[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Timing error in NE/PIT game

Whiskey Pimp

I'm still crying. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. If Cowher ran the clock at the end of the game. If Randel El did several things different. If I wouldn't have put on my unlucky underwear.

Give me a break. There is no one whining. The better team won that day and even though I hate it, I certainly can accept it and I'm pretty sure that all Steeler fans feel about the same. At least all the ones that I talked to today do.

As for back to the topic; I think that sucks. How does a ref screw up a mintue of time like that? Had it happened at a later point of the game I am sure that one of these teams would be going crazy over it.

Another story link

The clock operators -- there are two, one for the game clock and the other for the play clock -- are locally based but hired by the league. The Steelers did not identify them, and they are not listed with the other officials on the league's statistical report.

and are currently in hiding ....

After giving you the benefit of the doubt through several of your annoying and childish posts, I have come to the conclusion that you are a Steeler-hating moran.  Who is crying ?  There was something done by the officials incorrectly and it has been pointed out.  Show me one quote from ANYONE in the Steelers organization saying that this cost them the game.  You can't can you jacka$$ ?  Didn't think so.  Now, get back to your homework.

From an obvious Steeler homer fan's perception, this did not cost the Steelers the game by any means.  If those seconds are taken away, the Patriots might just handle the clock differently at the end, who knows, but the Patriots deserved the win yesterday.  No crying here.

1023361[/snapback]

annoying and childish :D Jacka$$, aren't you the clever one, you can call me names, oh that hurt.

if my posts are annoying and childish then you should put me on ignore, but i think the name calling shows who the child is. :D

annoying and childish  :D  Jacka$$,  aren't you the clever one, you can call me names, oh that hurt.

if my posts are annoying and childish then you should put me on ignore, but i think the name calling shows who the child is.  :D

1023856[/snapback]

Go re-read your posts and tell me what I am supposed to think. So, have you found that link where members of the Steeler organization were crying about the referees ? :D Thought so. :D

This is so typical of Cower and the Steelers.

Cry like a little baby about everything when you lose  :D

1023345[/snapback]

I have to ask, with all of your ripping on the Steelers, who do you root for ?

just as i starting to think there was hope in the world.  man, that was so clearly interference it isn't even funny.  study the rule book.

:D

tony

1023273[/snapback]

That was a pathetic call. and even arguing it is silly. go look at it in slow motion a few times and then tell me(without lying ) that it was pass interference.

Even the announcers said the call was bad(and that was after they originally said it was a great call until watching it over again). they seen the light..you should too.

This is so typical of Cower and the Steelers.

Cry like a little baby about everything when you lose  :D

1023345[/snapback]

Read the article and you would see the following quote from the article.

http://www.postgazette.com/pg/05270/578451.stm

Steelers officials, publicly and privately, say it did not affect the eventual outcome. Adam Vinatieri's 43-yard field goal with one second left won it for the Patriots, 23-20

Doesn't look like the Steelers were crying about it at all. So there goes your theory.

I didn't think that Steelers fans would use that as an excuse and I'd like to give a major  :D to the Steelers fans in this thread for acknowledging that.

1023409[/snapback]

Ditto.

Side note: in the semi-pros, wacky clock stuff happens a lot, mostly because half the time the knuckleheads running the clocks have no idea when to stop it and when to keep it running. Last Sunday night, in a semi-final game (winner goes to the championship), the drooling halfwit in the booth kept the clock running when injured guys were down, after incomplete passes, you name it. But that's sort of the crazy, sometimes "more semi than professional" Athenae that happens at that level.

But it always absolutely f'n amazes me when this happens in the NFL. :D

Side note: in the semi-pros, wacky clock stuff happens a lot, mostly because half the time the knuckleheads running the clocks have no idea when to stop it and when to keep it running. Last Sunday night, in a semi-final game (winner goes to the championship), the drooling halfwit in the booth kept the clock running when injured guys were down, after incomplete passes, you name it. But that's sort of the crazy, sometimes "more semi than professional" Athenae that happens at that level.

