[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fantasy Advice

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pick 3....I am skeptical about 3 of them...even though this might be a stupid question...

Holt vs WSH

CJ @ PIT

Roy Williams vs MIN

Galloway @ NO

Ferguson and Horn aren't worth mentioning...oh wait :D

I'm thinking of benching Holt because of Fitzpatrick and the fact that Roy might have a Hugh game this week with all of the controversy going on...am I crazy?..

Hugh the Man,

Need your advice on a defense this week. Pt title and a bye week for the playoffs at stake.

1 pt per sack and turnovers, 6 pts for tds, up to 12 pts for pts given up.

Available def that I would consider starting:

Pack at Bears--- Packers stink but Bears don't have a great O. Pack good against the run and Bears are a running team. Could also be bad weather. Don't like the Pack on the road and this is a big rivalry game.

Pats home vs Jets---- Jets O is horrible and Pats are at home. However, Pats def has stunk all year and is last in pts in my league. Could also be a bad weather game.

Cards road vs Niners--- Alex Smith is starting but Niners have been playing ok lately. Cards def not great and even worse on the road.

Bills at Miami---- Bills def has stunk on the road. No weather advantages in Miami. Miami just put up 33 on the F&ing Raiders (just lost my survivor pool on that game).

Lions home vs Vikings---- Lions stink and Vikings have been playing well lately w/ B. Johnson. Dre Bly couldn't catch a beach ball w/ that cast on his hand. No weather advantage.

Niners home vs. Cards---- Warner mistake prone and Niners def plays well at home.

Also, pick two (receptions count- standard scoring):

Anderson vs. KC

C. Brown vs. Indy

D. Davis vs. Balt

J. Lewis vs. Houston

Leaning towards Davis and Lewis due to match-ups.

Pick three (no reception pts- all else standard):

R. Brown vs Seattle

Housh vs. Pitt

Stallworth vs. TB

A. Johnson vs. Balt

Evans vs. Miami

Leaning towards Housh, Stallworth and Johnson.

Thanks for your help.

Hey Hugh!!..

Edgerrin James vs TEN

or

Shaun Alexander vs PHI

also..

starting Kurt Warner..who to go with..

Larry Fitz or Boldin vs 49ers..

1183304[/snapback]

What are you doing? Asking Hugh for advice after people ask you for the same advice in your "free fantasy advice" column? :D

OK Hugh, which TE should I play this week?

Witten @ NYG

LJ Smith vs. SEA

Last week, I started the wrong guy and it actually cost me the win. Hoping to get it right this week. Thanks in advance.

Okay Hugh.

I haven't made the correct decision on my WRs in weeks, it seems.

This week:

Horn vs TB - Porter vs SD - Glenn vs NYG - Joe J vs Phil - Ferguson vs Chi -

Chambers vs Buf - Matt Jones vs Cle.

I need to play 3.

I want to play Horn, Ferguson and Glenn.

What do you think?

I'm 9-3 - overall points leader - tied for first place in my league and I can be seeded anywhere from #1 to #3 - depending on what happens this week.

my team is as follows, starters first:

standard scoring league 1pt/10 rush/rec. 1pt/25 pass 6 pts tds. 0 pts receptions

QB (1) Brady, Bledsoe

RB (2) Tomlinson, Westbrook, Deshaun Foster, Kevin Jones, Dominic Rhodes

WR (3) Marvin Harrison, Burress, Galloway, Eric Parker

TE (1) Cooley, L.J. Smith

K (1) Vanderjagt

D/ST (1) Cincinnati Bengals

Do I need any help anywhere? The Bengals were a concern until I looked at the playoff schedule which is vs. Cleveland, then @ Detroit, then vs. Buffalo. So that looks pretty good. I was looking at matchups of WW D/ST and saw that the Seahawks play SF then Tennessee the next two weeks and the Dolphins play the Jets in 2 weeks and Tennessee in the week of my Super Bowl. So what do you guys think? Should I stand pat or make some adjustments and grab a defense or two with the matchups? And if so; who should I drop? Thanks in advance.

Edited by heydudes

Hello Hugh..

Looking for my #2 WR for week 13...touchdown scoring league..My options include:

Curtis versus Washington - Quarterback situation makes this uncertain

Chambers versus Buffalo - Buffalo has a tough pass D

M. Jones @Cleveland - Quarterback situation makes this questionable

Burelson @ Detroit - Not sure if he will even play

or Waiver Wire options include:

Amani Toomer versus Dallas

M. Robinson @ Detroit

T. Taylor @Detroit

Looking for your thoughts on who to start and why....Thanks for your input.

Must win game with decent RB's to choose from:

Cadilliac v NO

Dominick v BAL

Larry v DEN

Foster v ATL

Ricky v BUF

Starting 3RB's... usually go with Larry, Caddy, Dom but I really only like the NO matchup. Do I dare bench studs and give Ricky or Foster to go ahead?

Edit to add: standard performance league.

