[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I traded Randy Moss for Joey Galloway

sfleishm

No, momo, it's a trade you just don't make, and since you're obviously as retarded as the guy who made the trade, I'll spell it out for you:

A trade is not based strictly on current numbers, especially less than 1/2 way through the season. Otherwise arguments could be made that trading Terry Glenn for Terrell Owens is fair. It's the same thing with Moss-Galloway. Trade is based on past performance, potential performance, and current performance. Moss ties one of those categories and blows Galloway away in the other 2.

1098327[/snapback]

You can spell?

Let me put that another way to you...

If someone offered you Santana Moss for Randy Moss, would you consider it?

How about Steve Smith for Randy Moss? Larry Fitzgerald?

I am by no means suggesting that Galloway for Moss is a 'good' deal. It's probably not the best thing for his team. There is evidence to suggest that Moss will not be a top 5 WR this year, though. So, I am just saying that it's not time to stick a metal rod through this guy's spine and roast him over a fire pit yet.

No, momo, it's a trade you just don't make, and since you're obviously as retarded as the guy who made the trade, I'll spell it out for you:

A trade is not based strictly on current numbers, especially less than 1/2 way through the season. Otherwise arguments could be made that trading Terry Glenn for Terrell Owens is fair. It's the same thing with Moss-Galloway. Trade is based on past performance, potential performance, and current performance. Moss ties one of those categories and blows Galloway away in the other 2.

1098327[/snapback]

BUT if you fail to take into account the present situation, you are turning a blind eye to reality. I would not have traded for Galloway, true, but Moss is very good trade bait right now because the Raiders simply don't have the talent to keep teams from double teaming him. They don't know how to use the asset. Does Moss have potential in himself, yes. Does he have potential in the system he is trapped in? I'm not convinced.

You can spell?

Let me put that another way to you...

If someone offered you Santana Moss for Randy Moss, would you consider it?

How about Steve Smith for Randy Moss?  Larry Fitzgerald?

I am by no means suggesting that Galloway for Moss is a 'good' deal.  It's probably not the best thing for his team.  There is evidence to suggest that Moss will not be a top 5 WR this year, though.  So, I am just saying that it's not time to stick a metal rod through this guy's spine and roast him over a fire pit yet.

1098345[/snapback]

I would take Santana Moss over Randy Moss right now. Santana and the Skins have the easiest passing schedule until week 13. I'm also the guy that traded for Mushin Muhammad last year and got laughed at until..... oh yeah, until he led the league in points. I watched every snap Kerry took for the Giants and Randy's numbers will suffer this year. Don't get me wrong, he's going to have his blow up games, I just don't like Collins inconsistency.

The bottom line is if you are disappointed with Moss so far this year, and REALLY REALLY wanted to trade him, you should have gotten a lot more for him than Joey Galloway. Moss is having a solid season, and has already BYE'd.

The guy you gave Randy Moss too probably hasn't stopped laughing at the fact that he got rid of an over-achieving waiver wire pickup for one of the top 4 WRs.

The bottom line is if you are disappointed with Moss so far this year, and REALLY REALLY wanted to trade him, you should have gotten a lot more for him than Joey Galloway.  Moss is having a solid season, and has already BYE'd. 

The guy you gave Randy Moss too probably hasn't stopped laughing at the fact that he got rid of an over-achieving waiver wire pickup for one of the top 4 WRs.

1098834[/snapback]

Well put.

The bottom line is if you are disappointed with Moss so far this year, and REALLY REALLY wanted to trade him, you should have gotten a lot more for him than Joey Galloway.  Moss is having a solid season, and has already BYE'd. 

1098834[/snapback]

This part I can't disagree with at all. Except that I would be very careful if I were trading for randy moss. I would not want to give up too much, because I'm not sure he's going to perform this year.

FWIW, the 'top 4' will be interesting, but I don't think Randy will be one of them by season's end. After all, you win FF championships based on the points your team scores, not based on the reputations and potential of your team members.

This part I can't disagree with at all.  Except that I would be very careful if I were trading for randy moss.  I would not want to give up too much, because I'm not sure he's going to perform this year.

FWIW, the 'top 4' will be interesting, but I don't think Randy will be one of them by season's end.  After all, you win FF championships based on the points your team scores, not based on the reputations and potential of your team members.

1099034[/snapback]

i'll reply to this mess,i'm the one who got moss! i just threw galloways name out there to see if he would bite.my starting wr's will now be steve smith,owens,moss.i wish i knew how to copy and paste the message i left for him offering the trade,..by the way im in first place by a nice margin this year and im going for a threepeat..jd :D

i'll reply to this mess,i'm the one who got moss! i just threw galloways name out there to see if he would bite.my starting wr's will now be steve smith,owens,moss.i wish i knew how to copy and paste the message i left for him offering the trade,..by the way im in first place by a nice margin this year and im going for a threepeat..jd :D

1099578[/snapback]

:D Bully for you...sounds like a regular party.

I guess you'll know who got the better end in 5-6 weeks...

what an idiot trading Moss for Galloway. Did he know that all the success Galloway had was with ..mmm....Griese who is out for the year....

MAN I WISH THAT GUY WAS IN MY LEAGUE. I WOULD GIVE HIM MY BACKUP KICKER FOR EDGE

1100490[/snapback]

he read the responses and thought they were funny,he challenged another member of the league $1.00 a point who scores more weekly..example

moss 5 catches 60yds 1td=17pts

galloway 3 catches 40yds otd's=7pts he owe's 10.00 bucks, all season long!