[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh Steelers

Runner

You mean other than stating that this thread is too stupid to merit a response (about 15 responses ago)?  :D  :D

I wonder, though...is Ben that good, or is Maddox that bad?  I kinda' thought Ben was overrated when I saw him in the playoffs last year, admittedly a small sample size - haven't seen much of him this year.  With their running game and defense, the Steelers are the type of team that really only need a "caretaker" QB, in the mold of the Super Bowl Ravens of 4 or 5 years ago.  The Steelers are clearly pretty dependent on Rothlisberger, but I wonder how much of it is a function of Ben versus a function of his backups - if the Steelers just had a stronger backup QB (like, say, Trent Dilfer), they might be OK even without Big Ben.

1164768[/snapback]

Yes, some of the statements were stupid and I told him that.

As to your 2nd paragraph. Those that watch Roethlisberger on a weekly basis, whether they are Steeler fans are not, realize how talented he is, and how important he is to the Steelers success. When the Steelers can run successfully, they are not going to pass much, but because of Ben's abilities and his effieciency, teams cannot gang up on the run like they do when Maddox is back there, because they know that Ben has the ability to burn them. Roethlisberger's biggest assets are his ability to feel and escape pressure, throw on the run, and create big plays when nothing is there initially. I think his importance in this offense has been proven in the games that he was not in there.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They've been exposed.

1164676[/snapback]

They've been exposed as having a terrible 3rd string QB? You're absolutely right.

Let's see - there's a QB who can't throw the ball for crap, and curls up on the ground in the fetal position if he sees a defensive player near the backfield. Think defenses might blitz him? Think they may be able to key on the run? Think it might affect the Steelers' D's performance when the O goes 3-and-out all the time?

I ain't saying the Steelers are the nest team in the AFC. The Colts are better, no doubt.

But don't judge the team based on how they play when that a-hole is in at QB. His absolutely pathetic play affects every facet of the game.

They've been exposed as having a terrible 3rd string QB?  You're absolutely right.

Let's see - there's a QB who can't throw the ball for crap, and curls up on the ground in the fetal position if he sees a defensive player near the backfield.  Think defenses might blitz him?  Think they may be able to key on the run?  Think it might affect the Steelers' D's performance when the O goes 3-and-out all the time?

I ain't saying the Steelers are the nest team in the AFC.  The Colts are better, no doubt. 

But don't judge the team based on how they play when that a-hole is in at QB.  His absolutely pathetic play affects every facet of the game.

1164881[/snapback]

There you go...a little finger pointing...a little backstabbing...

Now the Steeler "fans" are being exposed too. :D

Yes, some of the statements were stupid and I told him that.

I think his importance in this offense has been proven in the games that he was not in there.

1164874[/snapback]

Absolutely cannot question his importance to the Steelers offense - my question, and it's a question not a statement because I've not seen enough of them - is his importance more a reflection of his talents, or more a reflection of how lousy his backups are? If the Steelers had a stronger backup, would Big Ben still be as critically important to them as he is?

I ask because in what little I've seen of him, I thought he was overhyped.

Absolutely cannot question his importance to the Steelers offense - my question, and it's a question not a statement because I've not seen enough of them - is his importance more a reflection of his talents, or more a reflection of how lousy his backups are?  If the Steelers had a stronger backup, would Big Ben still be as critically important to them as he is?

I ask because in what little I've seen of him, I thought he was overhyped.

1164911[/snapback]

It is a good question. I thought coming into this year that the Steelers had strong backups, but, Tommy Maddox has completely lost the little bit of talent he once had. I'm not going to rip Charlie Batch, as I think he did decent, but Batch isn't a great backup QB. So to answer your question, it is a little bit of both. It would be great to have a Schaub or Volek, but not many teams have that luxury as a backup QB. However, I do not think Ben is over-hyped. I think he is under-rated, because he plays on a team that does not rely on the pass. This is a guy who has done everything asked of him from the minute he stepped on the field. The only time he has failed was in the playoffs last year, but, I think as a Rookie, that was an eye-opener for him. I'm not saying Ben is the best QB out there, but there are only a few that I would rather have at Quarterback for the Steeelers.

