[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seahawks/Panthers

proninja

Someone overlooking the best running game in the NFL, The MVP of the NFL, The rushing title holder!

CAR cant stop the run and Shaun will run straight through you and even if he doesnt produce Darrell Jackson is an underrated Steve Smith he will shine if Alexander doesnt. We have the best QB in the NFC and the best Running back in the NFC, oh and the Best O line in the NFC. We are the best in the NFC. We'll prove it come Sunday.

1268484[/snapback]

no, i'm not overlooking it. Tiki had more overall yards, this year, oh yah, and the 2nd most in NFL history..and he did squat. Jones had a great year, and he did squat. SA looked terrible on his 6 carries for 9 yards.

But, I will admit, if SA gets it going...ugh, it's gonna get ugly real fast. Hass off that playaction as well...

As long as Smith can move the chains against that D, it should be an amazing game.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CAR cant stop the run and Shaun will run straight through you and even if he doesnt produce Darrell Jackson is an underrated Steve Smith he will shine if Alexander doesnt. We have the best QB in the NFC and the best Running back in the NFC, oh and the Best O line in the NFC. We are the best in the NFC. We'll prove it come Sunday.

1268484[/snapback]

You should check your facts first before making a blanket statement like Carolina can't stop the run. In fact, they lead the NFC in rushing D at 91.6 per game, so yes, we can stop the run.

Seattle is a very good team, but their record is helped by a 6-0 record against the sorry NFC West. That said, it should be a great game and Seattle I am sure will play a good game helped by their great crowd. Carolina is a battle tested road team that can win anywhere and can and will give the Seahawks a much tougher game than the Redskins.

Good luck next week. :D

A Huddle FBL & FFL  matchup. I like it.

Can we get some sort of bet going?

Like if Dave's Panthers lose he has to stay in our baseball league. And if Ninja's Seahawks lose he has to leave the league? :D

Just trying to cause trouble.

1269172[/snapback]

You tryin' to get rid of me, Joe?

You should check your facts first before making a blanket statement like Carolina can't stop the run.  In fact, they lead the NFC in rushing D at 91.6 per game, so yes, we can stop the run.

Seattle is a very good team, but their record is helped by a 6-0 record against the sorry NFC West.  That said, it should be a great game and Seattle I am sure will play a good game helped by their great crowd.  Carolina is a battle tested road team that can win anywhere and can and will give the Seahawks a much tougher game than the Redskins.

Good luck next week.  :D

1269102[/snapback]

ah, beautfiul facts. I LOVE IT! :D

You tryin' to get rid of me, Joe?

1269352[/snapback]

Of course not Mason. I need you in that league. At least then I'll know I can finish ahead of someone in the standings.

Just trying to be witty ( bad attempt ) and trying to get you guys to start some sort of bet.

Since we're off topic and I got your attention . . .

What are the Seahawks going to do with All Pro guard Hutchinson next year? Are they going to try to resign him an throw a boat load of cash at him? Will they franchise him?

Every Dolphin fan I know wants this guy in the worst way. As I'm sure every other team in the league does as well.

Of course not Mason. I need you in that league. At least then I'll know I can finish ahead of someone in the standings.

Just trying to be witty ( bad attempt ) and trying to get you guys to start some sort of bet.

Since we're off topic and I got your attention . . .

What are the Seahawks going to do with All Pro guard Hutchinson next year? Are they going to try to resign him an throw a boat load of cash at him? Will they franchise him?

Every Dolphin fan I know wants this guy in the worst way. As I'm sure every other team in the league does as well.

1269412[/snapback]

I've got no idea, but imo he's as important of a cog as Alexander, and I really hope he's willing to give a hometown discount, because someone's going to throw more cash at him than we're probably willing to do.

I'll make a bet with Dave. If the Panthers lose, Dave stays in the baseball league. If the Seahawks lose, I'll commish the thing so Dave will have time to stay in the league.

See. Now we're getting somewhere !!!

Any truth to this rumor ???

Sean Locklear is being held in the King County Jail on charges of domestic Violence incurred Sunday in "Pioneer Square" of all places. No details are known at this time I will update this as soon as details are made available. .NET is the FIRST source to have the news of Locklear's arrest which is why you have not heard it on the news sources.

Seattle's d very good but, Carolinas D much better.

sunday at 6:30 i will be watching

GO PANTHERZZZ

1268492[/snapback]

Im pretty sure the Panthers gave up 21 points to the Bears offense. Im pretty sure the seahawk offense is the best in the NFL or 2nd best. I easily see the Hawks outscoring the Panthers if we dont fumble the darn ball. Hasselbeck is way better then Delhomme. I dont see us losing at home when our defense plays way better. We should win this game.

1.) Im pretty sure the Panthers gave up 21 points to the Bears offense.

You are very astute and capable of reading a box score.  Congratulations!  :D

2.) Im pretty sure the seahawk offense is the best in the NFL or 2nd best.

Actually, they were the best and Shaun Alexander is a terrific player. :D

3.) I easily see the Hawks outscoring the Panthers if we dont fumble the darn ball.

The Panthers had 22 picks, 16 fumble recoveries and owned a very strong 12 +/- ratio, so you need to take care of the ball to have a chance to win on Sunday.  I can tell you that 3 TOs like the Redskins game will not abode well for the Seahawks as the Panthers have a much better offense than the Redskins.

