[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler Haters: Get Over It

Menudo

I think Steelers are great and a great organization ...it was a huge win last week

but I do not believe for one second they can do it again on the road this week vs a very good ( and some what underrated ) Broncos team

Playing Broncos is no joke in Mile High

I wish your team well Menudo but i think the party ends this weekend

Broncos 20 - Steelers 13

Good luck

1275219[/snapback]

By no means do I see the Steelers rolling this week. I picked them to win 24-21, but, it is going to be a tough road and will take another performance like last week to get it done. If they falter one bit, the Broncos are going to take it.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't call you UT.... said... don't become UT.

Starting to cross over into that territory.....

Be happy, be proud.... stand up and yell it at the top of your lungs... but for gosh sakes... don't push out of the envelope.

Was just trying to give a word of caution so you don't go too far over the edge.

1275220[/snapback]

Actually, I appreciate it. I try to walk the line, if I went too far with this post, I apologize. :D

Edited by Menudo

I don't think anyone could ever get as bad as him.  I know people love to try to lump me in there, but, think back or go back and look at his posts, there will never be another UT.

1275194[/snapback]

Ahhh...the old "it could never happen to me" post. UTism is like alcoholism, it's a progressive desease. And the only one who doesn't recognize the symptoms is the one with the disease. You need to get yourself into a 12-step program. Is there an Ugly Tunas Anonymous chapter in your area? I'm begging you to get help before its too late.

Ahhh...the old "it could never happen to me" post.  UTism is like alcoholism, it's a progressive desease.  And the only one who doesn't recognize the symptoms is the one with the disease.  You need to get yourself into a 12-step program.  Is there an Ugly Tunas Anonymous chapter in your area?  I'm begging you to get help before its too late.

1275231[/snapback]

:D Nudges a little further ahead of Whomper. C'mon Whomp, make me laugh. :D

I've never seen so many fans of other teams, that are not in the playoffs, coming in and ripping on a team that is still in the playoffs.  It is comical.  Don't you think it sounds a bit funny to be a Ravens, Cowboys, Browns, or Bengals fan coming in and telling us how much pain we are going to feel when we lose this week ?  Or tellingt us what babies our fans are ?  Your teams are done, bow down to us and shut your mouths.  :D

1275162[/snapback]

I notice you didn't mention Pats fans. The style of play between the Steelers and the Pats is very similar, tough defenses, cold weather, etc.

A majority of Pats fans were hoping the Steelers knocked off the Colts last week, even after hopes of hosting the AFC Championship game were erased Sat. night.

The Pats have played the Steelers a lot in the recent years, and have had the better of them, but I would rather see a tough east coast team like the Steelers representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

I agree about Sky.  He is awesome.  The one post I showed my wife to explain to her how great I thought this place was happened to be Sky's trip post.  She thought it was awesome and thought that Sky was a "cute" old man.  However, him bringing up UT, and you trying to frighten me with the fact that other's think I'm getting close to UT status is just a jab and laughable.  Let me remind you what UT was like.......

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?act=...sult_type=posts

1275211[/snapback]

You think it's laughable, that's not surprising, but if the shoe fits......... :D

The only difference between yourself and UT is that you're not a complete idiot. As far as blinding homersim and monotous homer drivel, you guys are pretty much twins. I know you'll never believe it, but as you can see, I'm not the only one to think so. And I'm not trying to frighten you, I'm trying to enlighten you and help you out. You should be thanking me. :D

I notice you didn't mention Pats fans.  The style of play between the Steelers and the Pats is very similar, tough defenses, cold weather, etc. 

A majority of Pats fans were hoping the Steelers knocked off the Colts last week, even after hopes of hosting the AFC Championship game were erased Sat. night.

The Pats have played the Steelers a lot in the recent years, and have had the better of them, but I would rather see a tough east coast team like the Steelers representing the AFC in the Super Bowl.

1275237[/snapback]

As tough as a team as Denver is, and trust me, I have a ton of respect for them. I'm glad we are playing them and not the Patriots. I know the Patriots are down a bit, but they just seem to have Ben and the Steelers number right now. :D

Man I want to root for the Steelers this week because of Cowher, Troy and mostly Bettis but this guy keeps pushing me away with this garbage.

Why are Steeler fans now like Red Sox fans? Ugh

I was just looking at that UT thread that Menudo posted.

Not only did UT never spell Belichick correctly, but he never spelled it the same way twice! I had forgotten about that.... :D I used to correct the guy constantly, but he could never get it right. :D

I was just looking at that UT thread that Menudo posted.

Not only did UT never spell Belichick correctly, but he never spelled it the same way twice!  I had forgotten about that.... :D   I used to correct the guy constantly, but he could never get it right.   :D

1275279[/snapback]

Does anyone know for sure what did happened to him ? Did he just stop posting, or was he banned, or would we have heard from him again had the Patriots won the Super Bowl ?

Edited by Menudo

Man I want to root for the Steelers this week because of Cowher, Troy and mostly Bettis but this guy keeps pushing me away with this garbage.

Why are Steeler fans now like Red Sox fans?  Ugh

1275264[/snapback]

Wow. I've underestimated my power. I feel like a Super-Hero............ I was going to delete that, as I've opened myself up for some Super-Hero names, but, I'll leave it in. :D

P.S. Bengal Mania has been typing for a while. Methinks he didn't take kindly to my Bengals comments. :D

Edited by Menudo

Does anyone know for sure what did happen to him ?  Did he just stop posting, or was he banned, or would we have heard from him again had the Patriots won the Super Bowl ?

