[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Are the Seahawks a fraud?

Hat Trick

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=bayless/060120

:D

I do agree with a lot of this. :D

Now Seahawks owner Paul Allen has hit the lottery twice -- co-founding Microsoft and lucking into the easiest road to Super Bowl fame since Janet Jackson's. Think about it: Allen's Seahawks played only four teams in the tougher AFC. They opened in Jacksonville, where they were predictably thumped 26-14. Then, right on schedule, they got to play the Texans and Titans as they were crumbling. Finally, Indianapolis played its junior varsity when it visited Seattle in Week 16.

Of Seattle's division opponents, St. Louis went 6-10, Arizona 5-11 and San Francisco 4-12.

And in their NFC nondivision home games …

The Seahawks survived Atlanta 21-18 when Michael Vick was banged up in the fourth quarter; survived Dallas 13-10 when Drew Bledsoe threw an inconceivably stupid late interception -- to somebody named Jordan Babineaux -- that set up a 50-yard field goal as time expired; and survived the New York Giants 24-21 in overtime when Jay "I've Lost My" Feely missed three field goals that could have won it. :D

The Seahawks' most impressive performance came on a Monday night in Philadelphia, when they won 42-0 -- while the no-Donovan, no-T.O., no-heart Eagles of Mike McMahon turned the ball over six times. But that night, much of America woke up and realized the Seattle Seahawks had sneaked up and stolen the NFC after playing the easiest schedule since the strike year of 1987. :D
Edited by Hat Trick

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remains to be seen. They did benefit from a relatively easy schedule, so I'd say they weren't really tested until they lost Alexander last week. Being able to hold it together last week despite Alexander's injury was a good sign. I'd like to see them win it all.

Is your mom a hore

1278792[/snapback]

Yeah so what's your point :D

I never said i didn't like the Seahawks, just said I agreed with most of what he said.

Allen's Seahawks played only four teams in the tougher AFC
- Kind of like every other team in the NFC? :D

They opened in Jacksonville, where they were predictably thumped 26-14
- They weren't thumped, that was a game that came down to the final minutes. Didn't Carolina lose their opener to, of all teams, the Saints? How about Denver to the Dolphins? Or was I just imagining those two?

Finally, Indianapolis played its junior varsity when it visited Seattle in Week 16.
- They played against the starters for several series and held their own. Not that it was a whole game, but I don't see how this can be used to discredit the Hawks.

The Seahawks survived Atlanta 21-18 when Michael Vick was banged up in the fourth quarter
- They beat Atlanta when everybody was still talking about how good they were. Again, how can this be used against them?

survived Dallas 13-10 when Drew Bledsoe threw an inconceivably stupid late interception -- to somebody named Jordan Babineaux -- that set up a 50-yard field goal as time expired
- I don't see how it matters who intercepted the pass. Fact is if BLedsoe wasn't taking chances, the game would have gone to OT, and the Seahawks (with the momentum) probably had the better chance of winning.

and survived the New York Giants 24-21 in overtime when Jay "I've Lost My" Feely missed three field goals that could have won it.
- And lost the Washington game in the same way... at worst a wash.

The Seahawks' most impressive performance came on a Monday night in Philadelphia, when they won 42-0 -- while the no-Donovan, no-T.O., no-heart Eagles of Mike McMahon turned the ball over six times.
- This is the same exact line-up for the Eagles that almost took the Giants out the following Sunday on a short week.

They've been a good team for a long time imo, but dropped so many balls they lost games.

The addition of Jurevicious this year helped and they have grown greatly as a team. Who is better in the NFC? Carolina? Maybe but having only 1 good WR will hurt this week.

I think the Hawks are legit - they've been a little uneven but have had 3 straight winning seasons with playoff berths. Balanced offense, MVP RB, solid passing game, improving defense (amazing how one undersized LB improves a whole chunk of the team!), very good coach - while they may not be "13-3" good, I don't feel they necessarily "squeaked" their way into anything, played a helluva game vs Washington minus their top player, and have a GREAT shot with the NFC title game at home.

Bottom line, they did what they had to do to get where they are. Fans of Indy and Chi certainly wish their teams did the same.

The Seagulls are going down this weekend. Big bunch of SOFTIES.

And the biggest one is Shauna (yes, I said SHAUNA) Alexander. The guy cant get back in last weekend's game, yet, he can do cartwheels when the Seagulls scored in the 4th quarter. Then he has the nerve to say he had none of the headaches, diziness, or black spots associated with a concussion during the game...THEN WHY THE HELL WERENT YOU OUT THERE!?!?!?

I have $100 that says the Seahawks beat the Panthers.  Yall haters, put up or shut up.  Let me know either on this thread or through a pm.

1279281[/snapback]

No thanks! If I wanted to put $100 on the Panthers to win straight up, I would go to a gambling website and bet the moneyline, then get a little more for my money!

Also, posting that will not make us "Seahawk haters" shut up! If anything, it will fuel the fire, and we can rain on the Seagulls a little more!

Bye bye Seattle, bye bye!! Come join the ranks of all of us losers after this weekend!!

Edited by NinersIn2006!

(the really bad word) skip bayless

1278796[/snapback]

skip bayless is the biggest idiot...

but I agree with all of the opening quotes in the 1st post of this thread....

I think the Panthers will out-hustle, out-heart, out-physical and outplay the seahawks...

No thanks!  If I wanted to put $100 on the Panthers to win straight up, I would go to a gambling website and bet the moneyline, then get a little more for my money!

Also, posting that will not make us "Seahawk haters" shut up!  If anything, it will fuel the fire, and we can rain on the Seagulls a little more! 

Bye bye Seattle, bye bye!!  Come join the ranks of all of us losers after this weekend!!

1279285[/snapback]

Look jack ass! You are the one claiming Seattle is going down this weekend. I am just giving you a chance to put your money where your mouth is. But instead you punk out. Quit running your pie hole if you arent willing to back it up.

They've been a good team for a long time imo, but dropped so many balls they lost games.

The addition of Jurevicious this year helped and they have grown greatly as a team. Who is better in the NFC? Carolina? Maybe but having only 1 good WR will hurt this week.

1279230[/snapback]

they don't even seem to use Jurevicius anyways....which puzzles me, he's probably their only sure-handed wideout..

Is your mom a hore

1278792[/snapback]

My temporary love for you is now over kid.

I have $100 that says the Seahawks beat the Panthers.  Yall haters, put up or shut up.  Let me know either on this thread or through a pm.

1279281[/snapback]

Nice work Spain. I doubt you'll get any takers.

Actually, cutting ties with Koren Robinson helped this situation greatly...

1279310[/snapback]

true...Darrell Jackson was famous for that...and Engram dropped the only pass I saw thrown to him (I was drinking and playing darts)...so that doesn't help...

when Alexander went down, I knew I'd be bored and found myself multi-tasking...