[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Packers/Bears Thread

Chavez

You are right.  I live between Chicago and Mileewaukay and when I come back from "Up  Nort" I am always glad to see all the traffic staying on HWY 90 S as I cruise towards Milwaukee.  :D

1183461[/snapback]

I-90 does not go to Milwaukee. :D

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record: I am a "little" nervous about Faaaavvvvray still. The Bears are probably overachievers right now with this "just don't lose offense". Goddarnit I'm sick of having no offense. I hope that Jerry Angelo didn't think that bringing in an old "Moose" would be enough. Time to get a QB.

For the record:  I am a "little" nervous about Faaaavvvvray still.  The Bears are probably overachievers right now with this "just don't lose offense".  Goddarnit I'm sick of having no offense.  I hope that Jerry Angelo didn't think that bringing in an old "Moose" would be enough.  Time to get a QB.

1183495[/snapback]

Got a QB, serviceable one anyway. Need play calling that aims to sustain drives, that's all.

Packers fans are in a coma of depression right now. Watching Favre make an ass out of himself week after week must be almost as painful as it was for us Chicagoans to watch a bloated MJ shoot 6-27 for the god darn Washington Wizards.

Even as a Bears fan, I love Brett Favre, and obviously i respect the hell out of him. Considering that it pains ME to hear whispers of "Aaron Rodgers needs to start getting some snaps," I can't imagine what it does the psyche of the migrant drunks and white trash that make up 90% of the Packers fan base.

Rebuilding awaits you, Packers fans. And to think that it seems like it was just yesterday that Fred Ex sent you back to the bar for another Pabst Blue Ribbon when you thought you actually had a team.

As for this Sunday- I will be there, in attendance. It's going to be ugly, really ugly. I just hope that Favre doesn't get injured, because if his career finally ends on the turf at Soldier field, pinned under the cleats of Ogunleye, Tommie Harris, Alex Brown and Tank Johnson- only so he can be carried off the field to the sounds of a farewell cheer from the jolly Bears fans - suicides will run rampant across the beautiful countrysides of Shaboygan, Oshkosh, LaCrosse, Madison and every other thriving metropolis and sociological gem the state of Wisconsin give us.

I hope Aaron Rodgers gets his first true action against the Bears, because they'll ruin and scar him for his career.

"the migrant drunks and white trash that make up 90% of the Packers fan base."

Ill-annoy folks are sometimes so hypocritical.

"Rebuilding awaits you, Packers fans."

The sooner the better I say.  Put the newbee Rogers in there once in awhile and let it fly for the rest of the year.

"suicides will run rampant across the beautiful countrysides of Shaboygan, Oshkosh, LaCrosse, Madison..."

Suicides?  That would be just plain chicken-sh1t  Naw...bar fights, murders, and wife beatings are much more the norm here.  Us Wisconsinites may get ornery sometimes, but we rarely throw in the towel!   :D

1184010[/snapback]

Honestly....Favre might retire after this game.  The Bears are good for  at least 3 Favre picks.

1185415[/snapback]

It's sacks he needs to worry about. If the Bears play like they have recently, Brett will be running for his life. The problem for the Bears is that he's probably the best throw-on-the-run QB ever.

"Bundled Panties"? Chavez - if Martin is "your kind of player" then good for you. Are you suddenly embarrassed at that public revelation or that someone called BS on your celebration of the above incident? You brought it up, that one is on you.

Where was I dancing? Is the Martin cheap-shot a part of Bears/Packer lore or isn't it? You be the judge.

Martin had nice ability, but he wasted his career away; IIRC, he was one of those NFL players whose uniform should've had stripes no matter who he played for.

And your theories about why the Bears didn't repeat are interesting, and ESPN had a Sportscentury devoted to it. Bascially, the locker room was divided in part by Dan Hampton who was angry that McMahon would play in such a manner that he wouldn't stya healthy. The young Flutie tried to stay out of it, but guys started taking his side when they got tired of McMahon's 6 starts a year.

