[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The Packers/Bears Thread

Chavez

Funny.  You are upset at Charles Martin for body slamming Jimbo...low class you would say... but you wear an Avy poking fun at a person with an unfortunate malady.  Talk about low class.

1181503[/snapback]

Low class is letting the Fridge score a TD in the SB but not Walter. Ditka does admit it was a mistake.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Low class is letting the Fridge score a TD in the SB but not Walter. Ditka does admit it was a mistake.

1181799[/snapback]

Oh give me a break. Like anyone remembers that about Payton's career. They got the win with no problem and the Fridge getting a touchdown only rubbed it into the Patriot's face. #34 did his share to win that game and everyone remembers that.

Although, I can imagine how it must be scary to visit a state where the women are fat and have no teeth. 

Ok, I admit, that wasn't very nice...

Fixed  :D

1181721[/snapback]

I don't know... There are an aweful lot of gold-digging, fake, stuck-up, women with a heart of stone and without a soul directly south of the border. I always say as long as her hottness always exceeds her bitchyness...that is a good rule of thumb for any state! :D

S.T.

Edited by Super Twinky

Oh give me a break.  Like anyone remembers that about Payton's career.  They got the win with no problem and the Fridge getting a touchdown only rubbed it into the Patriot's face.  #34 did his share to win that game and everyone remembers that.

1181865[/snapback]

Yeah and no Bears fan remembers Charles Martin either. :D

Bears fans are probably still mad at Nitschke.

One important stat to remember for this week

8-3 Vs 2-9

1182034[/snapback]

The important one is really going far in the playoffs. Beating a team decimated by injuries isn't an accomplishment. It's been 20 years since you did anything in post season.

That isn't an insult-represent the NFC North well.

I'm a Bears fan living in Wisconsin. Whenever I go to the store, or wherever, wearing my Bears jersey, invariably some lard a$$ Packer fan comes up to me to tell me that the Bears suck. I'll tell you exactly what I always tell them, "fine, but the Packers swallow."

Just because I'm a Bears fan doesn't mean I have lost all of my senses. I do think that the games with the Packers are going to be close. QBs who go to quick passes, three step drops, slants, etc. can give this defense problems. These games are going to depend on how well the Packers O line handles pressure...and on whether Favre turns it over multiple times, as he usually does.

The important one is really going far in the playoffs. Beating a team decimated by injuries isn't an accomplishment. It's been 20 years since you did anything in post season.

That isn't an insult-represent the NFC North well.

1182043[/snapback]

Yeah you're right. The Bears certainly aren't dealing with any problems related to injury. We just decided to start a rookie QB from Purdue for the hell of it. We decided that Adrian Peterson has been so fantastic over the past two years that we'll just start giving him a lot more carries. Everyone has their share of injuries. Some teams are just dealing with it better than others.

His NFL conditioning regimen was roughly akin to mine these days - lots of drinking beer and goofing off. Quick look shows him listed at 6'3" 200+ lbs - I'd hazard about average for a mid/late 80s NFL QB.

But that Martin cheap shot killed his arm.

1181544[/snapback]

He is no more than 5'10" and his weight then is anybody's guess.

1181799[/snapback]

No, low class is pulling an "I'm leaving the boards forever" then returning under an alias, and saying you are your own brother when busted using the same IP address as your previous name, luluisanidiot.

Ditka? He was just stupid to do it. Not low class. However, even Payton "forgave" him (strong word for something he claims he wasn't ever that upset about) so what does it matter to you?

Just keep defending Charles Martin, that's the spirit!!

1182043[/snapback]

And it's been half as long for your crappy team, what's your excuse?

Edited by Pope Flick

The rivalry has been cycular in recent years. Bears fans had the good fortune to watch the Bart Starr and Forrest Gregg tenures during the Payton years, and the Bears STOMPED on the Packers all that time. The Good Fortune of the Ron Wolf Years and the Brett Favre steal has endured, to the Bears fans ultimate dismay. But it looks like the turn is just ahead, and myself like many Bears fans are eagerly awaiting the next cycle of Bears dominance in this series. It'll be a long cold winter again in Packerland, especially IF either Orton or Grossman turn out to be a quality NFL QB. Remember Packer fans, its tough to circumvent the nepotism that is the Bears organization, but that time is near! Go Bears!!!!!!!!!

