[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade was Vetoed - need advice

Dazzlemaster

still think it's a fair trade for dazzlemaster to add antonio gates to his already-stacked team while the other team gets a rb who would probably sit on his bench while also downgrading his TE?

1098469[/snapback]

yes, ass hole. it's none of your f'n business unless you have evidence they're colluding. :D

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't called you a single name.

I wasn't referring to you....was referring to Zooty, calling me "cocklicky".

Just to clarify... I didn't force a vote, I didn't twist anyone's arm to veto, and I didn't use any commish powers to squash the deal. Yahoo automatically sends the trades for voting. It's up to everyone else to vote their own mind.

I love debating fantasy football, but the various name-calling is not called for...esp when I'm new here. I'll take that as my cue to leave this forum. I appreciate the way people here welcome newcomers to the forum with whom you disagree with.

Good luck in your respective leagues.

Peace out...

1098645[/snapback]

i notice you didn't deny the cocklicky part :D

I'm in 12 leagues, and this kind of pantywaiste crap from a commish wouldln't fly in any of them. I was in one league last year that disentegrated mid year because the commish wanted to run everyones teams. It sounds like the commish of this league needs to check his attitude with his hat at the door and grow up. Unless there is collusion, there is not reason at all to veto any trade. There does not appear to be any collusion, and the trade seems to make both teams better, I can see no reason to veto it, unless someone is affraid it will cause them to lose a few games to one of the people involved in the trade.

Absent some form of evidence a trade shouldn't be turned into a popularity contest by putting it to a league vote.  I haven't been in a yahoo league in years I didn't know it automatically goes to a league vote.  That is pretty lame if that's what yahoo does.  Makes me worry more about the other teams in the league than the commish in this case.
It's configurable on a league by league basis. In my Yahoo league, everything is automatically approved. If a player or the commish wants to protest it, it can be retroactively reversed.

Let me be the first to say...I do think there is a clear case of collusion going on here.

Isn't it obvious,  the collusion going on, is with the commish and the other teams that banded together to veto this trade. :D

1099288[/snapback]

Thats how I see it also.

Let me be the first to say...I do think there is a clear case of collusion going on here.

Isn't it obvious,  the collusion going on, is with the commish and the other teams that banded together to veto this trade. :D

1099288[/snapback]

Absolutely on the money there Billy.......The commish is in cahoots and needs to be impeached forthwith !!!!

Incidentally, in one of my leagues an analysis was made over whether it would be worth it to swap Jason Witten w/ Antonio Gates in a deal involving two other players. The team with Gates obviously upgrading at another position while downgrading at TE a bit, and vice-versa for the other team. It turned out that the guy losing gates was only losing an average of about 6 points while still upgrading his RB position to a point that made it worthwhile for him. That's trade 101.

This commish blows..... :D

If I was involved in this league I would give everyone their money back b/c what's happening here is downright wrong. Especially if you guys are friends.

I would stop playing in a bozo league that vetos trades and try to get my money back (actually I wouldn't jpoin in the first place! :D ). DO NOT play with those morans again next year!

I would probably go as far as to write off the cash and become a dead team, cut all my players, pick up and start everyone I could on that is on IR or a bye. That would truely pi$$ everybody off and send a pretty convincing message! :D

Possible line-up for week 8.

QB Brian Griese

RB Duece McCallester

RB Ahman Green

WR Javon Walker

WR Micheal Lewis

WR Ronald Curry

TE Roland Williams

K David Akers

TD Texans

I would stop playing in a bozo league that vetos trades and try to get my money back (actually I wouldn't jpoin in the first place!  :D  ).  DO NOT play with those morans again next year!

I would probably go as far as to write off the cash and become a dead team, cut all my players, pick up and start everyone I could on that is on IR or a bye.  That would truely pi$$ everybody off and send a pretty convincing message!  :D 

Possible line-up for week 8.

QB Brian Griese

RB Duece McCallester

RB Ahman Green

WR Javon Walker

WR Micheal Lewis

WR Ronald Curry

TE  Roland Williams

K  David Akers

TD Texans

1099729[/snapback]

sounds like in this league, they'd all be like "sweetness...."

i don't think it's fair for someone to keep the core of his stacked team while adding the best fantasy TE.

1098534[/snapback]

So you lobbied an entire league to veto a trade because you don't think it's fair he upgraded his team? Are you serious??? Since when was a league veto supposed to be based on one person's subjective opinion of what is fair/unfair??? For your league's sake, I hope this is the last year you're the commish.

i too agree the trade should not have been subject to veto voting, but if the league rules were set that way from the beginning, then it is what it is.

but as for the trade itself, anyone who thinks this is a fair trade needs to stop smokin that crack in your glove dept. mewelde, witten and antowain combined couldn't hold gates' jockstrap.

witten is living on every "expert" giving him a preseason rep as "this season's gates"...and if anyone is still holding on to that (literal) fantasy, i have andre johnson as "this season's 3rd yr breakout wr" to trade ya.

So you lobbied an entire league to veto a trade because you don't think it's fair he upgraded his team?  Are you serious???  Since when was a league veto supposed to be based on one person's subjective opinion of what is fair/unfair???  For your league's sake, I hope this is the last year you're the commish.

1102313[/snapback]

You think he's going to look at this logically?

After reading four pages of this, you asked him if he thought this was collusion a total of nine times...before his last post in here.

He responded to none of them. He's not going to respond to reason.

The guy who started this thread just needs to leave the league, plain and simple. Win it this year...then go.

It's never any fun with an unreasonable, power-hungry commish.

here's some missing info on that trade:

dazzlemaster's roster (second place, 5-2 record):

blah blah blah

the other team's roster (ninth place, 1-6 record):

blah blah blah

Irrelevant information.

Can't judge fairness of trades using records and rosters, only the players involved in the actual trade. Those are biases, not being objective.

Commish, learn to be impartial.