[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steeler Haters: Get Over It

Menudo

Skylive5 stated it right.

We are over it.I'm a Bengals fan,and I'M over it.Some people continue to bring it up because of a need to either chest thump,or rub it in.We were getting these types of posts in the Bengals forums for over a week after the game,and the end result was many bannings.

Again,these types of posts serve no other purpose than to rub it in,or gloat.

Or fulfill the poster's need for attention.

Edited by Sox

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be pushing it just a tad far here. Don't become UT.

1275166[/snapback]

Oh, he is already taken over for UT.

And for the record, if I had to live in the dump you people live in, Id probably be thankful for something. The only city worse than Pittsburgh to live is New Orleans for obvious reasons.

Oh, he is already taken over for UT. 

No he hasn't.

And for the record, if I had to live in the dump you people live in, Id probably be thankful for something.  The only city worse than Pittsburgh to live is New Orleans for obvious reasons.

You live in Texas for cryin' out loud.... get real.

1275445[/snapback]

I'm really not trying to, but, don't you think some of it is in self defense ?  :D

Have you read some of GDawg, Sgt. Ryan, TheOhioState, posts ?

1275170[/snapback]

Self defense? Why do you care.

just shut it dude.

I am torn between wanting the Steelers to win this week to get the Bus one step closer and wanting them to lose if only to shut your relentless jabbering up.

Sky, Do I need to remind you why Texas Stadium has an open roof.  So GOD can watch his football team.  It doesnt get any better than Texas.

1275468[/snapback]

:D

Better watch out. May need to cut my home state in half and make Texas the 3rd largest instead of the 2nd largest. :D

Must admit that while Texas leaves me cold... there are some good people in and around Dallas. Just as there is in Pitt. That city has really cleaned up from the last century.

Now will come the common "Oh yeah, well, if you don't win the Super Bowl, it doesn't matter."  That statement always made me laugh.  Of course that is the ultimate goal, but, I think there are different levels of success:  Winning season, making playoffs, making Championship game, Making Super Bowl, Winning Super Bowl.   Those that try to act like there aren't are just avoiding the fact that their team couldn't stack up.

1275162[/snapback]

This is why you are becoming an annoying blind-ass homer. Everything you frame suits your argument ... how funny that in a list of what makes for "success" there is no mention of winning the division.

You've compared Bengals fans (and others) to Coffeeman, an alleged bet-welcher. Even in jest, that's a pretty serious charge at the huddle. You've harped on the alleged fight with CJ as a breakdown of the entire organization and that Marvin Lewis has lost control of his team -- again, not only not true, but completely none of your business. You've made statements that losing Palmer had no effect on the game.

I think Bengals fans have been most repectful of the history of the Steelers throughout the season. I agree with BengalMania that we've been pretty reserved about the Palmer incident, including most of us agreeing that you won that game solidly, and the hit was not intentionally malicious.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're still an okay guy, as anonymous message board posters go. But you are absolutely baiting people, calling them names, accusing them of whining or dissing your steelers ... this is not how a good winner acts. Be proud of your team, root for your team, and be happy for your team.

And as for saying "nice things" about other people's teams ... now you're starting to sound like a psycho girlfriend. Eight hours of nagging and complaining are not wiped out by throwing in a "but I still love you, sweetie" once a day.

And as for saying "nice things" about other people's teams ... now you're starting to sound like a psycho girlfriend. Eight hours of nagging and complaining are not wiped out by throwing in a "but I still love you, sweetie" once a day.

1275525[/snapback]

i do agree with this. you do not walk the line very well between slamming relentlessly and saying nice things to try and stay friendly.

i was not around when this tuna cat trolled, but it does sound like he was consistent. in a strange way, i respect consistently annoying vs. the inconsistent wavering back an forth between annoying and nice guy.

just post about your team and try to stay out of the baiting and slamming. i have no problem reading about your love for the steelers and seeing your thoughts on the game, but starting a thread like this serves no purpose other than to do what is mentioned by others above ...

sedate yourself until sunday.

Consider this my official vote for Menudo as best fisherman for the huddle awards.

1275565[/snapback]

LOL Don't think it is even called that anymore.... think it's called the Spain Award now.

'Sides, don't believe this was a fishing expedition at all.... it was how he felt. Big difference.

Edited by skylive5

I love how this one thing added so much entertainment to the board as a whole. Between Manning, the refs, Bettis, etc. there have been at least 20+ topics on a game that was expected to be just another day at the office. At first I was sick of it, but now "it's all quite comical."

Consider this my official vote for Menudo as best fisherman for the huddle awards.

1275565[/snapback]

Sgt. Ryan ain't no slouch at fishing, did you see the string he came home with the other day? :D

:D  Nudges a little further ahead of Whomper.  C'mon Whomp, make me laugh.  :D

1275234[/snapback]

:D Come to the tailgate.

In Menudo's defense - many of his posts are in threads started by others who are baiting him into defending the Steelers. He is unlike UT in two very important ways: (1) UT wasn't just about sharing his joy about his team's successes - he was spiteful, and (2) UT rooted for the Patsies and Tom "Purse-Boy" Brady, while Menudo roots for a real team and QB. :D

Nonetheless, maybe it is time to tone it down a notch.

And those of you who said you want to root for the Steelers but won't because of Menudo - that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

Man oh man. Nothing brings out the venom in the Huddle like a Championship weekend on the horizon.

I can't wait for Monday to see who shows up around here after all the dust has settled.

In Menudo's defense - many of his posts are in threads started by others who are baiting him into defending the Steelers.  He is unlike UT in two very important ways: (1) UT wasn't just about sharing his joy about his team's successes - he was spiteful, and (2) UT rooted for the Patsies and Tom "Purse-Boy" Brady, while Menudo roots for a real team and QB.  :D

Nonetheless, maybe it is time to tone it down a notch.

And those of you who said you want to root for the Steelers but won't because of Menudo - that is the most retarded thing I have ever heard.

1275689[/snapback]

It's not just Menudo now. :D