1181648[/snapback]

Like I said, McMahon's training regimen consisted of lotsa beer drinking and not much time in the gym; I don't think he'd ever have ended up on the "10 best of all time" QB list but he'd certainly have been a tremendous asset to the Bears if he'd taken better care of himself.

You claim that the Bears still suck, but if that's the case, the Fudge Packers are brutal and they better get used to looking up at the rest of the division for the next few years...it couldn't happen to a nicer, more arrogant fan base--who just happened to be fortunate with an Iron Man back there all these years.

1181676[/snapback]

Look in the mirror much?

Oh give me a break.  Like anyone remembers that about Payton's career. 

1181865[/snapback]

Um, yeah, LOTS of people remember that - and it's not a slight on Payton either.

Ditka screwed up on that one big-time. I'm sure Payton had enough going on in his life where it only hurt a little when it was all said and done, but I'm sure it wasn't his best memory ever. Shoddy way for Iron Mike to treat a guy who was all class and the heart and soul of the franchise for 16 years.

But hey, I guess when you've gotta give the 1985 equivalent of the Pet Rock some love and humiliate your opponents, there isn't time to worry about stuff like that.

We don't really hold a grudge 'cause this is all in fun

As far as football rivalries we're both number one

1182475[/snapback]

:D:D

Truer words have never been spoken, for those of you who think I'm some Johnny-come-lately blind homer (of which there appeared to be a couple).

All in this thread can take solace over the fact that no matter our teams record, no matter how long they've been down, no matter how bleak the future looks, at least we don't have to root for the stinkin' Lions or Vikings. :vomit:

Where was I dancing? Is the Martin cheap-shot a part of Bears/Packer lore or isn't it? You be the judge.

1185496[/snapback]

Chavez - sure it is, but your lead up to it was a highlight of the more 'fun' moments of the rivalry, although I admit as a Bears homer I am not too familiar with the nose punch. As such, I'd say the Martin incident was and still is the lowest point of the rivalry, at least in my lifetime. So, yeah, I called bs on it because it does seem that you were starting the thread to celebrate the best rivalry in the game........and Martin shoudln't be celebrated by either side imo.....

.......you could've tapped Halas' stubborn efforts to keep the Pack out of the league, and then allude to Curly having to lend him $$$ in the few years afterward. And I'm sure you didn't want to, but you could have mentioned the most important Bears victory since SBXX: the blocked FG in Lambeau as time expired the weekend after Walter Payton passed. I nearly took a few friends arms' off with high fives moments after that happened, but I digress (they were like, dude - good for you but CHILL. I was so hammered).

pssst: Forrest Gregg!!

Chavez - sure it is, but your lead up to it was a highlight of the more 'fun' moments of the rivalry, although I admit as a Bears homer I am not too familiar with the nose punch. As such, I'd say the Martin incident was and still is the lowest point of the rivalry, at least in my lifetime. So, yeah, I called bs on it because it does seem that you were starting the thread to celebrate the best rivalry in the game........and Martin shoudln't be celebrated by either side imo.....

Understood.

.......you could've tapped Halas' stubborn efforts to keep the Pack out of the league, and then allude to Curly having to lend him $$$ in the few years afterward. And I'm sure you didn't want to, but you could have mentioned the most important Bears victory since SBXX: the blocked FG in Lambeau as time expired the weekend after Walter Payton passed. I nearly took a few friends arms' off with high fives moments after that happened, but I digress (they were like, dude - good for you but CHILL. I was so hammered).

1185544[/snapback]

Actually, I'm working my way through this series of books called The History of the Green Bay Packers and it's pretty enlightening as to the complex relationship that Lambeau/Green Bay had with Halas. Definitely a love-hate relationship if you've ever seen one.

:violin: :D :violin: :D :violin:

:D:D:D:D:D

:D

"The First Pick Shuffle"....

