[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Ridiculous Trade Offerer

raoul duke

someone offered me Marshall Faulk for Larry Johnson after Week 2. I promptly yet eloquently declined. Then someone offered me Hines Ward for LJ and I jumped all over that like white on rice...

1028773[/snapback]

I just traded LJ and Dayne for Roy Williams and R Brown (owner has Bell if that makes any difference) :D

"Real Men of Genius" - Mister Ridulous-Trade-Offer-Maker.   :D

Unfortunately, I don't have time to write any lyrics right now -

1030261[/snapback]

Real Men of Genius

Today we salute you Mister Ridiculous Trade Offer Maker.

Most owners in fantasy leagues offer reasonable trades.

You constantly try to offer ridiculous trade offers to other owners in your league.

Nothing says I'm a jacka$$ quite like you can do.

Real Men of Genius

:D

Edited by Hat Trick

Real Men of Genius

You constantly try to offer ridiculous trade offers to other owners in your league.

Music:  "I'll give you David Carr for Peyton Manning...."

Music:  "C'mon - I'll throw in my back-up kicker...."

Real Men of Genius

1030400[/snapback]

Fitzgerald will outperform Roy through the end of the season, so stop your complaining.

Yeah, I agree. If I had Roy and was offered Fitz, I'd take it.

As for dealing wtih bad trade offers, write something positive back:

Yeah, thanks for realizing I needed a LB with all my injuries. You're offer is intriguing, but I'll have to pass for now. I might be interested in something along the lines of xx for xx.

Good luck

YOUR NAME

And move on.

I'll listen to any offer no matter how ridiculous it sounds. The people I hate are the ones that don't respond to trade offers. :D

1029651[/snapback]

AMEN!! :D

Plus -- with every owner having a different perspective on risk, a different interest in bench strength, a different understanding that a point from a kicker is worth just as much as a point from a QB, and different homer biases, a particular deal that might work for one owner might seem ludicrous to another owner if he owned exactly the same players.

Don't like the trade? Decline it. Counter offer. Just don't whine about fairness and REPLY QUICKLY so we can all get on with life. :D

:D  at some of the people that whine about crappy trade offers. It's part of the game, say it with me...offer+counter-offer = negotiations. You've got to start some where. I wonder how many have missed out on a possible good trade, because they thought they knew so much they didn't bother to start a dialogue with the person who may have had  the intent to start with a low offer and work their way up to something both teams could find beneficial.

I'll listen to any offer no matter how ridiculous it sounds. The people I hate are the ones that don't respond to trade offers. :D

1029651[/snapback]

Right on, very well said.

I get ridiculous offers from time to time, and I usually reply with a polite thank you and something like, "I have a hard time seeing how your proposal helps my team. My biggest needs are so and so. Can you think of another offer that benefits me more than this one?" On occasion this will result in a more realistic proposal.

As others have said, it's best to keep the doors of communication open in these situations, no matter how tempted you are to get indignant or shoot a "What, am I an idiot?" note back to Mr. Ridiculous Trade Offerer. Unless you don't want to hear from him ever again (which you probably won't).

Yeah my league has one too.He is constantly offering trades to other owners.I believe he has been rebuffed 6 times so far this season with a 7th coming tonight at his bowling league when he offers Trent Green for Michael Vick.Everyone listens to his offer and sometimes counters,but few accept.It doesn't bother me and most of the guys in our league get a good laugh from it.

Real Men of Genius

Real Men of Genius

1030400[/snapback]

A classic. I'll toss one in...

Real Men of Genius

When no one else has the stones to think LT for Fred Taylor's a good deal,

you're willing to make it happen.

"I'll throw in a kicker!"

You take scorn, ridicule, and abuse for your offers, but you continue to stand tall.

Defiantly, you listen neither to reason nor logic.

"Pass the Deuce for Staley?"

Because it's guys like you that allow fantasy leaguers to keep posting horrible insults

about sisters and mothers on message boards around the world.

Mister Ridiculous Trade Offer Maker.

I would never take another owner off the "potential trade" block...you never know when you'll have a leg up on him.

Just know your stuff and thank him for the offer.  Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. (can't remember who said that but it wasn't me.)

1028688[/snapback]

Just know your stuff and thank him for the offer. Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. (can't remember who said that but it wasn't me.)

Vito Corleone from the Godfather.......I think that was the Dons first name...