1275291[/snapback]

Stopped posting. And you put him on your ignore list. :D Talk about the pot and the kettle. :D

Stopped posting. And you put him on your ignore list. :D Talk about the pot and the kettle. :D

1275297[/snapback]

When did I put him on my ignore list ? I didn't think I ever did that to anyone. By the way Hugh, I'm glad the two of us got over that brief period when we were being nice to each other. :D

I'm not surprised that the Bengals fans are doing it.  They have been whining little biatches since their 'dream season' has been put to bed by the Steelers, and, obviously, they would give ANYTHING to have an inkling of the success that the Steelers organization has enjoyed through the years.   

1275162[/snapback]

for having our single great hope taken out at the knees on the first passing play of the first playoff appearance in 15 years, i'd say we bengal fans around here have handled ourselves just fine. not sure how you would have preferred we reacted to that ...

i did think pitt was flat against cincy, but i definitely have been giving credit to pitt for the indy win. if they continue to play at that level, they definitely can give denver a serious run.

never have i criticized your entire organization and fan base as you did in this note.

The Steelers have been, by far, the best team in a pretty sh!tty division. I like Bill Cowher, I like the way they run the organization, but put them in a better division through the years, he doesn't have even the same "degree" of success, or whatever you want to call it. I've said it before, Pitt is the Atlanta Braves of football.

I can't and won't speak for all Bengals fans, just the one I know best. If you read my posts throughout the year, I have always said the road to the division goes thru Pitt. Cincy won the division by winning in Pitt, and DESERVED to win the division. There's no arguing how bad Cincy has been, WAAAY behind Pitt. But not anymore. That is, IF our QB's career isn't over.

The only thing that mattered in the Pitt-Cin playoff game is the final score, and Pitt is still playing, so congrats to all you sh!thead Steeler fans. But the way many Pitt fans have said it absolutely didn't matter that Palmer was knocked out is FUNNY. Those same fans, I recall, were lamenting Pitt's chances with Touchdown Tommy at the helm. Here's two predictions for you: #1) If Palmer comes back fully healthy, the Bengals will again compete very well with Pitt for the division and maybe in the playoffs. #2) If Pitt takes out Palmer's knee again in any of these said contests, I predict Pitt will win again, and thus continue the "dominance." Duh! If that sounds like I'm whining, tough t!tties, maybe I am.

I don't think people really hate the Steelers so much. I think it is targetted more at Steeler fans who think they are the best team in history, despite the fact they've won no Superbowls in almost 30 years.

Wow, I was just gonna type "B.low Me", but I guess I got a little more wordy!

Edited by Bengal Mania

When did I put him on my ignore list ?  I didn't think I ever did that to anyone.  By the way Hugh, I'm glad the two of us got over that brief period when we were being nice to each other.  :D

1275303[/snapback]

You seem to have quite the selective memory:

You have chosen to ignore uglytuna. View this post · Squeeze me a little harder uglytuna

Congrats U.T.  I've been at the Huddle for about 5 or 6 years, don't let the message count or membership number fool you.  My original number was 60, but I screwed up the account and had to have it re-created.  Anyway, my point, you are the first person I have ever put on my ignore list.  You are simply an annoying troll, nothing more, nothing less.  I find even the annoying entertaining at times, but you are no longer entertaining.  As for those saying that the Pats will confuse Ben, give me a break !!!  Do you truly think the Pats weren't trying to confuse him when he lit you up in the regular season.  This Steeler fan is rooting for the Pats today, because I like our chances MUCH better against them than against the Colts.

656604[/snapback]

This really could be you arguing with yourself. Especially the annoying troll part. I bolded the part that shows you what several if not most if not all of us think about you. :D

for having our single great hope taken out at the knees on the first passing play of the first playoff appearance in 15 years, i'd say we bengal fans around here have handled ourselves just fine.  not sure how you would have preferred we reacted to that ...

i did think pitt was flat against cincy, but i definitely have been giving credit to pitt for the indy win.  if they continue to play at that level, they definitely can give denver a serious run.

never have i criticized your entire organization and fan base as you did in this note.

1275310[/snapback]

Wasn't talking about you. I was talking about some of your Bengal fan friends. I have said plenty of good things about the Bengals, and you know it. My comments were a response to what some of the other Bengal fans have been laying out there this week.

You seem to have quite the selective memory:

This really could be you arguing with yourself. Especially the annoying troll part. I bolded the part that shows you what several if not most if not all of us think about you. :D

1275324[/snapback]

There goes Hugh, thinking he speaks for everyone at the Huddle. Perhaps another post calling me out, and then having MOST of the repsected Huddlers come in to defend me would be appropriate. There is one thing that you have always failed to recognize. Just because you think it, doesn't make it so......

Wow.  I've underestimated my power.  I feel like a Super-Hero............  I was going to delete that, as I've opened myself up for some Super-Hero names, but, I'll leave it in.  :D

P.S.  Bengal Mania has been typing for a while.  Methinks he didn't take kindly to my Bengals comments.  :D

1275294[/snapback]

Well as much as I hate to say but other people do affect how I view teams especially since I spend so much time here at the huddle. Not a ton but it does influance me a bit.

The main Indy guy I know here is Hook and I find him highly tolerable about the Colts, not the Pacers mind you, but the Colts I do.

Patriots fans have been a bit out of hand for a few years now, mainly UT and because there is a Sox connection it made it worse for me.

Panthers and Bronco fans I have no problem with on this board. Broncos05 can get out of hand a bit but I haven't seen much of him this year. The others seem pretty cool.

That said, any team that has a nice long run starts to get hated by fans around the country, even Jordan's Bulls especially if their own team sucks, like my Lions.

That said I'll be rooting for the Steelers, again mainly because I'm a hugh Bettis fan because of his local connection and I also like Cowher and Troy P. is rapidly becoming my favorite player outside of Detroit. Also because I'm not a big Shanny fan.