[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One nice thing about David lee Roth's..

frenzal rhomb

He's got a bunch of people in the studio who laugh like hell when he says something funny which I don't usually get.  Don't have to think as much.  I just know to laugh too.

1258468[/snapback]

He's still alive? :D

I switch to it when there's a segment on NPR all things considered that doesn't interest me.

Yesterday he was talking about how Van Halen sucked without him. People were all calling in to stoke him. It was annoying. It was a little better this morning - actually some talk with substance - but still nothing to write home about.

If you are serious you should be ashamed of yourself.

1258884[/snapback]

I recommend reading "Crazy From the Heat"... his autobiography that was not at all embellished or self-serving. That will give you a good start into the world of the man they call Roth.

If you have more interest, I can recommend some other sources. Michael Anthony's blog is pretty a good source for info.

I recommend reading "Crazy From the Heat"... his autobiography that was not at all embellished or self-serving.  That will give you a good start into the world of the man they call Roth.

If you have more interest, I can recommend some other sources.  Michael Anthony's blog is pretty a good source for info.

1259033[/snapback]

how much is Roth paying you? :D

I recommend reading "Crazy From the Heat"... his autobiography that was not at all embellished or self-serving.  That will give you a good start into the world of the man they call Roth.

If you have more interest, I can recommend some other sources.  Michael Anthony's blog is pretty a good source for info.

1259033[/snapback]

it's a good read.

roth and van halen just grew apart. dave wanted to continue being the biggest rock band in the world that pushed all boundaries and toured to excess. eddie wanted to focus on taking the music to a different place and he no longer wanted to be the guitar player behind an all-out maniac with a receding hairline doing the splits in spandex.

now, i love dave and what he represents - he is a wild man. he continues his show today which is still full of excess and bombast. i also treasure the years that the original lineup was together because they did bring a whole new level to rock and roll.

the music with sammy is good because he can do a decent job of fronting and is a bit more in tune with eddie. what gets me about sammy is that he can just write some flat out moronic lyrics when trying to put forth that serious side ("only time will tell if we stand the test of time"). eddie got to the point where he hated writing some mind blowing music, only for sammy to put out some lane-brained lyrics that pulled it all down.

they thought they had the mix right with cherone, who seemed more intelligent, but something happened to him when he joined VH. that was a miserable failure.

i'm just hoping that some incarnation of van halen surfaces again (i'll take anything) ...

it's a good read.

roth and van halen just grew apart.  dave wanted to continue being the biggest rock band in the world that pushed all boundaries and toured to excess.  eddie wanted to focus on taking the music to a different place and he no longer wanted to be the guitar player behind an all-out maniac with a receding hairline doing the splits in spandex.

now, i love dave and what he represents - he is a wild man.  he continues his show today which is still full of excess and bombast.  i also treasure the years that the original lineup was together because they did bring a whole new level to rock and roll.

the music with sammy is good because he can do a decent job of fronting and is a bit more in tune with eddie.  what gets me about sammy is that he can just write some flat out moronic lyrics when trying to put forth that serious side ("only time will tell if we stand the test of time").  eddie got to the point where he hated writing some mind blowing music, only for sammy to put out some lane-brained lyrics that pulled it all down.

they thought they had the mix right with cherone, who seemed more intelligent, but something happened to him when he joined VH.  that was a miserable failure.

i'm just hoping that some incarnation of van halen surfaces again (i'll take anything) ...

1259997[/snapback]

The best "incarnation" of Van Halen I saw was the DLR/Sammy tour. David Lee opened the show I saw (they alternated) and Sammy finished up. They both sang most of their Van Halen hits....

The best "incarnation" of Van Halen I saw was the DLR/Sammy tour.  David Lee opened the show I saw (they alternated) and Sammy finished up.  They both sang most of their Van Halen hits....

1260018[/snapback]

i've seen dave and sammy both solo, and sammy with VH 5 or 6 times. never caught them with dave. i would have loved to have caught this show - but it still wouldn't stack up for me without eddie on stage.

Have you ever seen Eddie in an interview... like on Stern or anything?

Man... what a dick.  And his brother isn't much better.  He is a burnt out paranoid and bitter ex-coke addict.

He was a good guitarist though...

1260094[/snapback]

agree with all of the above.

i've seen dave and sammy both solo, and sammy with VH 5 or 6 times.  never caught them with dave.  i would have loved to have caught this show - but it still wouldn't stack up for me without eddie on stage.

1260029[/snapback]

Yeah...Eddie is a necessary commodity for a "real" Van Halen show...but to see Dave and Sammy back to back on an outdoor stage in Alqequerque (sp?) New Mexico made for one of the 5 best concerts I have ever seen.

His radio show is "horrible".  :D  I've tried listening to it several times on 98.5 outta' Cleveland, and it cannot be endured. And no, I'm not comparing him to Howard. He was a great rocker though.

1260150[/snapback]

yesterday, Roth said "Demi Moore is the best thing to happen to brunettes since Cinderella". All the chuckleheads in the studio laughed their collective as$es off. I didn't get the joke so I laughed along. Radio made easy.

His radio show is "horrible".  :D  I've tried listening to it several times on 98.5 outta' Cleveland, and it cannot be endured. And no, I'm not comparing him to Howard. He was a great rocker though.

1260150[/snapback]

I don't get it here so I couldn't listen. Being a good rocker doesn't make you an interesting middle aged man.

I;m a fan of satellite because I live ina small town that has only 2 stations both of which aren't worth listening too. 44 cents a day for sat is well worth it. Especially with the NFL package.