off.

Just a few weeks ago, Lee Evans came into my store and I told him he was on my fantasy team so he better have a good week....he wasn't too interested. But then I ran into Losman last week in downtown Buffalo and he was psyched and we talked about it for a little while. I think its about how you approach the subject. (Even though I would never have J. P. on one of my teams)

I talked Herman Moore a couple of times very nice guy very businesslike. Last time I talked to him was at the airport waiting for the valet to get his car, it was a Chevy and the last time I saw him he was in a Ferrari, I gave him some s..hit for not having a ford. He was still doing comercials for them.

I've got a couple of stories. Story #1 is that my best friend and best man at my wedding was sort of dating / banging this girl that grew up in our hometown, but now lived in Boston. She is extremely hot and somewhat slutty. My buddy wasn't getting serious with her or anything. Turns out, she was also seeing / banging David Givens of the Patriots at the time. He actually called her cell phone at my house when she was there for a Christmas party. I said hello to him, but that was all. We were all telling of our New Year Eve plans, and she was going to Willie McGinest's house for the party. Anyway, Givens was on my fantasy team, and I had her ask him how much he was going to be involved in the gameplan one week last year. He told her to tell me to start him because he was going to have a big one. He had 1 catch for 8 yards. :D

The #2 story happened last year in Pittsburgh following the Jets game. My buddies still make fun of me for it. I got extremely drunk after the game. I was at High Tops and left my brand new, awesome, expensive Steelers winter coat sitting at a table, while I drifted around the bar, whooping it up with the happy Steeler fans. When I get back to my table, the coat is, of course gone, and the keys to my vehicle were gone with it, as they were in the pocket. I am drunk and furious. I talk to the cops, who basically tell me that nothing will be found. I go outside and I am being an angry drunk, threatening to tackle the first guy I see with that coat on. My friends are trying to calm my drunk, idiot a$$ down, when out of a car steps Ben Roethlisberger. He is heading to the VIP area of Hi-Tops. I seem him, and according to my friends (I do not remember) yell like a lunatic "BEN !!!!" and start walking towards him. He gives a quick "get away from me psycho wave" and ducks into the VIP area. Then, I am outside on the curb, still ranting an raving when a man says to me. "Hey buddy, are you o.k., do you need a ride or anything ?" Without looking at him, I say "No thanks, Pal. I'll be just fine." The man gets into a car and leaves. I walk over to my buddy who says, "You're such an idiot. You are the biggest Steeler fan I know, and Willie Parker just tried to talk to you and help you out and you just dissed him." Oh well, it was memorable anyway.