4.) Hasselbeck is way better then Delhomme.

Hasselbeck had a great season and deserves to be going to the Pro Bowl next month.  However, your comparison about the two QBs is a little premature as far as the playoffs.  Hasselbeck is 1-2 in the playoffs with 3 TDs and 2 picks.  Delhomme is 5-1 in the playoffs with 10 TDs in 2 picks.  Hasselbeck is a fine QB, but you are crazy to say that he is WAY better.  Jake's playoff record is pretty strong and considering that 4 of those 5 wins have been ON THE ROAD shows that he is a pretty darn good QB himself.  This helps you come off as a HUGH Homer with Rose colored glasses my friend.

5.) I dont see us losing at home when our defense plays way better.

Your fans will definitely help with their crowd noise and a 9-0 record is certainly impressive, but again you lose credibility when you make stupid comments that our defense is WAY better.  If you truly believe that back it up with some facts.  Oh wait, you can't because the stats are slanted toward the Panthers:

Team Ru/G Pass/G Yds/G Sacks Int. Fum. Turn +/- Pts/G TDsSEA 94.4 222.4 316.8 50 15  9 24 +9 16.9 2CAR 91.6 191.1 282.6 45 22 16 38 +12 16.2 2

Your team was better than Carolina in one single category, sacks.  Other than yourself, any objective person would agree that the Panthers D is better, but your D is a pretty good one too.

6) We should win this game.

I would hope so.  Since we are clearly defecient in so many ways to the MIGHTY Seahawks!   :D

1270307[/snapback]

There are plenty of Homers for each team playing next Sunday, but you are getting reputation on the board like Ugly Tuna. Maybe we should call you UT Lite. You just make wacky comments without any facts to support your outrageous statements.

The Seahawks have a great team and have earned the home field advantage. However, the Panthers are a very good football team that has a great Defense and good special teams and play well on the road as indicated by our 4 straight road wins in the playoffs. This will be a great game and should be very close with a FG potentially deciding the contest at the end.

For all the rest of the Seahawks fans including my buddy, Proninja, I am looking forward to a great game on Sunday and may the BEST team win on Sunday! :D

Edited by PSULions

There are plenty of Homers for each team playing next Sunday, but you are getting reputation on the board like Ugly Tuna.  Maybe we should call you UT Lite. 

1271001[/snapback]

:D

You just make wacky comments without any facts to support your outrageous statements. 

1271001[/snapback]

the kid is 16 years old. :D

It will be interesting to see what the Seahawks do to counter Steve Smith.

I like both teams and am really looking forward to this game. Hopefully Alexander will be back up to speed this weekend, I think CAR will be just fine with Goings.

Edited by Gdawg

When I said our defense plays way better I meant we played way better at home. You mis interpreted what I was saying. I didnt mean carolina d but they did give up 21 points to the bears.

When I said our defense plays way better I meant we played way better at home. You mis interpreted what I was saying. I didnt mean carolina d but they did give up 21 points to the bears.

1272536[/snapback]

You did not state it very clear in your post. Glad to see that you have some sense that tho your D is good, it is not as strong as the Panthers D has been all season and through 2 games of the playoffs.

Should be a great game next Sunday.

Seahawks are way better than the Panthers. Panthers suck.

1272551[/snapback]

:D To all you Panther fans, I would like to apologize for the comments of both Jedi & Seahawks37. Not all of us Seattle fans think the Panthers suck.

Some of us think THEY TOTALLY BLOW!!!! :D

Edited by Bonehand

:D To all you Panther fans, I would like to apologize for the comments of both Jedi & Seahawks37. Not all of us Seattle fans thinks the Panthers suck.

Some of us think THEY TOTALLY BLOW!!!!  :D

1272677[/snapback]

To all you Panther fans, I would like to apologize for the comments of Jedi, Seahakws37, & Bonehand. Not all of the Seattle fans thinks the Panthers suck.

Some of them KNOW they totally suck.

:D

(And before all the non-knowers start in... I am a Redskin fan and while I would probably like Seattle to win since I live in the area I am not rooting for or against either team.)

Our defense hasnt played bad in the playoffs you cant take anything away from them. 10 points given up in one game. and it was a lucky touchdown off the hands of Andre Dyson. Our defense has played excellent, we'll just have to see who plays better on sunday.

Man, I have a lot of problems with the Seahawks winning this game...first of all, they had a cakewalk of a season. Who did they play/beat this year? The 49ers twice (which they could easily have lost the first game), the Rams twice, the Cardinals twice, the Titans, Texans, and Eagles to name a few...that's 9 of their 13 regular season wins this year...the teams they played that actually had winning records, let's take a look there...they lost to Jacksonville and Washington...barely beat Dallas on a day when neither team could score anything. The Giants and Falcons game they won, barely, and those could have gone either way really, plus IMO both those teams had issues at one point or another during the season with both their offenses and defenses. The Green Bay and Indy games were gimmies as the Hawks had nothing to play for against the Pack and Indy was out there going through the motion...

Don't get me wrong, I like the Seahawks and think they are a decent team...I just think the Panthers have been there, done that, and will give them a lot more trouble this weekend then pretty much what they've seen all year...just my 2 cents worth

Yes the Hawks had an easy schedule but you cant take anything away from them being the best team in the NFC. They won the games that count and won a playoff game. We wont lose at home. I will bet bank on it.