You may argue that it is a sign of a good team to win close games.  While I agree to an extent, the Steelers seem to always be in that predicament. 

They are always in that situation because of Cowher. He should have not paid to that much attention to Marty back in the day. Marty likes to lose the close games to.

They need another WR to compliment Ward

Cedric Wilson is not the answer, he is just like Randle El. Quincy Morgan is like Featherstone from that uneccesary roughness movie.

Their defense is suspect.  Just look at the 3rd down completion rate against them.  Their pass defense is average; they give up too many big plays.

Rushing 3 or 4 defenders all day will keep the defense on the filed, seems like they forget that it is legal to blitz on 3rd down.

You have to admit that many of the games they have played and won could have easily gone the other way.  They've been lucky (or "good enough") to win those games.  Good teams find ways to win, that's what it comes down to.

It has become very evident of exactly how important Roethlisberger is to this team.  Tommy Gun sitting back like a statue is no good, and Batch is garbage as well. They need to sign a decent vet next season to back up Ben.

1163583[/snapback]

Just an observation...

Granted Ben wasn't at the helm, but the Steelers are an average team at best.  They could easily by 3-7.  Without Roethlisberger, they are below average.  Last year was a fluke, IMO.  This year they have been extremely lucky in close games.  Today, they couldn't pull it out.  Wait until they play Indy or even Cincinnati again.

Horrible QB (not Roethlisberger)

No passing game

Suspect Defense, especially against the pass

Running game overrated

For Christs sake, they played the hapless Ravens, with BOLLER at QB.

I watched the game.  It was sickening.  Horrible play calling, horrible QB play... Not even a fun game to watch. 

Get used to it Steeler fans; there's more to come.

1163397[/snapback]

i didnt read all 3 pages of this because its simply not worth it.. however reading your post makes me laugh.

you are going to jump all over a team when they barely lose with one of the worst backups right now in the league? even better.. a suspect defense? if it wasnt for their defense they wouldnt have had a chance in the jaguars or ravens games. there is absolutely no rhythm when maddox is at qb.. the defense is always on the field, worn out, yet still step up and stop teams when we need it most. the secondary is not suspect anymore.. last year yes, this year each and every player in that secondary has improved and is playing great. they need to really improve their 3rd down defense, but other than that i am perfectly fine with it.

there was no run game vs baltimore because there was no passing threat. even when there was an open receiver, maddox would miss him. when there is no passing threat, you bring the house and stack the box like no other... especially against a qb that moves slower than turtle shucks. they played a 46 defense which is based on stopping the run. you counter that by throwing the football, however you arent going to get much without a half decent qb throwing on their shorthanded secondary.

you must not watch the steelers when they are at full strength and playing well because if you had, you would have remembered the game versus cincy... (one of the better teams they have faced and handled.) because you do not watch them enough, or know enough to comment on them, your post is out of pure ignorance in projecting a team based on one game.

your entire post and views are just plain stupid.. i dont know if you were drunk or not, but you look like an idiot. i said myself they are a 4 win team with maddox at the helm. maddox is just that bad. their defense is a very good one, one of the best in the league.. but maddox just cannot manage a game if his life depended on it. he makes the oline look bad, running game bad, wrs bad, and wears out his own defense.. he is the only qb i see that time and time again will step back in the pocket into a sack or forced fumble. he has zero pocket presence. ben is one of the best qbs in the league when facing pressure and avoiding the rush.. they really could have used his awareness yesterday.

how do you go 15-1, make the afccg and be called a fluke? another thing.. ben is already becoming one of the most clutch qbs in the league.. each time in his career when he has had to lead a game winning drive at the end of a game, he has done it.. even versus the pats this year he led us downfield and tied it up.. we played a poor game on defense... one of the few times that happens. this team could easily be 9-1 if ben were not hurt for jacksonville and baltimore. im not trying to make excuses, but you are a fool if you count this team out of the super bowl picture. they are one of the few teams that have a good shot at indy. monday night should be a great game.

