[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Broncos/Steelers

Roustabout

throwing these out for discussion:

1. Was Big Ben's throwing arm injured against the Colts? If so, how badly?

2. Big Ben loved Elway. Could be a big emotional boost for him to be playing at Denver.

3. The Steelers have a poor recent AFC championship game record. But most of those games were in Pittsburgh, weren't they? They might be better off coming to Denver.

4. Darrent Williams said he was at 60% for the Pats game. (He has groin strain from several weeks ago.) I think it showed when he was in coverage. He's been a big part of our secondary this year and I think the Denver defense feeds off his emotion.

Who cares about these topics.

I like the Steelers and all but Denver will take this game with ease. I just don't see the Steelers being able to regroup after winning a hard fought game (should't have been) in Indy. I just don't see them going up to "mile high" (or whatever they call it now), and winning.

Edited by Flip_Side

I like the Steelers and all but Denver will take this game with ease. I just don't see the Steelers being able to regroup after winning a hard fought game (should't have been) in Indy. I just don't see them going up to "mile high" (or whatever they call it now), and winning.

1270623[/snapback]

Ponies win this game big, Pitt will be outclassed and outcoached.

1270623[/snapback]

Ponies win this game big,  Pitt will be outclassed and outcoached.

1270628[/snapback]

Anything can happen on any given Sunday... as we all saw this past weekend! GO BRONCOS!!!!

1270675[/snapback]

I was told by many on here, and many of the media that the Steelers had no chance two weeks ago against the Bengals despite the fact that they were favored, I was then told by almost everyone on here and everyone in the media that they had no business even playing the Colts yesterday. People picking the Broncos is understandable, and isn't going to upset me in the slightest. I think it is going to be a great, close game on Sunday.

throwing these out for discussion:

1.  Was Big Ben's throwing arm injured against the Colts?  If so, how badly?

2.  Big Ben loved Elway.  Could be a big emotional boost for him to be playing at Denver.

3.  The Steelers have a poor recent AFC championship game record.  But most of those games were in Pittsburgh, weren't they?  They might be better off coming to Denver.

4.  Darrent Williams said he was at 60% for the Pats game.  (He has groin strain from several weeks ago.)  I think it showed when he was in coverage.  He's been a big part of our secondary this year and I think the Denver defense feeds off his emotion.

1270396[/snapback]

1. Haven't heard anything yet on Ben's arm, but I'm sure we will hear plenty as the week goes on.

2. Big Ben did love Elway, and there isn't a better QB for him to try to emulate. I don't necessarily think it will be an emotional boost though, as playing in his 2nd AFC Championship game, and trying to make-up for his poor performance in last year's is probably motivation enough.

3. Though it is silly, the playing with homefield in the AFC Championship game hasn't worked well (1-4), so maybe the opposite will work better ? Who knows. The Steelers have been an exceptional road team over the last two seasons.

4. If Willliams is injured, hopefully the Steelers can expose it, as, just as I said last week, it is going to take good balance on offense to beat the Broncos.

I think it would be very foolish to think Denver will walk all over the Steelers.

I think Denver will win, but the Steelers have shown that they are a serious competitor.

We have a great run DF, but then again... Bettis is a very different RB than Tomlinson or the other good backs we've shut down. And Pit showed Sunday that they can throw to Heath Miller to keep the chains moving when the run isn't working and Hines is doubled.

Shanahan is scheming away right now though in the bowels of Mile High... plotting against Cowher... (and He-Man).

i think it shapes up as a very interesting game that could go either way. two gambling defenses and two offenses with different ways of keeping defenses off balance. i really think it boils down to coaching and gameplanning, and i have to give the broncos a bit of an intellectual edge there, but who knows.

basically i think coaching is slightly in our favor, and i just really have faith in the broncos defense right now. and if all that fails, hopefully a little mile high mystique can bail the fellas out.

I've still not heard anything on Bens arm. I am also a bit concerned about it. Going to Mile High can never be considered a good thing for Pitt however, this year they can really rally behind how well they have done on the road and maybe that motivates them that little extra bit.

I do expect a good game and I think Vegas has it about right with a 3pt spread. I can see this game going either way but Denver gets the three for the home field so the Steelers will have to play another great game.

Pitt will lose big.

1270770[/snapback]

Can I hear what your predictions were on the Cincy-Pit game and Indy-Pit game so that I can get a genral feel for your accurracy on predictions..... :D

No way Denver just walks all over Pitt. I see them as two very similar teams. Tough D's that blitz like mad, and run oriented offenses. Denver seems to have trouble on offense with 3-4 defenses so this is going to be an extremely tough test for them. The one slight edge I give to Denver is offensive scheme's. Shanny is really good at finding weaknesses. This will be a close game.