Edited by KG4MVP

Hugh! I listened last week and you were spot on, THANKS!

This week, I am schtupped.

Performance league +1 per rec/rush Will play entire 16 weeks top 3 point total split money.

Drop McMahon to pick up Bledsoe?

I need to start one of the two this week, since Favre's matchup is against Chi-town. I am over my spending limit on WW acquisitions and would like this WW add to last until the end of the season, while still keeping me in one of those three money spots...

1182194[/snapback]

Without question would I drop McMahon for Bledsoe. McMahon fumbles a lot, has no WR's to throw to, and basically sucks. While Bledsoe isn't exactly a stud, he's a better option than McMahon by far. With Witten, Glenn and Meshawn, he has some decent options as well.

Hugh

thanks in advance.  I must win to keep my slim playoff hopes alive. 

I must choose 2 RB, 2 WR and 1 RB/WR...I usually play 3 RBs but this week I am thinking 3 WRs.

MBIII @ giants - got the goal line carries but didnt cash in last week, i think he gets like 40 total yards and maybe a TD or 2

alstott @ saints - has scored a TD last 4 games, should be opportunities this week

ronnie brown vs bills - fumbled twice last week but did score a TD, could see him busting a long run TD, otherwise he is good for like 5-10 points

pat pass vs jets - Pats RB situation is mess with dillon and faulk both possibly back but I suspect pass will be the main man sunday.  very risky but potentially lucrative upside

curtis vs Pats - looked ok last week vs saints, should do ok vs pats unless they get so far behind they must pass...will he get a TD?  probably good for like 80 yards and maybe a TD

mcgahee @ dolphins - hasnt done shucks like all year but he is due for a big game and coming home to miami I could see him doing well.  80 and TD

Jurevicius @ eagles - monday night game, coming off huge game, he is primary reciving target in the red zone but will this game become the sean alexander show?  they will only pass as much as they need to which not be much.

rod smith @ KC - mr consistency, he is always good for at least 50 and a TD most weeks.  I could see a big week here as KC's secondary is suspect and they will have to do more than just run to stay with KC's O.

hines ward vs cincy - I am thinking of benching him this week.  pitt will be looking to run on cincy, cincy has strong CBs, and I have heath miller who I can see stealing roethlisberger's 1 passing TD.  then again he is hines ward and this is a big game.

matt

1182200[/snapback]

So much for keeping it short.

I'd probably go with McGahee and CuMar, and then the 3 WR's. I'd consider benching Jurevicius for Pass, since I don't think JJ repeats his perormance or even comes remotely close, but Pass will split with Evans, and you also have to keep and eye on Dillon.

Big Hugh I have a HUGE game this week that will determine playoffs. Playing the number one team record wise and need some help to go along with Manning, Watson, Scobee and CHI DEF

Need 2 from:

Westbrook v. SEA - he's all they have and on MNF

Jordan v. SD - been a workhorse and good production of late

T. Jones v. GB - He normally does real well against the Pack.

Need 3 from:

Ward v. CIN - a safe start I believe

Roy W. v. MIN - should be another decent start

JJ v. PHI - Nice to have on MNF

Coles v. NE - Been disappointing but a good matchup nonetheless

I will be facing:

Warner v. SF

Alexander v. PHI (MNF), R. Brown v. BUF

Kennison v. DEN, CJ v. PIT, Stallworth v. TB

Heap v. HOU

Brown v. PHI

Indy DEF

Thanks a ton!!

Good morning Hugh,

WDIS? Please pick TWO.

Glenn @ NYG

Crumpler @ CAR (I am facing Vick this week, if that matters)

A. Johnson @ BAL

Dunn @ CAR

Coles @ NE

As always, thanks for your input  :D

1182201[/snapback]

Glenn is usually very inconsistent. Last several weeks he's been consistent, consistently bad. That probably means he's going to have 130 yards and 2 TD's this week, but obviously he's a HUGH risk.

Never been a fan of starting TE's, but Crumpler's been good.

AJ's coming off a good week, unfortunately it's pretty much his only good week of the season. He's a big risk against a solid Baltimore Defense.

Dunn's got a real tough matchup here, another big risk. The good news is that he'll get a lot of touches, both rushing and receiving, so the potential to do something is there.

Coles has a great matchup here. I think he's worth a shot.

I would probably go with Coles and Dunn here, although I'd consider Crumpler over Dunn, but it's a tough call. These matchups all seem VERY hit or miss to me, all 5 of them really, just hope you start the ones that hit, which IMO will be Coles and Dunn.

Hey Hugh,

Short huh  :D

standard scoring, 5-7 and clinging to a long shot to make the playoffs

RB: need 2

*Portis @ STL - nice matchup

*Droughns v. Jax - tough one, but playing well

Martin v. NE - nice matchup but will the Jets throw all day?