We are the Green Bay Packing Crew

We pack our fudge and Madden packs Favres too.

We're so bad, we're not at all good.

Blowin' your mind like we knew we would.

You know we're just struttin' for fun

Favre is throwing picks to everyone.

We're not here to start not trouble.

We're just here to get Reggie Bush and do the 1st pick shuffle.

(Brett Favre)

Well, they call me Vicodin,

And I like to dance.

Throwing into triple coverage is like making romance.

We've had the goal since training camp

To get Reggie Bush, then we'll be champs.

And we're not doin' this

Because we're greedy.

The Fudgies are doin' it to feed the needy.

We didn't come here to look for trouble,

We just came here to do

The First Pick Shuffle.

(Ahman Green)

This is Speedy Greenie, and I'm third class.

I like runnin' but i love to beat my wifes a--.

I practice all day and shadowbox all night,

I got to get ready to beat her after a loss Sunday night.

Now I'm as smooth as a chocolate swirl,

I swing a little funky, so watch me hit like a girl.

There's not one here that does it like me,

My First Pick Shuffle will set you free.

(KGB)

I'm KGB and I talk like Mike Tyson

I'm so ugly, I look like a Bison

I've been packing fudge for quite a while,

Doin' what's wrong and jumping on a man-pile,

Give me a chance, I'll miss a tackle,

I even wish Madden would get off Favres cackle.

I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,

I just came to do The First Pick Shuffle

(Davenport)

I'm the constipated RB, known as Najeh.

When I hit the turf, it's nothing new.

In your closet, I'd like to poo.

I can't run, but Favre and I share the pill(s).

I demotivate the Pack, I like to tease.

I play so bad, I'm surprised I'm still in this league.

That's why you all got here on the double

To catch me doin' the First Pick Shuffle.

(Javon Walker)

I'm mama's boy Javon, one of a kind.

The fellas all love me

For my body and my hind.

I'm slick on the bench as I can be

And every ball is gonna be dropped by me.

Some guys are jealous

Of my style and class,

Too bad, I always end up on my -,

I didn't come here lookin' for trouble,

I just get down to The First Pick Shuffle.

(Aaron Rodgers)

They say Brett is our man.

If Brett can't do it, I sure can't.

This is Aaron, and it's no wonder

I run like molasses', pass like the boy wonder.

So bring on the Texans, bring on the Niners,

This is for Brett and the rest of my Green Bay whiners.

I'm not here to win any games,

I just came here to do

The First Pick Shuffle.

(Al Harris)

I'm Hairy AL, and I'm a tool.

Receivers sneak by me 'cause I'm a fool.

I fly on the field but have a problem falling down.

Everybody knows I'm easy to pass around.

I learned to hit watching film of Neon Deion

I'll eventually make a tackle at the end of this eon

'Cause I'm not here to intercept or cause trouble

I'm just here to do The First Pick Shuffle.

(B.J. Sander)

The fourth downs comin', I'm your man Sander.

Everybody says it's Favre, but I'm the real field commander,

We can't run, and Favre can't pass,

I'm in to punt before I can even sit on my -.

We love to play for the world's most inbred fans,

You better start makin'

Your First Pick plans.

(John Madden)

I'm jibberish John, and I spout nonsense

I just wish that Brett was my man

Have you ever seen the size of that guys hands?

Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre

Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre Brett Favre

Boom! I think I just made a mess in my pants

I'm gonna clean up, then I'll be back to dance

I'm not here to start any trouble,

I'm just here to do Brett Favre, and the First Pick Shuffle

We are the Fudgies Packing Crew

We pack our fudge and Madden packs Favres too

:D

Bears 17

Packers 14

"The First Pick Shuffle"....

I hope you didn't spend more than two minutes writing that, because that's certainly what it looks like.

Bears 17

Packers 14

1189524[/snapback]

:D Now that's confidence!