[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Last 4 minutes of Seahawks victory

Savage Beatings

Did anybody else, especially you Seahawks fans, think it was odd that Holmgren kept playing his studs on offense trying to grind down the clock with only about 4 minutes left in the game and a solid 20 point lead?

I just kept thinking to myself, that idiot is going to risk injurying either Hasselbeck or Alexander when they've clearly got the trip to the Superbowl wrapped up?!?!?

Am I alone in thinking that this was just incredibly stupid... or as Head Coach would you guys have kept everybody in, risking injury, just to MAKE SURE that Carolina wouldn't come back from a 20 point hole? :D

I would also think it is considered very insulting to bench your starters in a conference championship game for the other team.

Don't get me wrong, I'm just saying If I were the Panthers I would already be upset enough as it is that I lost with out noticing that they've put in their second string.

Edited by kpholmes

I would also think it is considered very insulting to bench your starters in a conference championship game.

1283409[/snapback]

Understood, but at the risk of possibly injurying a marquee player just before the big show, I think I would opt to insult the Panthers.

Did anybody else, especially you Seahawks fans, think it was odd that Holmgren kept playing his studs on offense trying to grind down the clock with only about 4 minutes left in the game and a solid 20 point lead?

I just kept thinking to myself, that idiot is going to risk injurying either Hasselbeck or Alexander when they've clearly got the trip to the Superbowl wrapped up?!?!?

Am I alone in thinking that this was just incredibly stupid... or as Head Coach would you guys have kept everybody in, risking injury, just to MAKE SURE that Carolina wouldn't come back from a 20 point hole?  :D

1283371[/snapback]

I can think of 2 reasons why Holmgren would not let up & take out the starters:

1) since the Hawks gave up a 20 pt hole to the Rams JUST LAST YEAR

2) since the Carolina Panthers have Steve Smith on their team

I can think of 2 reasons why Holmgren would not let up & take out the starters:

1) since the Hawks gave up a 20 pt hole to the Rams JUST LAST YEAR

2) since the Carolina Panthers have Steve Smith on their team

1283423[/snapback]

Well, I can understand leaving your Defensive starters in there, but do you really need to have Hasselbeck and Alexander in on offense if your only trying to grind out a few yards so that the clock can wind down? Unless Holmgren just does not trust his 2nd string guys to NOT turn the ball over, I think it's a mistake.

Well, I can understand leaving your Defensive starters in there, but do you really need to have Hasselbeck and Alexander in on offense if your only trying to grind out a few yards so that the clock can wind down?  Unless Holmgren just does not trust his 2nd string guys to NOT turn the ball over, I think it's a mistake.

1283449[/snapback]

Alexander's last carry came with 3:40 left in the game.

'Cuz we're not finished yet, Boyeee! :D

1283448[/snapback]

exactly!!

He kept them in because it's important to finish and finish strong no let up. They have been working on that since the Washington game at Washington. It's been a monkey on their shoulders more than once and I know he is trying to drive that home. You can't worry about injuries...you have to FINISH!!!

Edited by devilwoman

Shaun should not have been in the game with 4min left.

1284160[/snapback]

Ok that is your opinion and probably many opinions of others...but I think it was fine he was in...why not...injury...? Possible...but it was more important for them to finish as a team. I am glad Holmgren left him in.

Edited by devilwoman

NOT a valid question. This is the playoffs. Every game is your last. If Shaun gets hurt there sure its gonna hurt us in the super bowl but if Mo or Seneca fumble the rock down the stretch.. there may not be a super bowl. Holmgren will risk his starters who have played 18 games, for four minutes.

I don't know .....after Bettis's fumble last week you have to realize that its really never over until its over. Pitt's sideline went crazy when Indy lost the 4th down, thought it was over. Holmgren didn't think it was over with 4 minutes left apparently. Think about the game where Dallas gave up 14 points late in the 4th quarter to Santana Moss. He remind you of anyone (Steve Smith)? You can't let them have any chances, especially when a team is looking for any window of light to keep their season from ending. I applaud the move to keep players in until it was truly over.

NOT a valid question. 

1284613[/snapback]

What do you mean NOT a valid question?!?!? Of course it is. As this thread bears out, there are good cases to be made on both sides of the argument. Only a simple-minded fool would not be able to see that. You might agree with Holmgren's decision, and I think people here have given fine reasons for the way he coached, but to dismiss any questioning of his decisions at all, is really just blind homerism at it's worst.

The football boards are meant to be a place to bring up questions just like this one. The questions is valid... it's your answer that is not.

What do you mean NOT a valid question?!?!?  Of course it is.  As this thread bears out, there are good cases to be made on both sides of the argument.  Only a simple-minded fool would not be able to see that.  You might agree with Holmgren's decision, and I think people here have given fine reasons for the way he coached, but to dismiss any questioning of his decisions at all, is really just blind homerism at it's worst.

The football boards are meant to be a place to bring up questions just like this one.  The questions is valid... it's your answer that is not.

1285281[/snapback]

hey it isn't my fault that the people on the other side of the issue are flat WRONG. If Wallace and Morris were in the game with 4 minutes left, I would have gone absolute ape-poop. Holmgren is too smart to let that happen. Period. There is no other side of any story here. The question is not valid because it is not valid. It is too stupid to be a part of the decision making process. There, how's that for valid

There, how's that for valid

1286185[/snapback]

Lacking of even a modicum of reason or wit. Keep posting... please. With every word you type, your lack of intelligence shines through like a dull beacon to all blundering simpletons.

I believe you may have taken the wrong stand here Savage. This is the NFL. A place where anything can, and often does, happen.

Hiedi. Really don't need to say more about that. :D

=================================

Seattle losing a 20 point lead to the Rams.

Seattle never seeming to close out a game in previous years.

There is no way, especially after the Smith TD, that Homegrins pulls anyone. He was spelling Alexander, but no way he pulls Hass.

History has a way of repeating itself... and it appears that Homegrins has finally got the message... it ain't over 'til the Fat Lady Sings.

I have talked to no one in this area that didn't support keeping those players in. They didn't just want the game in the bag....... they wanted the win.

Pitt had the game in the bag and were all celebrating... then Bettis promptly fumbles. You don't quit putting the pedal to the metal until the whistle blows.

Lacking of even a modicum of reason or wit.  Keep posting... please.  With every word you type, your lack of intelligence shines through like a dull beacon to all blundering simpletons.

1286200[/snapback]

Having him confused with 37? :D