1024117[/snapback]

Did you make the 43 yarder to win the game??

But it always absolutely f'n amazes me when this happens in the NFL. :D

1024117[/snapback]

That's the key thing here.

This is the big time, the biggest game of the season so far, probably as large a Sunday TV audience for a game as there will be all year, and the officials muck it up this badly? Virtually, a whole extra minute. Granted it actually meant 1, maybe 2 plays tops, but things like this just should not happen at this level.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made of it on a national level frankly. I even watched Tim McGraw's halftime thing last night to see if he'd comment, but alas, he, like the NFL, neither likes, nor loves controversy.

The clock didn't screw the Steelers, they screwed themselves. End of discussion.

1025547[/snapback]

Another genius who appears not to have read the rest of this thread. :D As has been clearly pointed out by seemingly every Steeler fan on this thread, the clock didn't screw the Steelers. This does not mean there isn't a valid discussion to be had about the incompetence of these timekeepers/referees in a pretty consequential situation.

Another genius who appears not to have read the rest of this thread.  :D  As has been clearly pointed out by seemingly every Steeler fan on this thread, the clock didn't screw the Steelers.  This does not mean there isn't a valid discussion to be had about the incompetence of these timekeepers/referees in a pretty consequential situation.

1025577[/snapback]

Why do I need a Steelers fan to tell me when I watched the game with my own 2 eyes? :blinkinglightbulb:The clock didn't screw the Steelers, they screwed themselves.:throwspieinhisface:

If the Pats weren't on the Steeler 31 with 57 seconds to play, I would definitely think that Cowher and the Steeler fans should be upset. That's a 49 yd FG instead of the 43 yd FG they kicked. Difficult, but but not an impossible kick.

It seems that all the Steeler fans recognize that. In the end, it was Cowher that lost the game by not going for the throat at every opportunity. While I think he's a whiney spittle machine and he makes bad mistakes like this from time to time, he's still one of the NFL's best coaches. Live by the Cowher, die by the Cowher.

Regardless, I think you can count on the Steelers being there in the end, somewhere near the Lombardi trophy. How near...well...that remains to be seen.

Why do I need a Steelers fan to tell me when I watched the game with my own 2 eyes? :blinkinglightbulb:The clock didn't screw the Steelers, they screwed themselves.:throwspieinhisface:

1025623[/snapback]

hmm, another worthless post by Don Vito/ Dirk Digler whodathunkit?

If the Pats weren't on the Steeler 31 with 57 seconds to play, I would definitely think that Cowher and the Steeler fans should be upset.  That's a 49 yd FG instead of the 43 yd FG they kicked.  Difficult, but but not an impossible kick.

It seems that all the Steeler fans recognize that.  In the end, it was Cowher that lost the game by not going for the throat at every opportunity.  While I think he's a whiney spittle machine and he makes bad mistakes like this from time to time, he's still one of the NFL's best coaches.  Live by the Cowher, die by the Cowher.

Regardless, I think you can count on the Steelers being there in the end, somewhere near the Lombardi trophy.  How near...well...that remains to be seen.

1025667[/snapback]

Very good post. Cowher is a great coach, but I truly think he needs to learn to go for the kill when he has a team down. 1st and goal from inside the 10 with a 3 point lead, three straight runs, then kicks the field goal on 4th and goal. I knew and stated that getting 3 instead of 7 there would likely cost us the win. It did. When playing good teams, he seems to try to keep it close and plays not to lose instead of going for the kill. Hopefully he will learn this at some point.

Obviously the clock mistake has no impact on the outcome of the game. Perhaps it would have made a difference, perhaps not. Being that it was early in the 4th its impossible to say how the time difference would have affected the coaches' calls. Nonetheless it's ridiculous that a mistake like this could happen, and the refs should be getting a lot of flak for this, being that its their job to make sure the clock is right.