[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Packers/Bears Thread

Chavez

Thought I was gonna slink away this time, didja Bears fans?

NEVER! As the polka song goes "Da Bears still suck!" and I'm here to remind you of that fact - just like in '01 when the Monsters of the Midway went 13-1 vs the NFL and 0-2 against the Pack, I predict that miracles will happen and the 11-game win streak at "Lambeau South" (aka Soldier Field) continues! Favre owns yer asses!

In the tradition of Bronko Nagurski and Clarke Hinkle knocking each other out on the same play, Papa Bear wandering into Lombardi's locker room to cuss him out before the game, Tarzan Taylor sucker punching Cub Buck back in 1921 and Charles Martin returning the favor in spades on Jim McMahon in 1986, I stand and taunt you Bears fans with the fact that no matter WHAT you say, deep down you know you're only the 2nd greatest franchise in the NFL. So there.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NEVER! As the polka song goes "Da Bears still suck!" and I'm here to remind you of that fact - just like in '01 when the Monsters of the Midway went 13-1 vs the NFL and 0-2 against the Pack, I predict that miracles will happen and the 11-game win streak at "Lambeau South" (aka Soldier Field) continues! Favre owns yer asses!

In the tradition of Bronko Nagurski and Clarke Hinkle knocking each other out on the same play, Papa Bear wandering into Lombardi's locker room to cuss him out before the game, Tarzan Taylor sucker punching Cub Buck back in 1921 and Charles Martin returning the favor in spades on Jim McMahon in 1986, I stand and taunt you Bears fans with the fact that no matter WHAT you say, deep down you know you're only the 2nd greatest franchise in the NFL. So there.

1181342[/snapback]

:D I was with you in fun until you jumped on martin's d!ck for what he did. I have YET to see a dirtier play, and even most decent Pack fans agree with me. Most. Only the decent ones. To equate that thug with the other events is a disservice to all fans.....

Even if you win both games -unlikely- your time is done and the Pack of the 70's & 80's is back for some time. Enjoy.

:D I was with you in fun until you jumped on martin's d!ck for what he did. I have YET to see a dirtier play, and even most decent Pack fans agree with me. Most. Only the decent ones. To equate that thug with the other events is a disservice to all fans.....

Even if you win both games -unlikely- your time is done and the Pack of the 70's & 80's is back for some time. Enjoy.

1181370[/snapback]

Dead on balls accurate! I've gotten to know McMahon through a friend/business and Jimmy couldn't care less about the whole thing but to real Bear fans it still makes your blood boil to think about it. 15 min. of fame I guess for that slug.

The Bears will win the division and the Peckers "STILL SUCK".

P.S.: Any time I drive North of the Madison-Milwaukee line my radio always picks up a station playing "Dueling Banjo's" can't figure it out.......

Dead on balls accurate!  I've gotten to know McMahon through a friend/business and Jimmy couldn't care less about the whole thing but to real Bear fans it still makes your blood boil to think about it.  15 min. of fame I guess for that slug.

1181456[/snapback]

If it makes ya feel better, Martin is dead now.

The reason that play makes your blood still boil is that it's the primary reason one of the last great defenses (84-88 Bears) with a great running game and good enough passing game was one-and-done in the Super Bowl.

If it makes ya feel better, Martin is dead now.

The reason that play makes your blood still boil is that it's the primary reason one of the last great defenses (84-88 Bears) with a great running game and good enough passing game was one-and-done in the Super Bowl.

1181482[/snapback]

I forgot he died. Proves my point, that was his claim to fame.

So you're saying that cheap shot was the reason the Bears couldn't form a Dynasty?

Dead on balls accurate!  I've gotten to know McMahon through a friend/business and Jimmy couldn't care less about the whole thing but to real Bear fans it still makes your blood boil to think about it.  15 min. of fame I guess for that slug.

The Bears will win the division and the Peckers "STILL SUCK". 

P.S.: Any time I drive North of the Madison-Milwaukee line my radio always picks up a station playing "Dueling Banjo's"  can't figure it out.......

1181456[/snapback]

Funny. You are upset at Charles Martin for body slamming Jimbo...low class you would say... but you wear an Avy poking fun at a person with an unfortunate malady. Talk about low class.

I forgot he died.  Proves my point, that was his claim to fame. 

So you're saying that cheap shot was the reason the Bears couldn't form a Dynasty?

1181488[/snapback]

A healthy McMahon makes them MUCH better in '86 - probably beat the Redskins and give the Giants a helluva game; Flutie was downright rotten in that playoff game.

In '87, McMahon WAS there, but Darrell Green's PR was just a big-time player making a big-time play;

'88 would've been the end, thanks to injuries, stupidly trading their best WR (Gault) and letting Marshall go to Washington. With Gault and Marshall, I don't see them falling apart in '89 either.

Shoulda/coulda/woulda gone to at LEAST 2 SBs, maybe 3 with McMahon healthy, Gault, and Marshall, IMO.

A healthy McMahon makes them MUCH better in '86 - probably beat the Redskins and give the Giants a helluva game; Flutie was downright rotten in that playoff game.

In '87, McMahon WAS there, but Darrell Green's PR was just a big-time player making a big-time play;

'88 would've been the end, thanks to injuries, stupidly trading their best WR (Gault) and letting Marshall go to Washington. With Gault and Marshall, I don't see them falling apart in '89 either.

