[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WOW!

rocknrobn26

I've seen this commercial on TV......and yeah I think it was on the superbowl. Still brings a tear to my eyes when I watch it. Remindes me how the Vietnam Vets should have been received home. At least we learn from our mistakes!

Also found this...... dont know if it was posted here, did a search and couldnt find it.....sorry if it was..

GOTTA LOVE THE ELDERLY

Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent

interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro station in DC:

There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on

the evils of America. I politely declined to take one. An elderly woman

was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20ish) female

protesteroffered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a

gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, "Lady, don't you care about

the children of Iraq?"

The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my father died in

France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam.

All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth

our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your

ass and open it!"

:D ~God Bless America~

I've seen this commercial on TV......and yeah I think it was on the superbowl.  Still brings a tear to my eyes when I watch it.  Remindes me how the Vietnam Vets should have been received home.  At least we learn from our mistakes!

Also found this...... dont know if it was posted here, did a search and couldnt find it.....sorry if it was..

GOTTA LOVE THE ELDERLY

Here's a quote from a government employee who witnessed a recent

interaction between an elderly woman and an antiwar protester in a Metro station in DC:

There were protesters on the train platform handing out pamphlets on

the evils of America. I politely declined to take one. An elderly woman

was behind me getting off the escalator and a young (20ish) female

protesteroffered her a pamphlet, which she politely declined.

The young protester put her hand on the old woman's shoulder as a

gesture of friendship and in a very soft voice said, "Lady, don't you care about

the children of Iraq?"

The old woman looked up at her and said, "Honey, my father died in

France during World War II, I lost my husband in Korea, and a son in Vietnam.

All three died so you could have the right to stand here and bad mouth

our country. If you touch me again, I'll stick this umbrella up your

ass and open it!"

:D ~God Bless America~

1271711[/snapback]

AMEN!! :D

I've seen this commercial on TV......and yeah I think it was on the superbowl.  Still brings a tear to my eyes when I watch it.  Remindes me how the Vietnam Vets should have been received home.  At least we learn from our mistakes!

1271711[/snapback]

That was the first thing I thought of, at least our troops are no longer being treated like our Vietnam vets were.

And...this brings many tears to my eyes...:D

:D

That was the first thing I thought of, at least our troops are no longer being treated like our Vietnam vets were.

And...this brings many tears to my eyes...:D

:D

1272057[/snapback]

I came home in '73 and there were no parades or appaulse. I always vowed to teach my children how special our country was and the terrific sacrifices so many have made to keep it so.

Great spot. :D

I came home in '73 and there were no parades or appaulse.  I always vowed to teach my children how special our country was and the terrific sacrifices so many have made to keep it so. 

Great spot.  :D

1272474[/snapback]

Bless you, my friend! I had many friends come home (1 didn't) from VN in the late 60's/early 70's. None of them, thank God, ever complained or where verbally attacked by the "baby killer' idiots, but several still have problems associated w/ VN! One of my friends was actually rejected for membership in the local VFW (c1969), 'cause they said "It ain't a war!". :D They were eventually allowed to join later. He died in ~1983-4 from things related to his experiences in VN (alcohol, drugs, etc.)! He saw/experienced some very nasty stuff over there that really twisted his head. He never really 'came back', if you get my drift. :D

Bless you, my friend!  I had many friends come home (1 didn't) from VN in the late 60's/early 70's.  None of them, thank God, ever complained or where verbally attacked by the "baby killer' idiots, but several still have problems associated w/ VN!  One of my friends was actually rejected for membership in the local VFW (c1969), 'cause they said "It ain't a war!".  :D They were eventually allowed to join later.  He died in ~1983-4 from things related to his experiences in VN (alcohol, drugs, etc.)!  He saw/experienced some very nasty stuff over there that really twisted his head.  He never really 'came back', if you get my drift. :D

1272510[/snapback]

Like Sherman said, "War is Hell."

I can't even begin to imagine...