[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Seahawks a fraud?

Hat Trick

Not this year they are not.

1279308[/snapback]

they are probably the only team that had an easier schedule than the Colts..

before the season started, the eagles, Colts and Falcons looked like tough games...

that didn't pan out....

timing of road trips and the bye week can help out alot...

I just think that when they play a team that hustles...they choke...they don't hustle to me...

Carolina just looks like a team ready to go to the superbowl...

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are probably the only team that had an easier schedule than the Colts..

before the season started, the eagles, Colts and Falcons looked like tough games...

that didn't pan out....

timing of road trips and the bye week can help out alot...

I just think that when they play a team that hustles...they choke...they don't hustle to me...

Carolina just looks like a team ready to go to the superbowl...

1279316[/snapback]

Guess the answer lies in this Sunday's game. But, as a homer (granted), who has watched them all year I have no idea where you are getting the "they don't hustle and don't catch" observations from. It certainly isn't from anything they've done this year.

They've won every game since about week 4 or 5. It obviously wasn't the toughest schedule in the NFL, but I would insist a few teams probably "hustled" against them in that span.

Edit to add: The verocity of the Panthers scares me a little bit, but I don't think enough people are given the Seahawks credit. If Seattle can contain S. Smith, they win this game, Seattle has way more weapons on offense. The Seattle defense may not have some of the big names like the Panthers have, but I guarantee if you think they are soft, they will suprise.

Edited by bushwacked

I though the Seahawks destroyed this last week when they beat WAS without Shawn mostly.  I still don't like them against CAR though :D

1279358[/snapback]

:D Because the Seahawks are one of the very few teams you don't like.

1279316[/snapback]

One example please.

Week 1? Week 4? Week 17?

Those are the only three "chokes" on the schedule this season, so tell me what happened.

Look jack ass!  You are the one claiming Seattle is going down this weekend.  I am just giving you a chance to put your money where your mouth is.  But instead you punk out.  Quit running your pie hole if you arent willing to back it up.

1279294[/snapback]

WOW!! Now thats really going to get me to shut my pie hole!!

Your team is soft, Shauna got knocked from the game on a hit that 95% of all RB's in the NFL would have just bounced back from, and while the Seagulls just barely got through Washington (a lesser team), Carolina went into a hostile climate and beat the Bears down.

But guess what (and this is all because of you!!) I will be calling you out sometime late Sunday. Either I will be telling you that I was right, Shauna lasted about five plays and you lost, or I will be telling you that your team will lose the Super Bowl. One or the other!!

Just for the record, I would not bet with anyone on here. We all dont know each other personally, so why would I bet when I can go to a reputable betting site and GET ODDS since you want me to take an underdog straight up.

Oh, and let me save you the trouble...yes, the Niners suck, but we are on our way back. At least we are not a bunch of SOFTIES who punk out of a big game with a minor headache!!

Edited by NinersIn2006!

WOW!!  Now thats really going to get me to shut my pie hole!!

Your team is soft,

1279377[/snapback]

The Seahawks aren't Spain's "team." This should be a good game, but the weight of evidence on who should win isn't being supported by the Carolina crowd on this thread or generally in this forum. Pre-conceived speculation and notions go a long way against a team like Seattle (historically perennial losers) I guess.

Skip Bayless ....a name change might have been a good idea there ...

Seahawks have earned their spot in this game ...and if they win , they kill any notion of a fraud ...if they lose , then all the haters and 2nd guessers can jump in and make their argument ( and they will be able to make an argument to some point for sure )

WOW!!  Now thats really going to get me to shut my pie hole!!

Your team is soft, Shauna got knocked from the game on a hit that 95% of all RB's in the NFL would have just bounced back from, and while the Seagulls just barely got through Washington (a lesser team), Carolina went into a hostile climate and beat the Bears down.

But guess what (and this is all because of you!!)  I will be calling you out sometime late Sunday.  Either I will be telling you that I was right, Shauna lasted about five plays and you lost, or I will be telling you that your team will lose the Super Bowl.  One or the other!!