I was told by many on here, and many of the media that the Steelers had no chance two weeks ago against the Bengals despite the fact that they were favored, I was then told by almost everyone on here and everyone in the media that they had no business even playing the Colts yesterday.  People picking the Broncos is understandable, and isn't going to upset me in the slightest.  I think it is going to be a great, close game on Sunday.

1270683[/snapback]

Really. I know many that thought the Steelers were the most dangerous team coming into the playoffs. Some said NE and Cincy should position themselves so they didn't play them. They are peaking at the right time.

I think whoever is more ready will win this game. Either one could do it. Denver should be favored but the Steelers should be ready too.

Still both will probably say they are dis-respected. :D

Can I hear what your predictions were on the Cincy-Pit game and Indy-Pit game so that I can get a genral feel for your accurracy on predictions.....  :D

1270796[/snapback]

Ask Capt. Hooh how H8'er did on the Jax-Pats game while you're at it.

Edited by Randall

I look for Denver to run a lot and try to take advantage against an aggresive blitz scheme by Pitt. Note to Shanny: It's ok to run Tatum bell AROUND the outside of the tackles---he doesn't need to try and bust it up the middle every time.

This will be the toughest opponent Denver will play this year.

No way Denver just walks all over Pitt.  I see them as two very similar teams.  Tough D's that blitz like mad, and run oriented offenses.  Denver seems to have trouble on offense with 3-4 defenses so this is going to be an extremely tough test for them.  The one slight edge I give to Denver is offensive scheme's.  Shanny is really good at finding weaknesses.  This will be a close game.

1270827[/snapback]

Very well said. I think they are really even and except a great game !

It should be a great matchup of two teams that "are under the radar..." LOL

It was great seeing Pittsburgh dismantle the Colts, just like San Diego did. From what I saw Pittsburgh followed their game plan pretty well. IMHO Pittsburgh does not match up very well with Denver. But then again I am a homer!

GO BRONCOS!!!

It should be a great matchup of two teams that "are under the radar..." LOL

It was great seeing Pittsburgh dismantle the Colts, just like San Diego did. From what I saw Pittsburgh followed their game plan pretty well. IMHO Pittsburgh does not match up very well with Denver. But then again I am a homer!

GO BRONCOS!!!

1271283[/snapback]

I think these teams are in many ways mirror images of each other. it will be very interesting to see what happens.

i think it shapes up as a very interesting game that could go either way.  two gambling defenses and two offenses with different ways of keeping defenses off balance.  i really think it boils down to coaching and gameplanning, and i have to give the broncos a bit of an intellectual edge there, but who knows. 

basically i think coaching is slightly in our favor, and i just really have faith in the broncos defense right now.  and if all that fails, hopefully a little mile high mystique can bail the fellas out.

1270768[/snapback]

Got to agree with much of what the Az man says here. Cowher's a great motivational guy, but he isn't so smart with the Xs & Os. Cowher has to trust his coordinaters and leave the playcalling completely up to them IMO.

I think it will be a close one. All going to depend on which D can force the most turnovers.

im surprised people havent learned their lesson about picking teams to kill the steelers. after two weeks in a row of watching the steelers clearly outplay and outcoach two teams everyone said would win.. the trend continues. the steelers play much much better as underdogs and with their backs against the wall. they have been one of, if not the best road team for the last 2 seasons.

these two teams couldnt be more similar imo. both rely heavily on the run.. both play aggressive blitzing defense. both have solid qbs that can win their teams games. each team has a star wide receiver (smith and ward) coupled with a good, but inconsistent receiver (lelie and randle el). both have a star safety (polamalu and lynch). each have great olines that have solid run blocking, but can give up sacks at times. the coaches are both great.. the difference is shanny has 2 super bowls and cowher has none. of course shanny had elway while cowher had odonnell and stewart (quite a difference.) i would say the broncos have the edge at cb, but with williams possibly playing hurt.. this could be a wash as well, because ike taylor is severely underrated as opposed to bailey's all pro status.. taylor doesnt get the picks, but he takes star receivers out of games consistently. in only his 3rd year as a pro, first as a starter.. he is well on his way to a hell of a career. im probably missing more similarities. the difference is the records.. 13-3 to 11-5.. although the steelers could easily be 13-3 had maddox not handed 2 games away. the other being homefield advantage.. denver plays well at home and the steelers play well on the road.. i will say this though.. the broncos imo rely more on the run than the steelers do. ben has now proven he can take a team on his back with a poor running game. hes always had the ability, but now he finally proved it. for anyone that thinks denver will run all over the steelers or be any bit successful, think again.. the steelers have one of the best run defenses in the league. theres a reason why they have only given up one 100 yard rusher in about 30 games.

this post got a lot longer than i thought it would get, but the teams are nearly identical.