i didnt read all 3 pages of this because its simply not worth it..  however reading your post makes me laugh. 

you are going to jump all over a team when they barely lose with one of the worst backups right now in the league?  even better..  a suspect defense?  if it wasnt for their defense they wouldnt have had a chance in the jaguars or ravens games.  there is absolutely no rhythm when maddox is at qb..  the defense is always on the field, worn out, yet still step up and stop teams when we need it most.  the secondary is not suspect anymore..  last year yes, this year each and every player in that secondary has improved and is playing great.  they need to really improve their 3rd down defense, but other than that i am perfectly fine with it.

there was no run game vs baltimore because there was no passing threat.  even when there was an open receiver, maddox would miss him.  when there is no passing threat, you bring the house and stack the box like no other...  especially against a qb that moves slower than turtle shucks.  they played a 46 defense which is based on stopping the run.  you counter that by throwing the football, however you arent going to get much without a half decent qb throwing on their shorthanded secondary.

you must not watch the steelers when they are at full strength and playing well because if you had, you would have remembered the game versus cincy...  (one of the better teams they have faced and handled.)  because you do not watch them enough, or know enough to comment on them, your post is out of pure ignorance in projecting a team based on one game.

your entire post and views are just plain stupid..  i dont know if you were drunk or not, but you look like an idiot.  i said myself they are a 4 win team with maddox at the helm.  maddox is just that bad.  their defense is a very good one, one of the best in the league..  but maddox just cannot manage a game if his life depended on it.  he makes the oline look bad, running game bad, wrs bad, and wears out his own defense..  he is the only qb i see that time and time again will step back in the pocket into a sack or forced fumble.  he has zero pocket presence.  ben is one of the best qbs in the league when facing pressure and avoiding the rush..  they really could have used his awareness yesterday.

how do you go 15-1, make the afccg and be called a fluke?  another thing..  ben is already becoming one of the most clutch qbs in the league..  each time in his career when he has had to lead a game winning drive at the end of a game, he has done it..  even versus the pats this year he led us downfield and tied it up..  we played a poor game on defense...  one of the few times that happens.  this team could easily be 9-1 if ben were not hurt for jacksonville and baltimore.  im not trying to make excuses, but you are a fool if you count this team out of the super bowl picture.  they are one of the few teams that have a good shot at indy.  monday night should be a great game.

1166546[/snapback]

:D My nominee for newbie of the year.

i didnt read all 3 pages of this because its simply not worth it..  however reading your post makes me laugh. 

you are going to jump all over a team when they barely lose with one of the worst backups right now in the league?  even better..  a suspect defense?  if it wasnt for their defense they wouldnt have had a chance in the jaguars or ravens games.  there is absolutely no rhythm when maddox is at qb..  the defense is always on the field, worn out, yet still step up and stop teams when we need it most.  the secondary is not suspect anymore..  last year yes, this year each and every player in that secondary has improved and is playing great.  they need to really improve their 3rd down defense, but other than that i am perfectly fine with it.

there was no run game vs baltimore because there was no passing threat.  even when there was an open receiver, maddox would miss him.  when there is no passing threat, you bring the house and stack the box like no other...  especially against a qb that moves slower than turtle shucks.  they played a 46 defense which is based on stopping the run.  you counter that by throwing the football, however you arent going to get much without a half decent qb throwing on their shorthanded secondary.

you must not watch the steelers when they are at full strength and playing well because if you had, you would have remembered the game versus cincy...  (one of the better teams they have faced and handled.)  because you do not watch them enough, or know enough to comment on them, your post is out of pure ignorance in projecting a team based on one game.

