[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Reggie Bush ... and the Texans

Grits and Shins

There have been some good ones like Barry Sanders, Ricky Williams, Carson Palmer, Desmond Howard, Vinny Testaverde, Bo Jackson, Charles Woodson, Marcus Allen and Herschel Walker.

1213037[/snapback]

Desmond Howard? You are kidding right? Other than a good performance in 1 SB what the hell has he done?

Testaverde? He had longevity but nothing else.

Herschel Walker has a couple good years ...

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't the Texans dump some of the wortless players thay have and go out and buy a couple good O-lineman and then draft some quality guys that can be an impact in 2007 (maybe 2006) and beyond?

I do not pass on Reggie Bush If I am the Texans :D

Being one of the few Texan fans on this board (Rhino being the other and I believe he shares my thinking), I hope they either a} draft Bush and trade him or b} traded down a few picks and pick up extra picks. Like Captain Hook, my opinion on this has been stated many times before on this board.

Can't the Texans dump some of the wortless players thay have and go out and buy a couple good O-lineman and then draft some quality guys that can be an impact in 2007 (maybe 2006) and beyond?

I do not pass on Reggie Bush If I am the Texans :D

1213071[/snapback]

If you do draft Bush, what happens to DD? Like someone said, no one will give the value he is worth AND he is still young.....

Plus I don't personally see Bush doing any better behind that line than DD is doing currently.

Bush COULD be a product of the USC system, albeit doubtful, but hou's O-Line is dismal at best, and Bush won't inprove that team.

Edited by jake_the_builder@hotmail.com

That doesn't seem like a good way to approach the draft ... well we took Reggie because we didn't want to be the team that passed on him.

Remember, just because he is supposed to be the next best thing since sliced bread doesn't mean he will be.  As I recall everybody was high on Benson, Brown and Arrington as well.

Heisman winners very often flop in the NFL.

1213006[/snapback]

I meant it as that's the type of pressure gm's face when taking the first pick. The onus is on them and I think their job becomes more about not fucking up the pick. You botch a pick when drafting in the top one or two and it can set your franchise back years. Ryan Leaf comes to mind. I think you go with the guy that is being touted as the closest thing to a sure thing.

DD would look good in Purple!!!!!

If Houston wants to take Reggie they need to get some lineman to block for him. However, LT2 had a horrible line in front of him for a couple of years and he did well...now that SD has built up a line he looks even better.

If Reggie is that good you can't pass on him. Spend some FA $$ get a couple of good lineman, get a new coaching staff, and be prepared to sell a lot of season tickets and R Bush spamshirts.

If you do draft Bush, what happens to DD? Like someone said, no one will give the value he is worth AND he is still young.....

Plus I don't personally see Bush doing any better behind that line than DD is doing currently.

Bush COULD be a product of the USC system, albeit doubtful, but hou's O-Line is dismal at best, and Bush won't inprove that team.

1213082[/snapback]

I keep DD and use them both. Use one or the other as a decoy on some plays. They can both co exist on that team. They can get o-lineman in the draft and via FA if they really do want to improve the line.

DD would look good in Purple!!!!! 

If Houston wants to take Reggie they need to get some lineman to block for him.  However, LT2 had a horrible line in front of him for a couple of years and he did well...now that SD has built up a line he looks even better.

If Reggie is that good you can't pass on him.  Spend some FA $$ get a couple of good lineman, get a new coaching staff, and be prepared to sell a lot of season tickets and R Bush spamshirts.

1213087[/snapback]

Ding motha fing Ding! :D

The best teams in the NFL tend to have 2 things in common. Good play on their o-lines, and good play on their d-lines. Houston's d-line isn't bad. They have decent skill players. They need o-line help.

trading down and getting draft picks is the way to go. They won;t necessarily be fixed this year, but with extra picks this year and next, and some coaching/front office help they should turn it around in the next couple. Thay have had the chance to acquire plenty of talent.

I think you pretend you love Reggie and want him and sell the pick to the highest bidder, like the Chargers did with Manning. It's a different scenario, but the results will be similar.

I think they'll get a few takers. They'll hype if for awhile, saying "how can you pass on the next Gale Sayers" and get extra picks.

What did San Diego get?

1213023[/snapback]

You must be talking about Vick. manning went to the Colts with the no. 1 which they had all along. SD took Leaf at #2.