Just for the record, I would not bet with anyone on here.  We all dont know each other personally, so why would I bet when I can go to a reputable betting site and GET ODDS since you want me to take an underdog straight up.

Oh, and let me save you the trouble...yes, the Niners suck, but we are on our way back.  At least we are not a bunch of SOFTIES who punk out of a big game with a minor headache!!

1279377[/snapback]

What gave you the idea that Seattle was "my team"? They are not "my team". I was just tired of the lame arguements I kept reading by you and others who think Seattle is a weak team and that Alexander is soft. Your juvenile attempts to debate are ridiculous and none of your assertions are supported by the facts. For the record, not many weak teams make it to the conference championship game. I did watch Seattle play in person when they came to Nashville to play "my team", the Titans and I came away very impressed. Will they win this weekend? I dont know. But I do know that I could make a much better arguement, for either side, than you lamo's are posting...

Big bunch of SOFTIES. 

1279263[/snapback]

:D Coming from a Niners fan? :D You've gotta be kidding me.

Your loser a$$ is not allowed to speak until you break .500.

NOW, GET ME A BEER, BEEYOTCH!

Edited by Bonehand

:D Coming from a Niners fan?  :D You've gotta be kidding me.

1279474[/snapback]

He is just upset about the advanced knowledge that the Seahawks will kick the crap out of his team twice again next year... and probably the year after that as well.

Its like us, as Seahawks fans, saying in 1993 "Yes our team sucks, but we are on our way up"

Edited by NoSupe4You

What gave you the idea that Seattle was "my team"?  They are not "my team".  I was just tired of the lame arguements I kept reading by you and others who think Seattle is a weak team and that Alexander is soft.  Your juvenile attempts to debate are ridiculous and none of your assertions are supported by the facts.  For the record, not many weak teams make it to the conference championship game.  I did watch Seattle play in person when they came to Nashville to play "my team", the Titans and I came away very impressed.  Will they win this weekend?  I dont know.  But I do know that I could make a much better arguement, for either side, than you lamo's are posting...

1279447[/snapback]

Well, good news to all Seahawk fans. I'm agreeing w/ Spain on principle. That is more unlikely than the Seahawks winning the Superbowl. :D

One example please.

Week 1? Week 4? Week 17?

Those are the only three "chokes" on the schedule this season, so tell me what happened.

1279376[/snapback]

they don't just change their spots...this is still the same team as last year, except they have been luckier...

last week showed me that....the Skins have no offense and they are beat up terribly....Seattle barely won..

Carolina is alot better than washington...

Is your mom a hore

1278792[/snapback]

Really, if this is the best you can do, quit posting. I understand your a homer, and I see nothing wrong with that, but to come at some one that disagrees with your view with the above, it's lame, really, really lame.

As for the Seahawks, yes their schedule has played a major role in getting them to the championship. And now they face a runningbackless Panther team that they should be able to spank tomorrow (I believe this is one of the luckiest teams I have ever seen). But I will still give them a :D because they have managed to win the ones they were suppose to, and some of the ones they weren't suppose too. And that is what makes a Champion.

So Seattle homers, your going to Detroit, your first SuperBowl. Where all your hopes and dreams will be crushed by the Steelers...... :D

What gave you the idea that Seattle was "my team"?  They are not "my team".  I was just tired of the lame arguements I kept reading by you and others who think Seattle is a weak team and that Alexander is soft.  Your juvenile attempts to debate are ridiculous and none of your assertions are supported by the facts.  For the record, not many weak teams make it to the conference championship game.  I did watch Seattle play in person when they came to Nashville to play "my team", the Titans and I came away very impressed.  Will they win this weekend?  I dont know.  But I do know that I could make a much better arguement, for either side, than you lamo's are posting...