your entire post and views are just plain stupid..  i dont know if you were drunk or not, but you look like an idiot.  i said myself they are a 4 win team with maddox at the helm.  maddox is just that bad.  their defense is a very good one, one of the best in the league..  but maddox just cannot manage a game if his life depended on it.  he makes the oline look bad, running game bad, wrs bad, and wears out his own defense..  he is the only qb i see that time and time again will step back in the pocket into a sack or forced fumble.  he has zero pocket presence.  ben is one of the best qbs in the league when facing pressure and avoiding the rush..  they really could have used his awareness yesterday.

how do you go 15-1, make the afccg and be called a fluke?  another thing..  ben is already becoming one of the most clutch qbs in the league..  each time in his career when he has had to lead a game winning drive at the end of a game, he has done it..  even versus the pats this year he led us downfield and tied it up..  we played a poor game on defense...  one of the few times that happens.  this team could easily be 9-1 if ben were not hurt for jacksonville and baltimore.  im not trying to make excuses, but you are a fool if you count this team out of the super bowl picture.  they are one of the few teams that have a good shot at indy.  monday night should be a great game.

1166546[/snapback]

So you agree that the Steelers are mediocre...right?

boy now theres a shocker... :D

1167002[/snapback]

He is the first person I've seen post that actually appears to watch the Steelers games before commenting.

No one will admit it, but I have been completely vindicated in my arguments from earlier this year about how much Ben meant to the Steelers. The morans who told me that it didn't matter who was under center have been proven completely wrong.

Steelers record with Ben last two years: 19-3

Steelers record without Ben last two years: 4-3

They also showed the QB Ratings, and Maddox/Batch is like a 50 rating, with Ben around 105. Now I know that no one ever admits they are wrong around here, but all of you morans arguing with me (you know who you are) were wrong and it has been proven so.

He is the first person I've seen post that actually appears to watch the Steelers games before commenting.

No one will admit it, but I have been completely vindicated in my arguments from earlier this year about how much Ben meant to the Steelers.  The morans who told me that it didn't matter who was under center have been proven completely wrong. 

Steelers record with Ben last two years:  19-3

Steelers record without Ben last two years:  4-3

They also showed the QB Ratings, and Maddox/Batch is like a 50 rating, with Ben around 105.  Now I know that no one ever admits they are wrong around here, but all of you morans arguing with me (you know who you are) were wrong and it has been proven so.

1167156[/snapback]

It's amazing how such an average quarterback can elevate a bad team to mediocrity. :D

I will admit Big Ben is extremely important to the Steelers...not that it makes him a top 5 QB though...

1167188[/snapback]

My argument isn't to make everyone thing he is a top 5 QB. I simply get tired of him being labeled a "product of the system", and people failing to realize how talented he is and giving him the credit he deserves for his win/loss record wih the Steelers.

1166546[/snapback]

Your entire argument supports my original premise that the Steelers are overrated and average. Everything in your post is based on "ifs." No offense, but if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

I've watched every Steeler game for the past 10 years. I am a Steelers fan, but I'm also a realist. Yes, I agree that this team is completely different without Roethlisberger, and we all realize it now that he's been out. However, the Steelers have several deficiencies, as I noted earlier.

To elaborate a little more, first their defense is suspect, contrary to what you think. Remember the Patriots game when Brady completed EVERY single pass in the 4th quarter (and 372 yards in the air). How about the Green Bay game when Favre completed, what, 10 of 11 3rd down conversions? Or the first Baltimore game when they gave up 250 yards to A. Wright? I may add that the Ravens have scored 2 TDs in the past 4 games, both of which were against Pittsburgh. Overall, a pretty good defense, not a great defense like you make them out to be. But I agree that their defense is the strength of the team. Top notch? No way.

