[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Packers/Bears Thread

Chavez

Tough loss to take; it's easy to say "Green Bay beat themselves" as a lot of the turnovers were the results of mental mistakes and general stupidity on the Packers' part. I do agree that the Bears need an upgrade at QB - it's tough to make that switch when you're on a roll, but that lack of offense will bite you. GB moved the ball up and down the field on the defense all day - if they had any true playmakers aside from Driver and Favre, Chicago would have been in trouble due to lack of offense.

I hate that to sound like sour grapes, because hats off to the Bears on a solid win; wasn't pretty but they did what they had to do to break that 11-game losing streak.

TY, Swiss.  Any word on Favre's wrist?  The announcers said it was a cut, but when he gabbed his wrist, there was no cut that I saw.

1192150[/snapback]

They treated the cut and threw a band-aid on it.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright Green Bay, you've got one more chance to redeem yourself. Make sure you take care of the Bears in the rematch, aight?

1192289[/snapback]

I'd rather have the Bears win the division than the Purple Pansies.

Ugly game all around. I thought it would be 19-10 and that was pretty close.

The Bears defense really is able to win games in the second half. Their offense is really predictable now. Although it may be enough to get them in the playoffs, I don't think any Bear fan is kidding themselves when they look to the future. This team has a long way to go to be at an "elite" status.

The Packers very well should let the rook start playing at this point.

Ugly game all around. I thought it would be 19-10 and that was pretty close.

The Bears defense really is able to win games in the second half. Their offense is really predictable now. Although it may be enough to get them in the playoffs, I don't think any Bear fan is kidding themselves when they look to the future. This team has a long way to go to be at an "elite" status.

A QB who isn't just there would probably be a nice step. Of course, that's the hardest (or at least most expensive) spot to fill. Other than that, WRs are a bit lacking but Muhammad is a nice start.

The Packers very well should let the rook start playing at this point.

1192311[/snapback]

To me, it's hard to toss Rodgers in there when Favre is still a pretty dang good QB and every game is close. If they would have a blowout one way or another, I could see it.

They treated the cut and threw a band-aid on it.

1192285[/snapback]

I call bull $hit. When he went to the sidelines initially he had no cut and was grabbing his wrist!!!! Ya don't grab your wrist for a finger boo,boo! :D

I call bull $hit.  When he went to the sidelines initially he had no cut and was grabbing his wrist!!!!  Ya don't grab your wrist for a finger boo,boo! :D

1192434[/snapback]

I saw some replays where he had a big chunk of flesh scraped off the back of his hand, up behind the thumb. Grabbing there may look like you're grabbing a wrist. :D

Tip O' the hat to Favre.  Played tough, as usual.  :D

Gado..... shmado.

T. Jones 19 93 0

A. Peterson 11 48 0

S. Gado 20 75 1

1192050[/snapback]

Actually, I'd give all three of those guys gold stars for the day. Gado played VERY well; Jones continues to prove my "he's an overtalented, underproducing pansy" opinion of a couple years back wrong; and Peterson ran tough in limited action.

I call bull $hit.  When he went to the sidelines initially he had no cut and was grabbing his wrist!!!!  Ya don't grab your wrist for a finger boo,boo! :D

1192434[/snapback]

He had a cut on the side of his hand too.

Below the thumb. He's tough and isn't playing like he's planning this being hiis final season, but who knows?

I saw some replays where he had a big chunk of flesh scraped off the back of his hand, up behind the thumb. Grabbing there may look like you're grabbing a wrist. :D

1192450[/snapback]

Not sure either. But I thought he stung his wrist and the chunk of skin was secondary. :D

Not sure either.  But I thought he stung his wrist and the chunk of skin was secondary. :D

1192473[/snapback]

Didn't look to affect him; maybe he just jammed the wrist and had some momentary pain - I swear, sometimes boo-boos that don't even leave a bruise hurt 10 times worse than when you do real damage.

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Didn't want to let this post slip too far down the list just yet. Good game cheeseheads but not quite enough. Maybe next time.

I will say that I like Gado. It's nice to see a kid beat himself up over a fumble. He seems like a humble guy that just wants to get out there and do his best. Hopefully he will find a permanent home in the NFL. Of course, when he becomes famous we'll all find out he's a crack wh0re or something totally opposite of "the kid who fought his way from division 1A football to become the starting RB for the Packers". But still, for now I give him a thumbs up.

I will sleep well tonight my friends. Very well.

To me, it's hard to toss Rodgers in there when Favre is still a pretty dang good QB and every game is close. If they would have a blowout one way or another, I could see it.

1192359[/snapback]

In total agreement. We've all seen Favre struggling to produce points with all the reserves playing at skill positions. The O-line continues to worry me. They are giving up way too much penetration and blitz pickups are shaky. Living in Redskin territory, I saw what playing behind Spurrier's blocking schemes did to Patrick Ramsey. That guy is still shell-shocked. I don't think they'd be doing Rodgers any favors by putting him out there now. Favre is a veteran and can handle it when things go wrong. He can take the criticism without losing confidence in his abilities.

Favre is a veteran and  can take the criticism without losing confidence in his abilities.

1193417[/snapback]

:D If Favre would lose a little confidence in his abilities, he might not make quite so many stupid throws.

• 3 weeks later...

You Packer Punks - hiding and hoping we don't notice we're playing again this week.

We're going to send Brett Favre out in style. :D

BTW - anyone see the Walter Payton book that's been released with the ESPN CD? The intro is by Favre, which at first I was a little surprised at but he made nice point that all kids in Mississippi used Payton as their football role model, including him. It was touching.

That being said, pile drive the Pack this weekend!!! :D