[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

QB issue

giantsfan

You're ww options are awful; don't drop either for them. Hass has been putting up decent yardage numbers, just had difficulty finding the endzone reliably. Griese is going to be hit an miss all year/career.

Given your choices, I'd go Griese this week. I think the Washingotn D is probably in a better position to force turnovers whereas the Detroit D had one good week and has since looked pretty bad. The counter is that Hass will be forced to the air more. I think Hass will get more yardage, but Griese has a better chance to have a TD or two when it's all said and done.

Hey, thanks for anwsering my post.....

I'd go with Hasselbeck this week against the redskins D. The run game isnt going to be there even though it's alexander. Hasselbeck will have to throw.

Griese has the cadillac to ride through that game, and he will get around 150 yards against the lions D.

My call, Hasselbeck - 260 yards 1 Td

Griese - 190 yards 1 Td.

This is tough. I wouldn't play Hasselback this week.

This is how I would rank them for this week.

Rattay vs Zona

Griese vs Det

McNowen vs SF

Carr at Cincy

Brunell vs Seattle

As for the long run I would probably want Griese on the roster for spot starts. I personally am not high on Hasselback (been burned by him too many times). Rattay I guess could be a good sleeper becasue their running game sucks and they will have to throw alot just like ARZ. Griese is the safer bet as a true #2 out of this group.

I like Hass and think that over the course of the season he'll be a top 10 QB, he is # 9 in my league right now. I just hate the matchup this week. As for this week I think I'm going to take a shot with Rattay. The Zona D can be had and the game is on Sunday night which is a plus. And they have a nice schedule for the rest of the year.

Edited by giantsfan

Matchups are not all they're cracked up to be. Hass was the #1 Ranked QB everywhere last week and threw for 0 TDs against ARZ. This week, SEA will be forced to throw and I think they can have some success against the Skins. Without Smoot, the Skins pass D really hasn't been tested this year (vs CHI and DAL). Plus, they made Orton and Bledsoe actually look pretty good. In the preseason, they were routinely tourched. They gave up 10 passing TDs in 4 games. By far the worst in the NFL. Take that FWIW, but, bottom line, Hass will throw more than Griese and has a better chance to put one (or more) in the endzone. Plus, he's a better QB on a better team.

Re: Rattay. I too am tempted to bench Hass and grab Rattay off the WW for a spot start this week vs. ARZ. I just can't bring myself to do it. Hass threw for 0 TDs vs. ARZ, I'm not so sure Rattay can improve on that.

Matchups are not all they're cracked up to be.  Hass was the #1 Ranked QB everywhere last week and threw for 0 TDs against ARZ.  This week, SEA will be forced to throw and I think they can have some success against the Skins.  Without Smoot, the Skins pass D really hasn't been tested this year (vs CHI and DAL).  Plus, they made Orton and Bledsoe actually look pretty good.  In the preseason, they were routinely tourched.  They gave up 10 passing TDs in 4 games.  By far the worst in the NFL.  Take that FWIW, but, bottom line, Hass will throw more than Griese and has a better chance to put one (or more) in the endzone.  Plus, he's a better QB on a better team.

Re: Rattay.  I too am tempted to bench Hass and grab Rattay off the WW for a spot start this week vs. ARZ.  I just can't bring myself to do it.  Hass threw for 0 TDs vs. ARZ, I'm not so sure Rattay can improve on that.

1027320[/snapback]

But don't you think the Seattle-Zona thing is skewed a little because Sea ran for 4 TD's. No way SF does that. I also figure they have to move the ball and with Battle and Lloyd they should get some through the air. I can see 250 and 2 from SF.

I like Hass over Griese

Yes Alexander gets alot of carries but that only opens up the defense for pass options.

Hass gets nice yardage numbers and I am not convinced that the Wash Def can do much against him.

Griese against Det looks nice but every now and then Detroit surprises someone and I think this will be that week for just a gut feeling.

As for Rattay, gotta love him against most teams, he has a nice arm, he gets yardage and TD's, he just gets a bad rap because he plays for the niners.

If Rattay were on alot of other teams, he would be on more fantasy squads.

As much as I hate the Arizona Chickens, they do occassionally surprise at home. I would expect Rattaty to have 2 or 3 TD's this weekend with 300 yrds.

If you have the balls to start Rattay over Hass, by all means do it.

Skewed stats?  What, Hass should have had more passing TDs?  So, you're benching him?  I don't get it.

1027387[/snapback]

I'm saying last week against ZOna he should of had minimum 1 TD you'd think. I mean 3 1 yard Alexander runs. This week at Wash is a different story. So bottom line is would I be crazy to start Rattay vs Zona in Mexico over Griese vs Det or Hass at Wash?

Boy I am so torn on this one and normally I'm not. I don't love Hass on the road against a tough D. Griese scares me because Caddy runs 25 + times which leaves Griese 20 throws and in fantasy with only 20 throws it is hard to produce at QB. And Rattay was good in game 1, AWFUL in game 2 but at Philly, and very good in game 3 against a decent Dallas D. Now he plays a Zona team that allowed Sea to run and pass all over them. Plus people forget that Rattay was actually pretty good last year also. I am truly torn here.

So bottom line is would I be crazy to start Rattay vs Zona in Mexico over Griese vs Det or Hass at Wash?

1027537[/snapback]

The answer to your 'bottom line' question is NO. You would not be crazy. I'm starting Hass in the exact same situation (except I've got Lefty instead of Griese). I'm tempted to pick up Rattay and start him too. I just can't do it.