Their offense has been sickening to watch without Ben. With Ben, they are above average, but lack playmakers. Sure, Hines Ward is a gamer, but they need someone else to compliment him. As much as I hate to admit it, Burress was the best thing for Ward. Now they have Randel El as the #2 guy. Big mistake. However, C. Wilson sucks. I personally believe that they would be better with Q. Morgan as the #2 guy because he is fast and can spread the field. It would only help Ward. God forbid the Steelers get into a 3rd and long situation. They are horrible. If they can't dominate with the running game, they are done. I think that they are playing too many RBs, because nobody can seem to get into a flow. First it's Parker, then Bettis, back to Parker, then Staley, then Parker, and in the mix they throw in Haynes in 3rd down. This isn't fooling defenses anymore. Defensive Coordinators have figured out the so called "secret" (i.e. Stop the running game, you stop Pittsburgh). Finally, their offensive line has been horrific, both in run blocking and pass blocking. Overall, their offense is average with Ben, and bottom five with one of the backups.

You other Steeler homers can't face reality. At least I can see what everyone else on this board, as well as ESPN analysts, and Pittsburgh media has been reporting. Don't get mad at me since I fueled people on this board. Get mad at Cowher. I'm just calling it like I see it. So... Are they a Top 6 team right now? NO WAY. Are they a bottom 6 team right now? NO WAY. They are somewhere in between those 12 teams. In my opinion, they are overrated because of all the hype around them. They should be playing a lot better at this point in the season. I think they simply are missing some pieces of the puzzle. Unless some guys step up and turn things around, no way are they a superbowl caliber team.

You can disagree, but you can't ignore what's going on right now. Sorry if the truth hurts.

Edited by Runner

O.k. I'll take these a little bit at a time.

Your entire argument supports my original premise that the Steelers are overrated and average. Everything in your post is based on "ifs." No offense, but if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

:D This coming from the guy claiming that the Steelers were "lucky" in there wins, and IF they didn't win those games they'd be in trouble. You also claimed the Steelers were "lucky" and a "fluke" last year. Luck and Fluke don't get you 15 wins in the NFL. Pot, meet kettle.

I've watched every Steeler game for the past 10 years. I am a Steelers fan, but I'm also a realist. Yes, I agree that this team is completely different without Roethlisberger, and we all realize it now that he's been out. However, the Steelers have several deficiencies, as I noted earlier.

Would you please stop pounding your chest and saying, I'm a Steeler fan and a REALIST, we've only heard you say it about 15 times in your rants. They are all opinions. You have yours, I have mine, and others have there's. Some will be proven right, and some will be proven wrong, but, they are simply opinions. Please stop with saying you are a realist constantly, it is laughable. Everyone stating their opinion thinks they are a realist, it is THEIR OWN OPINION !

To elaborate a little more, first their defense is suspect, contrary to what you think. Remember the Patriots game when Brady completed EVERY single pass in the 4th quarter (and 372 yards in the air). How about the Green Bay game when Favre completed, what, 10 of 11 3rd down conversions? Or the first Baltimore game when they gave up 250 yards to A. Wright? I may add that the Ravens have scored 2 TDs in the past 4 games, both of which were against Pittsburgh. Overall, a pretty good defense, not a great defense like you make them out to be. But I agree that their defense is the strength of the team. Top notch? No way.

This has been a top 10, usually top 5 defense year after year, both in yardage and points allowed. Let me guess, it is "luck" :D No argument that the Patriots have our number and we played poorly that game. With the Packers and Ravens arguments, we had very little offense in those games, and the defense was constantly on the field. This defense is young and still growing. There are a few defensive units I'd take over them, but they are still a top-tier defense. They are an attacking defense and create turnovers, the same as they have for years.

Their offense has been sickening to watch without Ben. With Ben, they are above average, but lack playmakers. Sure, Hines Ward is a gamer, but they need someone else to compliment him. As much as I hate to admit it, Burress was the best thing for Ward. Now they have Randel El as the #2 guy. Big mistake. However, C. Wilson sucks. I personally believe that they would be better with Q. Morgan as the #2 guy because he is fast and can spread the field. It would only help Ward. God forbid the Steelers get into a 3rd and long situation. They are horrible. If they can't dominate with the running game, they are done. I think that they are playing too many RBs, because nobody can seem to get into a flow. First it's Parker, then Bettis, back to Parker, then Staley, then Parker, and in the mix they throw in Haynes in 3rd down. This isn't fooling defenses anymore. Defensive Coordinators have figured out the so called "secret" (i.e. Stop the running game, you stop Pittsburgh). Finally, their offensive line has been horrific, both in run blocking and pass blocking. Overall, their offense is average with Ben, and bottom five with one of the backups.

