[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets to interview...

Duchess Jack

Tice next week.... :D

Cut from the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel...

also confirmed that he has contacted the Giants about interviewing defensive coordinator Tim Lewis and that he will interview former Vikings coach Mike Tice next week.

Tice, from Central Islip, said by phone yesterday that his level of interest is "very high." "That would be quite a tribute and an honor to be able to go home and interview for your so-called hometown football team," Tice said. "Growing up in Central Islip, what a privilege that would be."

Tice, whose mostly successful tenure in Minnesota was tarnished by a ticket-scalping scandal and the infamous boat scandal that resulted in misdemeanor charges against four players, said, "I think there were a lot of things over the four years that will make you a better head coach the next time you are afforded an opportunity to do that."

Former Packers coach Mike Sherman is "on the radar screen, but not initially," according to Bradway, who said Sherman "could be a possibility."

Bradway said flatly he is not interested in any head coaches currently under contract. Asked about his plans to interview other playoff assistants, Bradway said, "Not at this time, but we'll wait and see."

One playoff coach believed to be on Bradway's list is Bears defensive coordinator Ron Rivera, whom the Jets interviewed for the opening that went to Henderson.

Asked if he's reached out to former Giants coach Jim Fassel, Bradway said, "Not yet."

We're just positioning ourselves for the 2010 draft.

There's this kid in high school right now who's supposed to be really good. Other teams will be kicking themselves when we land this kid. It's all part of our plan...just sit back and watch how this all comes together over the next four years, you'll see.

:D

There's this kid in high school right now who's supposed to be really good.  Other teams will be kicking themselves when we land this kid.  It's all part of our plan...just sit back and watch how this all comes together over the next four years, you'll see.

1258574[/snapback]

It's never too early to start planning. :D

I don't understand the NFL Head Coach carousel.  When you suck at your job for 3+ years, why are you automatically a canidate for another HC job?  Honestly, why would anyone interview him for the HC job?  Coordinator, TE coach, line coach I would understand.

1258546[/snapback]

hate to admit it but Viks fan makes sense. :D

All the talk in Boston is that the Jets want to interview Eric Mangini (Pats D coordinator). Which only makes sense if they're doing it to tweak the Pats. He's reportedly a very talented guy, but with only 1 year experience as a D coordinator is he ready to be a HC? :D Boomer reported it on the radio yesterday, so now of course it's all any of the media types are talking about.

When you suck at your job for 3+ years...Honestly, why would anyone interview him for the HC job?  Coordinator, TE coach, line coach I would understand.

1258546[/snapback]

I agree completely. I think that Tice has shown that he is overmatched as a head coach.

Well, Tice did finish the second half of the season strong, so that is mostlikely pulling some weight at the moment-only thing I can figure.

1258565[/snapback]

True, but really when you think about it, all he did was flip the script from 2003 (9-7) and 2004 (8-8) when the Vikings started strong and collapsed at the end. This year's Vikes did nothing early, when the division could've been their's for the taking, and then rallied for some wins when it was effectively too late to matter. His teams have been very talented, yet undisciplined, underachieving, and have never shown up for anything close to a full season. It would be a joke for him to get another HC job this year.

There's this kid in high school right now who's supposed to be really good.  Other teams will be kicking themselves when we land this kid.  It's all part of our plan...just sit back and watch how this all comes together over the next four years, you'll see.

:D

1258574[/snapback]

wow, i didn't know teams are getting for me already. :D