[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

USC vs Texas

theeohiostate

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been back and forth on this.  Did I miss something or did they take Reggie on the sideline when they went for it?  :D  If you need a big play, why take the Heisman trophy winner out of the game?

1248753[/snapback]

I'm definitely more skeptical of Reggie Bush's pro potential after that game....not because anything he did or didn't do....Why were they so reluctant to give him touches?

I understand Texas was very quick to the corner...but?!?!?

The ol decoy theory gone wrong?

edit to fix name :doah:

Edited by bushwacked

I was already happy that the game was close and exciting and lived up to all the hype for once. I cannot remember when I have seen a quarterback almost literally win a game by himself on that scale. The Trojans shredded the UT defense with the run compared to any other team but man, Young's running was just incredible.

Whew. Now THAT was a National Championship Game!

If Young goes pro, that sort of changes the UT offense just a little bit.

They kept them off the field, cuz Texas hadn't stopped White all game long up the middle until that play. But 4th and 2 when you have a chance to pin Young back, after seeing what he did to Ohio State with a short field earlier in the year. I woulda just played conservative there and punted, and trust my defense, who hadn't given up anything big accept for the big run in the 2nd quarter. Texas had one play, and that was Vince Young, run right, and get a bunch of yards, ACCEPT when they blitzed and actually had guys back there to cover him.

I was at last year's Rose Bowl, and I thought it could never be topped. Well it was, and the btter team won.

FWIW - I think an overlooked factor was that UT was the Rose Bowl Champion, they didn't wilt in the light at the end, having been there before.

If Young goes pro, the texans should grab him.

I'm definitely more skeptical of Reggie Brown's pro potential after that game....not because anything he did or didn't do....Why were they so reluctant to give him touches? 

I understand Texas was very quick to the corner...but?!?!?

The ol decoy theory gone wrong?

1248761[/snapback]

:D

Agree. I'm also wondering about his pro-potential. They did not give him the ball on that fourth and two did they? Like I said, he's the Heisman trophy winner so give him the ball. If he can't tough yards in a situation like that in college, how the heck is he going to do it in the pros?

Is Reggie the second coming of Brian Westbrook?

Edited by Wolverines Fan

That was the first extended view I have had of Lendale White and I was very impressed. There is no question that guy is a fit in the NFL. No question at all.

That was the first extended view I have had of Lendale White and I was very impressed. There is no question that guy is a fit in the NFL. No question at all.

1248777[/snapback]

I'd rather have White than Bush.

1248777[/snapback]

He's the best of the big three, and is the closest to 'plug and play' into the NFL without missing a beat.

He is the one who holds USC's Career TD Record, not Bush, Allen, OJ etc. That alone speaks volumes.

Edited by Pope Flick

darn, still can't believe UT and VY pulled that one out. Carroll punts, not sure they had enough time to drive 80, 90 yards- oh well, F I am over it.

A few thoughts on the game and UT.

VY is flat out sick, although I still am not 100% sold on him as a stud pro QB.

TE Thomas can play- man that guy can ball.

UT DB's are GOOD- they played USC's offense as well as any I have seen.

I really wish I was in Austin right now!! :D:D:D

darn, still can't believe UT and VY pulled that one out. Carroll punts, not sure they had enough time to drive 80, 90 yards- oh well, F I am over it.

A few thoughts on the game and UT.

VY is flat out sick, although I still am not 100% sold on him as a stud pro QB.

TE Thomas can play- man that guy can ball.

UT DB's are GOOD- they  played USC's offense as well as any I have seen.

I really wish I was in Austin right now!!  :D  :D  :D

1248796[/snapback]

so much for the Puke-10 being a better conference. The big boys of the Big 12, beat up on the Big boys of the Puke 10.

:D

What a great game, a fantastic finish to some good bowl games as well.

Egotistical call by Carroll gave them a shorter field, a healthy dose of blitzing for 80+ yards may have made the difference, but maybe not.

Texas may have run out of time if USC punted there.

A true feast for the eyes of any football fan. It even had my wife oohing and ahhing, and trust me, that's pretty hard to do. :D

Great game & congratulations to Texas.

As an OSU fan, I was definitely rooting for Texas. CNN/SI had an article predicting a Texas win, much similar to the Fiesta Bowl in 2003 when OSU got no respect and Miami had a long winning streak.

Vince Young dominated, but that's been said many times.

What struck me in this game was the lack of defense. I missed most of the first quarter, but 4 of the first 5 drives of the game were stopped (2 on downs, 2 punts). After Texas late in the 1st half, there were only 2 drives that didn't end in a TO or a score until USC was stopped on their last 4th & 2.

Announcer said Texas leading tackler was the DB that broke his arm on the Jarrett TD collision - seems like neither team had a LB that made much noise the entire game.

Reggie Bush not being in on the final play spoke volumes ...

Message to Matt "I still think we're the better team" Leinart: Put up or shut up!