Yeah you're right.  The Bears certainly aren't dealing with any problems related to injury.  We just decided to start a rookie QB from Purdue for the hell of it.  We decided that Adrian Peterson has been so fantastic over the past two years that we'll just start giving him a lot more carries.  Everyone has their share of injuries.  Some teams are just dealing with it better than others.

1182132[/snapback]

Translation- :D

We screwed up putting all our eggs in Grossman's basket and lucked out when Orton was OK. Much better than we thought.

Now we're going around pretending we knew he'd he good alll along.

Thought I was gonna slink away this time, didja Bears fans?

NEVER! As the polka song goes "Da Bears still suck!" and I'm here to remind you of that fact - just like in '01 when the Monsters of the Midway went 13-1 vs the NFL and 0-2 against the Pack, I predict that miracles will happen and the 11-game win streak at "Lambeau South" (aka Soldier Field) continues! Favre owns yer asses!

In the tradition of Bronko Nagurski and Clarke Hinkle knocking each other out on the same play, Papa Bear wandering into Lombardi's locker room to cuss him out before the game, Tarzan Taylor sucker punching Cub Buck back in 1921 and Charles Martin returning the favor in spades on Jim McMahon in 1986, I stand and taunt you Bears fans with the fact that no matter WHAT you say, deep down you know you're only the 2nd greatest franchise in the NFL. So there.

1181342[/snapback]

Don't see it. Chavez, your boys are about to get waxed.

I can't seem to find the full version, but he's a slice of it

http://www.bearsstillsuck.com/bearsuck.mp3

The Bears Still Suck Polka

written by J.Krueger-sung by OTTO

How many times must we take this disgrace

Another Bears fan throwing insults in our face

The Packers are the greatest team to ever play the game

Even if from time to time they've been a little lame

How could you ever love a team with Jim McMahon

Not even Porky Pig was as big a ham

They got a reputation that's mostly based on luck

The Bears…Still…Suck

The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck

They really really really really really really suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

If you drive to Soldier Field they make you pay a toll

For cripes sake they only won one lousy Super Bowl

They make fun of Wisconsin, but we don't get upset

Where do you think that they're all headed every chance they get

We don't really hold a grudge 'cause this is all in fun

As far as football rivalries we're both number one

Still we wouldn't mind seeing Ditka run over by a truck

'Cause the Bears…Still…Suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(All the ladies now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck

(Everybody now) The Bears still suck, the Bears still suck

Yes the Bears…Still…Suck…HEY !!

Translation- :D

We screwed up putting all our eggs in Grossman's basket and lucked out when Orton was OK. Much better than we thought.

1182407[/snapback]

:D

How do you translate this, luluisamoran?

Beating a team decimated by injuries isn't an accomplishment.

1182043[/snapback]

Maybe like this?

:D:D:D

Edited by Pope Flick

I know there is still some football to play but let me put some things in perspective.

If the season would end today. In the NFC Da Mighty Bears and the Seahawks would have byes. And the bears would face the winner of Tampa Bay and Carolina, and the glories bears clobbered them both.

You can’t beat a team if you can’t score. And you will see the Feb. 6 2006, undefeated Colts losing to the Baltimore Bears.

Edited by whitem0nkey

I think over half the state of Illinois moves up to northern WI every weekend.  Y'all aught to be packers fans for as much time as you FIBS are up here.  Seriously, it is so flippin' unreal...Although, I can imagine how it must be exciting to visit a real state with trees and lakes. :D

Ok, I admit, that wasn't very nice...

S.T.

1181694[/snapback]

You are right. I live between Chicago and Mileewaukay and when I come back from "Up Nort" I am always glad to see all the traffic staying on HWY 90 S as I cruise towards Milwaukee. :D