In the beginning, you say that with Ben they are above average, and then at the end that they are average with Ben. No argument that Randle-El belongs as a #3 receiver and they could use a solid #2 receiver. However, Randle-El is a playmaker, he just isn't a consistent enought receiver at #2. Heath Miller is emerging as a playmaker, as is Willie Parker. I too like Morgan more than Wilson. I disagree with the Running back statement. Using all 4 running backs is a good thing, and will pay dividends come playoff time, when they aren't worn out. All 4 have their strengths. As far as Defensive Coordinators figuring out that the Steelers are a run first team..... :D Wow, did they figure out the secret ? They've only been doing this for 15 frickin years. EVERY team knows they want to run first, always have, always will, yet, we still usually end in the top 3 in the NFL in rushing, and have been one of the most consistent teams in the NFL for years. Probably "luck" again. :D The pass blocking on the Offensive line, particularly Max Starks and Trai Essex last week has been suspect, but Maddox made it look worse with his inability to get rid of the ball. The Steelers run block as well as any team this side of Denver and Kansas City, so this was another foolish statement. It is obvious that you are getting worked up over the last 3 games, and are forgetting what the team looked like against the Bengals and Chargers prior to Ben's injury issues. Their only loss with him at QB is to New England, who has been his Achilles thus far.

You other Steeler homers can't face reality. At least I can see what everyone else on this board, as well as ESPN analysts, and Pittsburgh media has been reporting. Don't get mad at me since I fueled people on this board. Get mad at Cowher. I'm just calling it like I see it. So... Are they a Top 6 team right now? NO WAY. Are they a bottom 6 team right now? NO WAY. They are somewhere in between those 12 teams. In my opinion, they are overrated because of all the hype around them. They should be playing a lot better at this point in the season. I think they simply are missing some pieces of the puzzle. Unless some guys step up and turn things around, no way are they a superbowl caliber team.

I love when people use these arguments, throwing out blanket statements with nothing to back them up. EVERYONE on this board can see this huh, funny, I think I am on this board more, and have been here longer than you, and trust me, most on this board know that the Steelers are a very solid team. Read through some threads before spouting off things as facts. You fueled people on this board.....:D Yes, your brilliance has started a revolution... :D Someday you will realize, that some people on here are agreeing with you to rile me up, I admit, I am the easiest fish to catch on these boards. So, the media and ESPN analysts agree with you, that there is NO WAY the Steelers are a top 6 team...... It is funny to see people just spew like this....here are some facts.....

ESPN has the Steelers ranked # 6 at this time, the lowest they've had them this year. They were # 3 last week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...on=2005&week=12

CBS also has them # 6. They were # 2 last week.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

Fiction can be fun, can't it............ Let me guess, they just haven't seen the "luck" discovery that you have found in their 23 wins in their last 28 games........

You can disagree, but you can't ignore what's going on right now. Sorry if the truth hurts.

You are right, I can't ignore that they do not play good offense with their #3 QB. Also, please forgive me if I don't take your rant as "Truth". You and your "realism" :D are not welcome back on the bandwagon, when the Steelers are right in the thick of things in the playoffs again this year. Will they win it, I have no idea, but other than the Colts, I think they have as good a chance as anyone.

Edited by Menudo

Menudo, you are right. The Steelers are the BEST team in the NFL! They have the best offense, they have the best defense, they have the best kicker, they have the best special teams, they have the best coach... Did I forget anything?

