[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush ... and the Texans

Grits and Shins

So if you are Houston and you have the 1st over draft pick do you take Reggie Bush?

My thoughts are that you don't really have a need at RB. DDavis is a bona fide stud although he has been out with injuries each of the last 2 years. Seems like Jonathan Wells has filled in fine when he was out.

According to everything we hear Reggie Bush is clearly the best player on the draft board. So do you draft the best player on the board and put him behind a horrible offensive line that is getting Carr and DDavis killed?

If you decided NOT to draft Reggie Bush ... surely you don't consider Leinert? Seems to me like Carr is a good QB when he gets a chance to throw, he's young, and he's past the learning curve. I have heard several analysts say that the talent around Leinert now is likely better than he will have when he gets into the NFL. He will have 5 years in college, which is a plus, but he will still have a learning curve and would still be behind one of the worst O-Lines in the league.

When I look at it I don't see how Houston can do anything but trade down and get extra picks so they can draft offensive linemen.

Just doesn't seem like adding Reggie Bush does anything for the Texans.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree

The good news for the Texans is that there will be many available suitors for that 1st pick.

In many years, even thought the team doesn't want/need the top guy, they have to take them since there are no takers.

{Aside: not hijacking thread. I remember many people saying the Bengals ought to trade out a couple years ago, because Palmer was not a bona fide QB prospect. There were no trade suitors then (and Marvin wasn't interested anyway), which I must say I we Bengals fans are pretty happy about.}

I agree they have to trade down and get more picks. They need help on the O-line but they need plenty of help on defense as well. You know the bidding war will bring a great trade for the Texans if they shank a few more kicks(allegedly) and get the top pick.

I would draft Bush, but you gotta trade him for maybe a WHOLE O-LINE......Bush is not the answer in Hou.

1212986[/snapback]

That will work if you can trade him to a team that has veteran O-linemen you want AND is willing to trade them, which seems unlikely to me given that would mean their new asset would not have a O-line.

No I think if you want o-linemen you have to trade the draft pick for other draft picks and draft the linemen you want.

No I think if you want o-linemen you have to trade the draft pick for other draft picks and draft the linemen you want.

1212997[/snapback]

exactly, they have to keep the team young and have them develop together...

1st thing's 1st, get a better coaching staff in there...

You don't want to be the team that passed on him.

1212983[/snapback]

That doesn't seem like a good way to approach the draft ... well we took Reggie because we didn't want to be the team that passed on him.

Remember, just because he is supposed to be the next best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean he will be. As I recall everybody was high on Benson, Brown and Arrington as well.

Heisman winners very often flop in the NFL.

That will work if you can trade him to a team that has veteran O-linemen you want AND is willing to trade them, which seems unlikely to me given that would mean their new asset would not have a O-line.

1212997[/snapback]

I agree, was just making a point that Hou REALLY needs that O-Line, either Draft picks or vets......

That doesn't seem like a good way to approach the draft ... well we took Reggie because we didn't want to be the team that passed on him.

Remember, just because he is supposed to be the next best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean he will be.  As I recall everybody was high on Benson, Brown and Arrington as well.

Heisman winners very often flop in the NFL.

1213006[/snapback]

Benson/Brown/JJ will be good in the NFL, you can't judge them from one year.....Benson will be the starter, Brown will be alot better without Pothead and JJ is getting more and more playing time......

No offense grits, but you might have discussed the available offensive linemen in the draft and in FA. Even dumbkopf Mojo knows that the Texan OL sucks.

How should Charley Casserley remedy this situation? If one were really knowledgeable, one would have talked about what kind of a deal could have been swung.

I expected more from you. Disappointing.

Edited by MojoMan

I think you pretend you love Reggie and want him and sell the pick to the highest bidder, like the Chargers did with Manning. It's a different scenario, but the results will be similar.

I think they'll get a few takers. They'll hype if for awhile, saying "how can you pass on the next Gale Sayers" and get extra picks.

What did San Diego get?

No offense grits, but you might have discussed the available offensive linemen in the draft and in FA.  Talked about what kind of a deal could have been swung.

I expected more from you.  Disappointing.

1213018[/snapback]

Feel free to feel disappointed ... I couldn't begin to tell you about the o linemen that will be available in the draft. Hell, I couldn't tell you about other RBs and QBs that will be available. It's not my job to know such things and I certainly don't have the time to research that kind of stuff (if I had such an inclination). However, it IS the job of a NFL coach and/or GM to know such things and act on that knowledge.

Feel free to feel disappointed ... I couldn't begin to tell you about the o linemen that will be available in the draft.  Hell, I couldn't tell you about other RBs and QBs that will be available.  It's not my job to know such things and I certainly don't have the time to research that kind of stuff (if I had such an inclination).  However, it IS the job of a NFL coach and/or GM to know such things and act on that knowledge.

1213034[/snapback]

I thought that you purport to know a lot about football. :D