1279447[/snapback]

You know, you actually make a decent point. In re-reading alot of my posts, I make assertions, but do not support them with facts. My apologies. Allow me to support my assertions that 1) the Seahawks are soft and 2) they will lose to Carolina this weekend:

1. Seattle has not won a big game playoff game with pressure in their little mini-run (and Washington did not count, even I was giving them that game!) How did you guys do against Miami, the Lambs, and the Pack when you have played them in the playoffs in past years? Oh yeah, losses all three times. Good team at standing up to the pressure!!

2. Shauna did not complete the game last week. Infact, he did not make it out of the first quarter. Now this is solely my opinion, but most RB's in that league would have bounced right up from that.

3. Shauna's peers voted him #1 most overrated player in the league. Who would know more about the guy than his peers. Kinda wierd for someone who just broke the record for TD's. Maybe the guy is a little soft??

4. Djax missed time in the playoff game. Granted, credit given where due, he did get back in the game and had a mighty nice game.

Okay, now maybe, just maybe I have gone a little overboard with calling the Seagulls softies. Honestly, its been fun getting alot of you Seagull fans riled up. But let me give you my biggest fact of all:

CAROLINA HAS PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY CAN WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE PLAYOFFS. Infact, the next road game they lose in the playoffs (SB 38 was a neutral site) will be the first (at least in this latest run for them).

Meanwhile, all the Seagulls have proven is how to choke in the big game. Have fun tomorrow fellas!!

:D Coming from a Niners fan?  :D You've gotta be kidding me.

1279474[/snapback]

Since when do I need the permission of a Seagull fan to speak?? And lets see if ya'all are laughing tomorrow say about 7pm PST.

How many rings you have? Cuz we one for every finger, and one for the thumb!! I believe you have a BIG FAT GOOSE EGG!!

NOW GET MY FIVE BEERS BEEYOTCH!!!

He is just upset about the advanced knowledge that the Seahawks will kick the crap out of his team twice again next year... and probably the year after that as well.

Its like us, as Seahawks fans, saying in 1993 "Yes our team sucks, but we are on our way up"

1279626[/snapback]

They probably will. I already admitted my team sucks. But I believe (as any true homer fan does) that we will be back, and we are on our way up.

But at least my team 1) isnt a big bunch of softies, and 2) can win the big game (I already pointed out the number of SB wins we have, but just out of curiousity, how many losses do we have??)

YOU GET ME FIVE BEERS ALSO BEEYOTCH!!!

They probably will.  I already admitted my team sucks.  But I believe (as any true homer fan does) that we will be back, and we are on our way up.

But at least my team 1) isnt a big bunch of softies, and 2) can win the big game (I already pointed out the number of SB wins we have, but just out of curiousity, how many losses do we have??)

YOU GET ME FIVE BEERS ALSO BEEYOTCH!!!

1280643[/snapback]

What do the SB wins in the Whiners history have anything to do with the current team? The Whiners have a recent history of consisently losing in the playoffs (and haven't even made it to the playoffs in what 3 years now?). Unless they plan on suiting up Young or Montana or Rice in their prime you can quit quoting ancient NFL history to help back your current teams situation.

As for Washington, they only became a push over the week after the Hawks beat them. Before that all I was reading about was how the mighty Skins were going to expose the Hawks.

Edited by NoSupe4You

they don't just change their spots...this is still the same team as last year, except they have been luckier...

last week showed me that....the Skins have no offense and they are beat up terribly....Seattle barely won..

Carolina is alot better than washington...

1280054[/snapback]

Have you even watched Sea play?? This team is good- granted their schedule ending up being soft- but so what they took care of business. This team is alot better than last year- there D is actually pretty darn good at stopping the run of late- and you will see it tomorrow as they shut down Goings, contain Smith and move on to the SB. With a healthy and motivated SA- the best, most balanced offense in the NFL will roll.

Sea 31

Car 21 - :D:D

What do the SB wins in the Whiners history have anything to do with the current team?  The Whiners have a recent history of consisently losing in the playoffs (and haven't even made it to the playoffs in what 3 years now?).  Unless they plan on suiting up Young or Montana or Rice in their prime you can quit quoting ancient NFL history to help back your current teams situation.