Excuses, excuses, excuses... Let's revisit this next Monday night after the Indy game. We'll see who is right, because EVERYONE will get a chance to draw their own conclusions, since it will be nationally televised. You better hope they bring their "A" game. If not, I think you may actually blow your head off.

Menudo, you are right.  The Steelers are the BEST team in the NFL!  They have the best offense, they have the best defense, they have the best kicker, they have the best special teams, they have the best coach... Did I forget anything?

Excuses, excuses, excuses... Let's revisit this next Monday night after the Indy game.  We'll see who is right, because EVERYONE will get a chance to draw their own conclusions, since it will be nationally televised.  You better hope they bring their "A" game.  If not, I think you may actually blow your head off.

1168323[/snapback]

Hey Moran, show me one spot where I said the Steelers are the best team in the NFL, have the best offense, have the best defense, the best kicker, best special teams, or the best coach. Show me one spot where I said anything REMOTELY CLOSE to this. You are like some morans I've seen through life, when presented with facts, this is the best you can do. It is comical. You are weak, you argue without any facts. You made bold claims that I proved to be foolish. Deal with it.

What excuses did I make ? So, if the Steelers lose to the Colts, you will be proven right. :D I've never said they will beat the Colts. The Colts are better than the Steelers right now. I give the Steelers about a 20% chance to beat the Colts on Monday night. Monday night's game is a little bit of evidence, but nothing final. I'm saying the Steelers are going to be in the thick of things come playoff time, you obviously don't think they will be, as you are tearing them apart, so at the end of the year is when we will see who is right. So, I will blow my head off if the Colts prove me wrong.......very classy sentence :D Trust me, if the Steelers get blown out by the Colts, I will be a little bit disappointed and in a bit of a bad mood, but it won't affect my life one iota. Read some posts about what I've gone through in my life this year, I lost my Grandfather and Father in a matter of weeks, and tell me if you think an NFL football game is going to alter my life. Grow up and get some class, seriously.....

Edited by Menudo

I love when people use these arguments, throwing out blanket statements with nothing to back them up.  EVERYONE on this board can see this huh, funny, I think I am on this board more, and have been here longer than you, and trust me, most on this board know that the Steelers are a very solid team.  Read through some threads before spouting off things as facts.  You fueled people on this board.....:D  Yes, your brilliance has started a revolution...  :D  Someday you will realize, that some people on here are agreeing with you to rile me up, I admit, I am the easiest fish to catch on these boards.  So, the media and ESPN analysts agree with you, that there is NO WAY the Steelers are a top 6 team......  It is funny to see people just spew like this....here are some facts.....

ESPN has the Steelers ranked # 6 at this time, the lowest they've had them this year.  They were # 3 last week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking...on=2005&week=12

CBS also has them # 6.  They were # 2 last week.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/powerrankings

Fiction can be fun, can't it............ Let me guess, they just haven't seen the "luck" discovery that you have found in their 23 wins in their last 28 games........

You are right, I can't ignore that they do not play good offense with their #3 QB.  Also, please forgive me if I don't take your rant as "Truth".  You and your "realism"  :D  are not welcome back on the bandwagon, when the Steelers are right in the thick of things in the playoffs again this year.  Will they win it, I have no idea, but other than the Colts, I think they have as good a chance as anyone.

1168316[/snapback]

For the record, you haven't been here longer than me. Just because you post more, doesn't mean you are a moderator here. I know there are a lot of Steeler fans here but it doesn't change a thing. Anyone who watched them this past month already knows. We'll see where they stand after next week. If they beat the Colts, then I'll start buying your BS. Until then... :D

For the record, you haven't been here longer than me.  .  If they beat the Colts, then I'll start buying your  BS.  Until then...  :D

1168341[/snapback]

:D That was not his orignial account. And he was here before numbers were assigned.

Menudo,

Serious question...

Exactly how much money did you turn over to the "bullys" in school?

Curious, what high school did you attend in the Burgh. I have a sneaky suspicion that I know who you are. Tell me the High School, and I'll IM you with your true identity. No BS.