The Vick deal became the picks the Chargers used to draft LT and Brees. Not a bad deal for the Chargers.

reggie bush is amazing...all i hear is gale sayers, but he lasted 5 years...playing a 16 game nfl regular season schedule isnt the same as playing a 12 games against physically overmatched teams every week

i imagine the texans wouldnt have to seek out many offers

i say move down, maybe even twice...d'brickashaw ferguson(even though he had a rough sr year)and marcus mcneil are bookend franchise tackles....and theres also jon scott of texas and eric winston who carry mid to late 1st round grades as of right now, probably a couple others im forgetting

The best teams in the NFL tend to have 2 things in common.  Good play on their o-lines, and good play on their d-lines.  Houston's d-line isn't bad.  They have decent skill players.  They need o-line help.

trading down and getting draft picks is the way to go.  They won;t necessarily be fixed this year, but with extra picks this year and next, and some coaching/front office help they should turn it around in the next couple.  Thay have had the chance to acquire plenty of talent.

1213114[/snapback]

Unless there is a coaching shake up do the Texan fans trust them to draft the right players? Can the Texans wait for the rebuild? Davis isn't getting younger and he has a lot of miles on him behind that horrible line. Carr, Davis and Johnson are very talented...weren't there comparisons to the Dallas tripletts last year? If you can trade Davis for an extra draft pick to use for another lineman or package a couple of picks to get an extra #1 (there #2 would be #33 overall) to take a top lineman. The possibilities are endless and we won't know emough until Spring.

SD was able to build their team because they traded the rights to Vick to pick the best player in the draft (LT2) and got Brees too. The young players grew up together.

It is way too early to predict if that type of situation will be available for Houston.

PS Houston could lose the pick to SF anyways as they play them in week 17 and if they beat the 9ers they would drop to the 2nd pick overall. NO way SF passes on Reggie!!! :D

PS  Houston could lose the pick to SF anyways as they play them in week 17 and if they beat the 9ers they would drop to the 2nd pick overall.  NO way SF passes on Reggie!!!  :D

1213146[/snapback]

LMAO!!!

Hadn't realized that the NFL scheduled their own Toilet Bowl this year!

PS - Dom Davis and HOUs 3rd round pick to Carolina for CAR's 1st rounder (or maybe Green Bay?)? HOUs #1.01 to SF for 1.02 and 3.02 this year and 1.?? next year ... SF takes Bush ... HOU trades 1.02 for 1.0??? for a great OT (who, don't know) ... takes another one with CARs pick at the middle/end of the 1st round ... and another in the 2nd round ... and another in the 3rd round ... and sign Shaun Alexander to a fat contract?

reggie bush is amazing...all i hear is gale sayers, but he lasted 5 years...playing a 16 game nfl regular season schedule isnt the same as playing a 12 games against physically overmatched teams every week

1213145[/snapback]

This is true. I've only watched a handful of USC games this year, but the ones I've seen Bush is running through holes big enough to drive a truck through. He won't have the same success on Sundays when he's running into LBs that are 60 lbs heavier than him and almost as fast. And, while he also has tremendous kick returning skills, I don't see an NFL franchise taking the chance of trotting out their fancy new #1 draft pick to run back kicks or punts. I think Bush will be a good NFL player, but he is so overhyped right now (at least among fans - maybe it's not the same thing among NFL GMs) that I'd be tempted to trade down. I'd certainly shop the pick around to see what I can get for it.

Bush is the hyped kind of player that nets you a 1st Round pick in the 2006, 2007 & 2008 draft. High picks a la the Ricky Williams trade made by Ditka, except you don't trade an entire year's draft for him. The Texans should net 6 high picks over the next 3 years.

Another Heisman flop: Rashaan Salaam.

What if they could draft down and get a lower 1st rounder, and additional 2nd and 3rd rounder and another 1st rounder in 2007? Sure you can draft O line in the 2nd and 3rd rounds but many of the elite O Line of today were 1st rounders. Plus, doesn't Houston also need help on defense? They could get a package by trading down and go after 3-4 elite guys to fill holes at oline, CB, d end, etc.

You can make a deal that will set up your franchise for years to come or you can take a chance on the next Barry Sanders (which is still a gamble, although it appears to be a favorable gamble for now) and end up like the Detroit? :p

Bush is the hyped kind of player that nets you a 1st Round pick in the 2006, 2007 & 2008 draft. High picks a la the Ricky Williams trade made by Ditka, except you don't trade an entire year's draft for him. The Texans should net 6 high picks over the next 3 years

exactly