As for Washington, they only became a push over the week after the Hawks beat them.  Before that all I was reading about was how the mighty Skins were going to expose the Hawks.

1280920[/snapback]

IT MEANS WE HAVE A FISTFUL OF RINGS (CURRENTLY) AND YOU HAVE A HANDFULL OF NOTHING (CURRENTLY)

I have to say, you Seagull fans are sure fun to get riled up!! And I know, the Niners currently suck, you have owned us in recent years, but like I said, I have faith. And while you have had a couple good years, we have a good 2.5 DECADES OF SUSTAINED EXCELLENCE. Yeah, there have been a few bumps here and there, but who has the best record, most playoff wins, and most SB victories in the last 25 years? I'll save you the research, that would be us.

But I will say this...the Seagulls win the Super Bowl, I will come on here and admit I was wrong, and that they are not a bunch of softies. I am man enough and can own it when I'm wrong, but I just dont think I will be.

But I will say this...the Seagulls win the Super Bowl, I will come on here and admit I was wrong, and that they are not a bunch of softies.  I am man enough and can own it when I'm wrong, but I just dont think I will be.

1281075[/snapback]

Hmmm, San Farisco.....being gay wasn't enough???.....you have to be a horrible prognosticater too??? :D

You know, you actually make a decent point.  In re-reading alot of my posts, I make assertions, but do not support them with facts.  My apologies.  Allow me to support my assertions that 1) the Seahawks are soft and 2) they will lose to Carolina this weekend:

1.  Seattle has not won a big game playoff game with pressure in their little mini-run (and Washington did not count, even I was giving them that game!)  How did you guys do against Miami, the Lambs, and the Pack when you have played them in the playoffs in past years?  Oh yeah, losses all three times.  Good team at standing up to the pressure!!

2.  Shauna did not complete the game last week.  Infact, he did not make it out of the first quarter.  Now this is solely my opinion, but most RB's in that league would have bounced right up from that. 

3.  Shauna's peers voted him #1 most overrated player in the league.  Who would know more about the guy than his peers.  Kinda wierd for someone who just broke the record for TD's.  Maybe the guy is a little soft??

4.  Djax missed time in the playoff game.  Granted, credit given where due, he did get back in the game and had a mighty nice game.

Okay, now maybe, just maybe I have gone a little overboard with calling the Seagulls softies.  Honestly, its been fun getting alot of you Seagull fans riled up.  But let me give you my biggest fact of all:

CAROLINA HAS PROVEN TIME AND TIME AGAIN THAT THEY CAN WIN ON THE ROAD IN THE PLAYOFFS.  Infact, the next road game they lose in the playoffs (SB 38 was a neutral site) will be the first (at least in this latest run for them).

Meanwhile, all the Seagulls have proven is how to choke in the big game.  Have fun tomorrow fellas!!

1280635[/snapback]

I remember after the year that Alexander took over for Watters....alot of people were saying he hits the hole soft...(insert joke)...

and in any physical game...he's proven that to be true...

they better be prepared to win the game without him being effective...

he's a stat guy...this generations Barry Sanders...a player who you wouldn't give the ball to on 4th and 1 unless they played a soft defense like the Rams or somebody...

Have you even watched Sea play?? This team is good- granted their schedule ending up being soft- but so what they took care of business. This team is alot better than last year- there D is actually pretty darn good at stopping the run of late- and you will see it tomorrow as they shut down Goings, contain Smith and move on to the SB. With a healthy and motivated SA- the best, most balanced offense in the NFL will roll.

Sea 31

Car 21  -  :D  :D

1280970[/snapback]

no..I've seen them play and was drinking the Seahawks coolaid...

I was saying that you can't hate them for having a soft schedule and are putting teams away blatantly...

but after watching them last week, I just didn't see a team that wanted to go to the superbowl...

Carolina is going to fight...tooth and nail, they better be ready to play their toughest game of the season if they want to win...

I will say this.....if Seattle actually has Jurevicius line up....and then throws to him, they have a shot at winning this game...

he's their mismatch....