Shoulda/coulda/woulda gone to at LEAST 2 SBs, maybe 3 with McMahon healthy, Gault, and Marshall, IMO.

1181513[/snapback]

yeah I just think that McMahon couldn't stay healthy, when you stand next to him and remember how he played he was just too small.

Funny.  You are upset at Charles Martin for body slamming Jimbo...low class you would say... but you wear an Avy poking fun at a person with an unfortunate malady.  Talk about low class.

1181503[/snapback]

I am not poking fun at an unfortunate malady as you say. It is a joke between friends about a resemblance of someone. I'm can't even make the connection you are trying to make.

yeah I just think that McMahon couldn't stay healthy, when you stand next to him and remember how he played he was just too small.

1181530[/snapback]

His NFL conditioning regimen was roughly akin to mine these days - lots of drinking beer and goofing off. Quick look shows him listed at 6'3" 200+ lbs - I'd hazard about average for a mid/late 80s NFL QB.

But that Martin cheap shot killed his arm.

I'm can't even make the connection you are trying to make.

1181532[/snapback]

You can't make the connection? Gee, let me try to explain. Basically you are saying Martin was an unsportsmanlike bully. You, by making fun of someone less fortunate than yourself are just a meanspirited bully.

You can't make the connection?  Gee, let me try to explain.  Basically you are saying Martin was an unsportsmanlike bully.  You, by making fun of someone less fortunate than yourself are just a meanspirited bully.

1181568[/snapback]

Lighten up, Francis. Or at least confine yourself to the Bundled Undies Bunch with Pope Flick.

Sorry Chavez....didn't mean to offend you. I just don't like to see people making fun of others who have obvious physical or mental deficiencies. Hypocritical me....I guess I was too hard on Snowbound who is obviously deficient.

Sorry Chavez....didn't mean to offend you.

:D Remind me to tell you some dead baby jokes later.

I just don't like to see people making fun of others who have obvious physical or mental deficiencies.  Hypocritical me....I guess I was too hard on Snowbound who is obviously deficient.

1181587[/snapback]

See, there ya go. That's the spirit.

1181342[/snapback]

Here here! You KNOW the Bears have to have Favre in the back of their heads.

THE BEARS STILL SUCK! :D

Sorry Chavez....didn't mean to offend you.  I just don't like to see people making fun of others who have obvious physical or mental deficiencies.  Hypocritical me....I guess I was too hard on Snowbound who is obviously deficient.

1181587[/snapback]

How does choosing a picture equate with physically harming someone to the point that their career is in jeopardy? Please explain that somehow, someway. One guy doesn't even know his picture's being used. AM I making fun of the Bears with my avy?

"Bundled Panties"? Chavez - if Martin is "your kind of player" then good for you. Are you suddenly embarrassed at that public revelation or that someone called BS on your celebration of the above incident? You brought it up, that one is on you.

And your theories about why the Bears didn't repeat are interesting, and ESPN had a Sportscentury devoted to it. Bascially, the locker room was divided in part by Dan Hampton who was angry that McMahon would play in such a manner that he wouldn't stya healthy. The young Flutie tried to stay out of it, but guys started taking his side when they got tired of McMahon's 6 starts a year.

We'll see how many of you are coming back after you lose Sunday. You're just like UNC fans. It doesn't matter how many bad years you have because you always go back however far you need to go back to drudge up good times. Well your good times are over, Favre should have retired and it ain't turning around anytime soon for the Pack. I guess you'll be depending on Nate Burleson big time this Sunday. Doesn't he play for the Packers? Crap, I can't remember any of the Packer's players anymore.

a correction is in order. i believe wilbur marshall left the yr after the superbowl. the defense also lost leslie frazier in the superbowl for the next yr. blew his knee out i'm pretty sure. i liked jimmy mac but he did play with reckless abandon which cut short way too many yrs.

come on chavez, the packers are going down this week. the aught five packers don't intimidate lovie and the defense. although, interesting to note......the pack with 232 points scored and have given up 223. you would think they would be close to .500.

but they're not. :D:D

All I can say to my friend Chavez's comments here is a great quote that Da Coach has used on several occasions.

"Living in the past is for cowards and for losers".

There is not a chance that the Bears will be able to even their record in the Favre era...so, why bother going there? If it makes you feel better for having such a piece of crap team this year, good for you...enjoy your cookie.

You claim that the Bears still suck, but if that's the case, the Fudge Packers are brutal and they better get used to looking up at the rest of the division for the next few years...it couldn't happen to a nicer, more arrogant fan base--who just happened to be fortunate with an Iron Man back there all these years.

SNOWBOUND33 

Any time I drive North of the Madison-Milwaukee line my radio always picks up a station playing "Dueling Banjo's" can't figure it out.......

I think over half the state of Illinois moves up to northern WI every weekend. Y'all aught to be packers fans for as much time as you FIBS are up here. Seriously, it is so flippin' unreal...Although, I can imagine how it must be exciting to visit a real state with trees and lakes. :D

Ok, I admit, that wasn't very nice...

S.T.

Whenever Packers fans start talking smack, I just refer them to the link for this song. It was composed by a Chicagoland band for a local talk show on ESPN Radio in Chicago.

Follow the link. when you get to that page, scroll down to the bottom and click on "Green Bay parody song" on the left side of the screen.

http://www.espnradio1000.com/mjhstuff.asp

:D:D