MMoore @ DET - Nope

M.Barber @ NYG - Nope

WR: need 2

*SSmith v. ATL - stud

*Porter @ SD - may be playing catchup

DDriver @ Chic - had been the starter but has horrible matchup

Parker @ SD

D:

*Indy v. Tenn

Vikings @ DET

Thanks Buddy!

1182210[/snapback]

As usual, I think you got it right. :D

and in another league....

standard scoring with bonus for +100yds, 10-2 and #1 and playing #3 to secure bye next week

WR: need 3

*CJohnson @ Pitt - Stud

Driver @ Chic - bad matchup

*Glenn @ NYG - been average lately

*TJ Housh @ Pitt - steady and thinking of playing along side Chad

Curtis v Was - fading out of the picture and ? with QB

RB: need 2

*Alexander @ Philly - stud

*SJackson v. Wash - Sub stud

Caddy @ NO

(A.Smith dropping for Rhodes)

With the O Line issues and back up QB are those reasons enough to bench Jackson for Carnell?

Thanks!

1182217[/snapback]

I might consider Driver over Glenn. The Driver matchup just sucks, but Glenn has blown recently. I guess stick with Glenn, usually when you least expect him to do something he does, and having been pretty bad for the last 6 weeks might indicate that he's due for HUGH game/

Tough call at RB. Tampa likes Alstott around the goal line. That hurts Caddy. Both Caddy and SJax are good starts, I'd stick with Jackson.

I might consider Driver over Glenn. The Driver matchup just sucks, but Glenn has blown recently. I guess stick with Glenn, usually when you least expect him to do something he does, and having been pretty bad for the last 6 weeks might indicate that he's due for HUGH game/

Tough call at RB. Tampa likes Alstott around the goal line. That hurts Caddy. Both Caddy and SJax are good starts, I'd stick with Jackson.

1183976[/snapback]

Thanks for dropping the knowledge! :D

Good Luck to you this week as well!

Yards & TDs + bonus points for long TDs.

Start 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 1 TE.

Who would you start?

R Droughns vs Jaguars

W McGahee @ Dolphins

TJ Duckett @ Panthers

K Jones vs Vikings

T Bell @ Chiefs

A Smith vs Bucs

JJ Arrington @ 49ers

S Smith vs Falcons

D Branch vs Jets

B Engram @ Eagles

A Johnson @ Ravens

B Lloyd vs Cardinals

LJ Smith vs Seahawks

E Kinney @ Colts

E Manning vs Cowboys* (my only QB)

S Graham @ Steelers* (my only kicker)

Pittsburgh D vs Bengal* (my only D)

Thanks!!

1182221[/snapback]

Can't you people make any of your own decisions? You need me to pick your entire lineup? I said "short and sweet". :D

Droughns and McGahee.

Branch and Smith.

Smith.

standard scoring league

need two

mcgahee @ mia

droughns vs jac

r johnson @pit

r brown vs buf

need one

boldin @ sf ( starting him)

kennison vs den

a johnson @ bal

d bennet @ indy

e moulds @ mia

1182227[/snapback]

McGahee and Droughns. Rudi's matchup excludes him, and the RBBC in Miami would bother me, along with the fact that Williams has been the better of the 2 Miami backs recently.

Those WR's are all tough. Johnson's the hottest, as well as the primary target, and even though he has a tough matchup, so do all your other options. Go with AJ here but don't expect much. He's only had 1 good game all year, and it happened to be last week against a horrendous secondary, but you can hope he does something.

Hey Hugh-

I need to make the right call here and just need some expert advice. I'm leaning towards Willie and Coles...

Pick 1 RB:

Willie Parker vs. CIN

or

Caddy Williams vs. NO

Pick 1 WR:

L. Coles vs. NE

or

D. Bennett vs. IND

Thanks...

1182253[/snapback]

Coles is the right start, hands down. Pats secondary sucks, and Bollinger should be testing his arm all day on Sunday.

RB's a tough call. 3-headed monster in Pitt scares me, and Alstott around the goal line hurts Caddy. I'm going to go against the grain here and have you start Caddilac.

HUGH the man:

My dilemmas are below with (terrible) free agent alternatives in parentheses.  Roster is in sig.  Thanks brother.

QB - Brees or Collins?  (B. Johnson, C. Simms)

3rd WR - Wilford, Matt Jones, Eric Parker or Reg. Brown? (Hackett, McCareins, Gabriel, Battle)

Flex - Willie Parker, or a WR from above? (WRs above, Dayne, Bryson)

1182258[/snapback]

I like Brees against the soft Raiders defense. Granted, they'll run a lot, but I can see 250 and 2 TD's from Brees, which would be better than any of your other options. Brees could also throw a screen that LT busts for a TD as well.

Good luck at WR, you're going to need it. In a situation as dire as this one, I try to pick the guy that will get the most looks, or has the significantly better matchup. That would have me consider Reggie Brown, but don't expect much.

Willie Parker should do decent, although expect to see Bettis and Staley vulture his carries. How many is hard to say.