[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A Challenge to the huddle.

skibrett15

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone given the thought that the reason this 'challenge' has been issued might be so they can validate their site?

"Ya know, if we can get a couple of established sites to play us maybe people will think we are for real and not a bunch of tea sipping, scone eating, wanna be's."

"You might be on to something. First we need to get the well respected Huddle to join in. Without them no one will take us seriously."

"Somebody please pass the tea."

1280048[/snapback]

I looked through their site. It looks pretty good, with lots of serious members.

so I take it you'll select 4 from those who have a bunch of championships?

1280127[/snapback]

:D I made the suggestion that we nominate people that have won leagues here. It's nothing solid (as it's not exactly like I have pull :D )

Edited by Caveman_Nick

Well, after 120 or more responses, this may be a little late, but . . .

Why don't you Cafe people APPLY for entry into the well established "InterBoard Challenge" League. There are already 5 or more boards competing and maybe you could qualify for that?

http://ffwarroom.com/cgi-bin/forumdisplay....er=26&SUBMIT=Go USED to be the League's messgae board.

:D

I would like to take this opportunity to say that Brewer has a nice set of wheels for his avatar.  What do you get for mileage?  :D

1280052[/snapback]

Don't know. When you're behind the wheel of such a sweet ride, mileage is the last thing to go through your mind.

2 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)

2 Members: Brewer, skibrett15

Spending alot of time here Ski.  Like it? :D

1280715[/snapback]

Sure, I like anything related to fantasy football...

any chance you could nominate a commish from your site? Just to get the ball rolling... then the 3 commishes could hammer out some details.

Sure, I like anything related to fantasy football...

any chance you could nominate a commish from your site?  Just to get the ball rolling... then the 3 commishes could hammer out some details.

1280746[/snapback]

I don't know. We're kind of busy this time of the year. We have the Huddle fights going on right now :D , and then we have the Huddle awards. :D Once we have those wrapped up, we have weeks of Mystery Huddler. :D

:D What can we say? :D

I suggested at Fantasy Cafe that they grab a fourth site and make this a 16 team league, just for something different. I also offered to help hammer out the rules.

So far we have Puddy nominated and accepted. Anybody else want to throw their buddy under the bu.......er, throw someone's hat in the ring?

So far we have Puddy nominated and accepted.

1281171[/snapback]

Please don't construe my :D post as an acceptance. I may have too many leagues now and am considering a piece of the WCOFF and my first Dynasty league with IDP.

Probably won't have the time to dedicate the necessary time to properly represent my fellow Huddlers :D

Sorry If I misled you (plus there are more qualified folks here than me) :D

Please don't construe my :D post as an acceptance.  I may have too many leagues now and am considering a piece of the WCOFF and my first Dynasty league with IDP. 

Probably won't have the time to dedicate the necessary time to properly represent my fellow Huddlers :D

Sorry If I misled you (plus there are more qualified folks here than me) :D

1281332[/snapback]

And not enough stepping up to have a vote...

So far the people that have expressed interest are:

Hat Trick

Swampnuts

Piranha

Panther Dave

Devil Woman.

I'll throw my hat in as well, but it would be nice if some more of our esteemed BotH champions were interested. Especially if we can get the admins from both sites to put up for the coveted sippy cup trophy :D

If we can get some more interest, I will set up a poll system to nominate people for the league. 6 is not a big enough pool.

:D Step up and represent!! :D

i agree with sarge in that what do we have to prove? Everyone already knows we are the best and sometimes in an attempt to show some humility we may lose a league here and there to keep everyone else interested BUT if this goes down put me down as one of the ass kickers...if we get to many huddlers that want to represent maybe we should go to a poll to elect our participants or something like that or use JJ Fights  :D

1277702[/snapback]

And not enough stepping up to have a vote...

So far the people that have expressed interest are:

Hat Trick

Swampnuts

Piranha

Panther Dave

Devil Woman.

I'll throw my hat in as well, but it would be nice if some more of our esteemed BotH champions were interested.  Especially if we can get the admins from both sites to put up for the coveted sippy cup trophy :D

If we can get some more interest, I will set up a poll system to nominate people for the league.  6 is not a big enough pool.

:D  Step up and represent!!  :D

1281353[/snapback]

i thought i said i would represent but i guess i didnt...i have a few Both league titles to my name :D

So Hat Trick, Swampnuts, Devilwoman, Pranha, Keggerz, Panther Dave, and me.

I know Hat Trick, Keg, and myself have BotH championships to our name. I will have to check on the others.

Anyone else with a BotH crown, please toss your hat in the ring if you want to represent. This is looking like it will shape up as a 16 team league with 4 divisions, with one team from each site in each division. Probably top 8 make the playoffs (Div Champs, plus the next 4 best). maybe top 6.

Oh I am so down with doing this. I throw my hat into the ring. Are you kidding me. This could one hellavah thing going on.

Where would we host it?

How do we figure out who represents Da Huddle in this league.

Entry fee?

rules?

do we get a 4th site involved?

16 team league, 4 divisions?

PM me with any details at all.

When you have been around for more than five minutes and have won a few site awards ... then maybe we will care and/or notice your existence.

1281870[/snapback]

Well I'll be!! This thread has brought out two RARE sightings: Beach Bum and No One :D

From what I can track, the other sites are also asking that their players have wom championships in league sites. That's a good thing, and should make for good competition.

Of the folks that are on the list so far, can you each give a BotH history? And for any new people throwing their hat in the ring, could you provide it as well? I will collect them here and transfer them to voting threads if we can get enough people interested to force a vote :D

My Both history:

FBRO: 2 seasons. 12 team performance league, 16 player roster, start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, WR/RB/TE, PK DST. A little weighted towards TDs (first season 1/20 yds Ru/Re, 1/50yds Pa). Innaugural season champion, lost in championship game year 2

Bling Bling: 2 seasons. 12 team standard performance league, 20 player roster, start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, PK, DST. 4 pts for PaTD, 1 pt per catch. 2 3rd place finishes.

Late Bloomers: 2 seasons. 12 team standard performance league, 16 player roster, start QB, RB, WR/TE, WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, RB/WR/TE, PK, DST. First round playoff exit and missed playoffs

Prime Time: 1 season. 12 team performance league, 18 player roster, start QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, RB/WR/TE, PK, DST. 1 pt/5 carries, 1 pt per 2 catches, TEs 1.5pts/10yds Ru/Re. First round playoff exit.

32 More Homers: 1 season. 32 team performance league, Homer stud, PK, DST. 12 player roster, start TMQB, RB, WR, WR, TE, TMPK, TMDST. Lost in Innaugural SB.

In addition, I have 1 Championship, 3 3rd place finishes, and a first round playoff exit in 7 total seasons of local play. I am making the playoffs overall at a clip of 80% in all of my leagues, and roughly 86% in my BotH leagues.